Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are you buying the Moschino SP?

124...Next

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Other (Comment)
    For CAS, B/B and photography, but not to complete a collection. Like my barbie dolls, I buy only what I like not to complete a collection.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 58 Member
    Other (Comment)
    Yeah, I didn't plan on buying this pack. I was sure I wouldn't, but my daughter is interested in fashion and so on, so I ended up buying this pack anyways so she can play it too. To my surprise I like this pack, but it's not because of CAS items. I like those shoes though.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Other (Comment)
    Yeah, I didn't plan on buying this pack. I was sure I wouldn't, but my daughter is interested in fashion and so on, so I ended up buying this pack anyways so she can play it too. To my surprise I like this pack, but it's not because of CAS items. I like those shoes though.

Everything looks better in game compared to shared pics here on the forums. And yes, the shoes are nice.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I am not purchasing.
    Initially I said I would purchase it because I was interested in a pack with avant garde/runway fashion to go with Get Famous. But after the pack was released I felt like it didn't go far enough and the clothes are way too tame. Maybe one day in the future I'll get it but there are other packs I want much more.
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Other (Comment)
    I did think about getting it for the clothes but when I bought it, they were a bit lacking. A stuff pack with so few clothes in it by the designer it's named after really puts things into perspective. I was disappointed by the lack of kids and toddler clothing but couldn't get over how few items were included in the CAS. That said I did buy it for the build and buy items and the expansion of photography. A few people in the forums have said it should really have been more about the photography and less about the clothing and I tend to agree if you're going value for money. I like the look of most of the items except that biker jacket and trousers with all the different coloured diamonds on it. I think if ever Maxis does a circus pack that look will come in very handy for my clowns. That said one thing out of a pack that I really dislike is good going, which is why I bought it.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    BB items.
    I didn't know if I'd buy this pack immediately.

I knew I'd end up buying it eventually for completion, but the BB items really sold it for me. I've been wanting those big windows since forever! And I was surprised by how much I liked the new CAS items. I'm really not a Moschino fan, so I was dreading what sort of clothing options would be included, but it looks like they've chosen some of the better clothes which was a relief!

Idk whether or not I'll make much use of the photography career, but I'm a sucker for cool new BB items, so I'm pretty happy tbh. I'm ashamed of myself for judging so hard at the announcement!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Photography features.
    I'm still waiting while doing a bit more research into the bugs that are being reported. Looks as if it will be a while until I do buy it seeing as some of the new features are not behaving as they should. I'm disappointed because I wanted the new photography upgrades in this pack. But I'm not going to pay for something that is a bit broken. This problem with bugged features in new packs is getting tiresome. Until these bugs are fixed, this pack won't be added to my game.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    BB items.
    i've read it has a bug that is freezing/crashing people's games, i'm not going to pay for broken content so i'll buy it when that's been fixed.
    also, the cas is a big disappointment. the pack is about fashion but you only get a handful of ugly items with like two swatches each? 🤦🏻‍♀️
    but bb is nice and so is the career.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2019
    All of the above.
    mostly for buy/build. the career and the photography improvements. some hair/clothing

only wish they had added a modelling career to

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Other (Comment)
    I haven't decided yet, I'm always down for new clothing for my sims, but ultra-modern isn't really my thing. So I'm going to wait and see.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    I am not purchasing.
    I'm not buying and will never buy it, I don't care for the CAS and I don't really use or value the photography skill. Some of the build items are nice but not enough for me to purchase.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Photography features.
    The only reason I bought it was for the photography career. I was hoping for a specific lot type for the photography studio (they didn't add it in go figure). Of course it's bugged out so bad that the game freezes every time I go to take pictures. The photos that are sent off for approval rarely come back. Needing an update super bad right now. *SIGH*
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Photography features.
    I haven't bought it yet but I am getting it for the photography. I am wondering about stability when the screenshot folder gets crazy? I also want to know if you clean out the screenshot folder will you lose the pictures in game? I don't want to clog my harddrive with sims 4 screenshots...LOL I wonder if they even tested that.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am not purchasing.
    @keekee53 Photography is currently all-around broken in Moschino. The career having the biggest flaws. Best to wait for a patch or use mods for the poses and use what we got from GTW. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Photography features.
    Hestia wrote: »
    @keekee53 Photography is currently all-around broken in Moschino. The career having the biggest flaws. Best to wait for a patch or use mods for the poses and use what we got from GTW. :)

ack...yeah I will wait then LOL Thank you for the heads up :)
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Other (Comment)
    I answered other but I bought it for the fashion photographer career. It still is freelancer and photography (both of which I thought was redundant) but I like the way they have combined them to make something new and use new skills or items. Seems like more thought when into them than the basic freelancer profession had where you get paid to do something you could get paid to do anyway. I'm happy with it so far.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Photography features.
    Definitely photography. I also like some of the BB items (especially those windows), but I wouldn't buy it just for them. The photography is my main priority.

