March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Occults Are You Expecting For ROM?

funny-gifs20.gif

How Many Occults Are You Expecting For ROM? 134 votes

0 (explain)
2%
elelunicyCupidEvie0602CrazyCatMeawn 4 votes
78%
auroraael14icmnfrshrudy8292IdontrcallneutralsideIcewolfIceyJaelias24VkittyPlayerSinger2010AlrynnBrokenChaos69IrdiwenAnmirlaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010Jprp83luthienrisingsimfriend1968Vulori 105 votes
14%
mock68Sonia016AngelluluadduapinaSayoLoireSnaveXsBrinnKeyenpeydeeSimTrippySimfamousVivi_WillowTreeAllinsimstimeLMcGEVanPelt81Lady_BalloraWispyeVamprisRhiannon1307Maodifox_corpse 20 votes
2%
KirbycatHeyItsKoffeePrink34320V2 3 votes
0%
Simlie20 1 vote
5+ (specify)
0%
Trimoth 1 vote

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I've always seen Vampires as a precedent for one-occult-max-per-pack for Sims 4, especially since it was well received.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited August 2019
    One (witches), maybe two (fairies). As much as I want werewolves and other occult types, I'd rather them have the room to be fully fleshed out then be rushed out as part of a pack with a wider focus. I'd prefer fairies also be separate for this reason, but I can see them working here a little more than some other potential occult types.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Witches and that's it. In addition fairies would be nice, but I think just Witches.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'm so happy to see other people who want Fairies! They were my favourite Sims 3 Occult and I'd love to see a whole system for them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I'm so happy to see other people who want Fairies! They were my favourite Sims 3 Occult and I'd love to see a whole system for them.

I loved fairies too. I loved the small fairy houses we could place into our gardens too. Really cute!
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    one but also maybe zero? The portal makes me thing magic is something you learn and not a life state. Not sure how I feel about that...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited August 2019
    hoping for 1 magic user made well
    witches have been mentioned many times so probably something along those lines
    possibly fairies unless they have their own pack instead
    though I still feel they could rope many occults under 1
    ''magic user'' state if they put in spells for them and give some cas assets
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm thinking, hoping, it's one Life State with a Wide set of Breeds so we can all make the Kind of Witch, Wizard, Druid, Sorcerer Magical Life State we want.

Like Cats and Dogs, How we can rename breeds and make it our own custom breed of animal.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    I am expecting a lot, I 'd love to see witches, fairies, werewolves and maybe ogres. I'd love to see pet dragons! Can you imagine training a dragon or becoming a fairy! Maybe I am asking too much for just a GP but that's what I want. At least 3 or 4 supernaturals
    giphy.gif
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I'm hopeful for 2, witches and fairies, however itll probably just be witches. Which is also great! I cant wait for them. I just hope fairies come soon as well in some pack, I really miss them too.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I would prefer for magic to be learnable and not a lifestate, but it’ll probably be a lifestate.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Wild speculation, just to get the weirdest (and almost certainly wrong) theory out there before the trailer drops: there will be one new lifestate and it won't be witches.

Magic will be added to the game in a variety of forms as gameplay-locked skills and bonus traits. (Some of these traits, like the Sickness Resistance trait from the Doctor career, are potentially inheritable - still allowing for magical children and magical geneology). Being gameplay-unlocked means not everyone random NPC will be doing it - it will still be special and unique to your sim. The variety of skills/skill trees/customization can allow you to create a "witch" (or magic user of your choosing) through a whole lot of customization of your sim's magic. But there will be no new lifestate called "witch".

But, knowing players love their occult sims, they will still add a new occult. Maybe fairies, or elves, or something entirely new. So that there is still a new lifestate available in the game.

(And a lot of players will riot because "what do you mean no witches").