(I was actually very dismissive of this pack at first and was like, 'okay, definitely not getting it'. The decider was the, well, photography. If they had marketed it as a photography pack in the first place instead of as a collab with a really ugly fashion brand, I would have had no issue with it from the outset!)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2019
    Photography features.
    Hestia wrote: »

It's not all-around broken. There's a simple workaround of using landscape for certain gigs until we get a patch. I haven't heard of any other serious issues and I've been using the career/skill ever since we got it.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Other (Comment)
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I want this pack mainly to have a way to take pics of my family members as they go through the different stages of their lives, go on vacations, get married, have children and grandchildren, celebrate holidays. To me, having photos of special events are important since our Sims don't retain memories of the special times in their lives. So the ability to take photos and display those in a Sim home just feels right and fits very well into the way I play. The B/B assets are suprisingly well done. But I am not at all excited about the CAS assets. Except for the new shoes. I do like the new shoes. LOL The new freelance career doesn't appeal to me, but who knows what I might do with it in the future.

Some Simmers feel the new photography features should have been in a free update since the ability to take photos came in the Get To Work pack, and to them it feels as if they are paying for the same DLC twice. I have been very vocal about the fact so much from past packs has been added to the base game, and I felt it was unfair to the Simmers that paid for the content EA is handing out for free. But after seeing how much was added to the basic photography skill, I do not feel it should have been in a free update. It is obvious the teams put a lot of time and thought into everything in this pack that pertains to photography with the ability to pose your Sims, the new animated backdrops, the tripod and camera that go into your Sim's inventory so they can take photos in every world, the new types of frames that are now available, placeholders to pose our Sims on in groups, toddlers and pets can now be in any photo. They added so much that is going to make taking nice photos easier, I am happy they didn't add one or two of these new features in a free update then fill the pack with a lot of new clothing or outlandish B/B assets I will never use. I freely admit I was unhappy with the theme of this latest stuff pack. But I was also unhappy about StrangerVille and that game pack proved to be quite fun and I use a lot of the assets from that pack. The Moschino Stuff pack isn't about fashion. That became very clear during the guru live stream. This pack is all about photography, and I couldn't be happier with that being the case. I have always felt we needed a way to take better photos in the game without needing to use mods or the photo studio that came in GTW. But I have heard there are a couple of glitches associated with the freelance career. So I guess I will hold off on buying the pack for a few days just in case there are other glitches that might affect regular gameplay. I hope there aren't more glitches because I can't wait to take photos in Sulani, and of Granite Falls in the winter.

Now if only they could get that pesky gnome to stop photobombing :)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Photography features.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I want this pack mainly to have a way to take pics of my family members as they go through the different stages of their lives, go on vacations, get married, have children and grandchildren, celebrate holidays. To me, having photos of special events are important since our Sims don't retain memories of the special times in their lives. So the ability to take photos and display those in a Sim home just feels right and fits very well into the way I play. The B/B assets are suprisingly well done. But I am not at all excited about the CAS assets. Except for the new shoes. I do like the new shoes. LOL The new freelance career doesn't appeal to me, but who knows what I might do with it in the future.

Some Simmers feel the new photography features should have been in a free update since the ability to take photos came in the Get To Work pack, and to them it feels as if they are paying for the same DLC twice. I have been very vocal about the fact so much from past packs has been added to the base game, and I felt it was unfair to the Simmers that paid for the content EA is handing out for free. But after seeing how much was added to the basic photography skill, I do not feel it should have been in a free update. It is obvious the teams put a lot of time and thought into everything in this pack that pertains to photography with the ability to pose your Sims, the new animated backdrops, the tripod and camera that go into your Sim's inventory so they can take photos in every world, the new types of frames that are now available, placeholders to pose our Sims on in groups, toddlers and pets can now be in any photo. They added so much that is going to make taking nice photos easier, I am happy they didn't add one or two of these new features in a free update then fill the pack with a lot of new clothing or outlandish B/B assets I will never use. I freely admit I was unhappy with the theme of this latest stuff pack. But I was also unhappy about StrangerVille and that game pack proved to be quite fun and I use a lot of the assets from that pack. The Moschino Stuff pack isn't about fashion. That became very clear during the guru live stream. This pack is all about photography, and I couldn't be happier with that being the case. I have always felt we needed a way to take better photos in the game without needing to use mods or the photo studio that came in GTW. But I have heard there are a couple of glitches associated with the freelance career. So I guess I will hold off on buying the pack for a few days just in case there are other glitches that might affect regular gameplay. I hope there aren't more glitches because I can't wait to take photos in Sulani, and of Granite Falls in the winter.
    Now if only they could get that pesky gnome to stop photobombing :)

The gnome is disabled when taking pictures on the tripod.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Photography features.
    I wasn't planning to at first; but it was the only way to get the photography feature, job and items, so I ended getting it. Not all the times are bad; but some I will never use. It is an alright pack and since it was just under $10, it is not the biggest deal. Fast food cost way more.
  • MAUVE5MAUVE5 Posts: 31 Member
    The fashion.
    I knew I wanted it right away. I love the two piece sets. Also the bb stuff is amazing