I don't expect this to happen (because they would anticipate the aforementioned rioting), but I wanted to get it out there because if I'm right that's like calling the horse with the worst odds and winning, and sometimes it's fun to play those odds.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited August 2019
    It's most likely going to be one, but they might throw in something else. The witches might be as detailed as vampires while the other one (could be fairies or something else) won't have depth equivalent to Vampires mind you, perhaps just alien level.
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    But, knowing players love their occult sims, they will still add a new occult. Maybe fairies, or elves, or something entirely new. So that there is still a new lifestate available in the game.
    Elves seem extremely likely if they throw in another lifestate in a fantasy pack, they would just be sims with pointy ears and perhaps some abilities.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm only really expecting 1 - witches - but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw one other one (and I think that would be werewolves rather than fairies even though I'd vastly prefer fairies because I always liked those), given certain things the gurus have said. So I'm going to bet on 2 😄
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Witches. They already shut down werwolves and any other lifestate would just be worthless next to witches in this pack
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Witches! They made a game pack just for Vampires, and now this is a game pack so I am hoping it is just witches so that in the future if they add others, like werewolves that many want, they can make a game pack for it to focus solely on each one at a time, hoping this helps with all they can do with them. I can't wait to find out what they show for Realm of Magick
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I am going to go out on a limb and say there may be two - witches and werewolves. I think it's possible there may be fairies but not as something you can become/play but rather as either another type of wildlife in the realm or a pet you can keep. This is how they are in Freeplay, they grow from a flower. In the same manner, you can have pet baby dragons on FP that hatch from an egg. Perhaps something like that could be part of it too.

I think I have hyped myself too much looking forward to this pack since it was announced in June and I am going to be disappointed. I didn't think I would want Moschino and then when I saw the photography parts and the BB I liked it - low expectations led to a better experience.

We will see a little more from the trailer this evening and then Ninja may well leak something as he has in the past.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Going from the direction they took with Vampires, I'd say just witches. So long as they focus on really putting thought and detail into a single lifestate, that's absolutely fine by me. Plus at least if there's only one life state then that means we might have more occult packs too look forward to in the future.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I expect one occult, and based on Lyndsay's wording before announcing the pack at EA Play (as well as, you know, the whole magic thing), I think it's going to be witches. If there's yet another, I imagine zombies - not like in TS2, more like an evil witch's semi-playable thralls or something like that.

It would surprise me a lot if there was more than that. If they can pull off two or more playable occults + whatever magic system there will be + a new world + possibly new traits, skills, aspirations and careers all in one GP, hats off! But I'm afraid not even an EP (by TS4's standards, anyway) would be big enough to contain everything I want from a proper magic pack, so I hope (and think) they will focus their efforts on making one occult as detailed as possible while also delivering everything else a GP should contain (CAS and BB items, etc.).

If we get witches, werewolves, fairies and whatnot in a single GP, they will most likely be half-baked, and then that's it - no improvements to be expected in the future. But if we get one fully fleshed out occult for now, fully fleshed out versions of others may still follow in the future, and I'd say that's a better deal in the long run. We'll see in less than 12 hours - I'm excited and afraid at the same time!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    witches/warlocks, as others mentioned before I'd rather they focus on one occult and do it really well, like the vampires, than make more and half a-- them.
    But I am hoping we'll get some magical creatures too, even if just as collectibles like frogs and critters are...maybe collect fairies in pretty cages or something like that or even just as decoration, I would love some magical pets that don't rely on CD like owls, ravens, toads too.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I expect one occult, and based on Lyndsay's wording before announcing the pack at EA Play (as well as, you know, the whole magic thing), I think it's going to be witches. If there's yet another, I imagine zombies - not like in TS2, more like an evil witch's semi-playable thralls or something like that.

I'm thinking something like this too. If there were to be a second life state, I'd imagine it to be an NPC that a witch could summon or something. I'm kind of expecting them to find a way to relate some kind of zombie to playable witches in this pack. I do like this idea though! I'll be very happy if a witch could summon or control other life states.

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Expecting witches, keeping tentative hope that there will be more. (not werewolves though, I want those to get their own pack like Vampires)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I would prefer for magic to be learnable and not a lifestate, but it’ll probably be a lifestate.

Same here. It would be good if there were a trait that made a Sim a magic-user - that would allow us to create generations of witches (giving each child the trait - or not). However, I'd like to see toddlers with some magical abilities. (I know that's very unlikely, given that they haven't been special for other lifestates. But still. Always wanting more for my little ones.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    0 (explain)
    I see no reason to expect any until there's some sort of indication that there would be one. I think the community is getting a bit ahead of themselves on this one (but that's nothing new, to be fair :p )
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I see no reason to expect any until there's some sort of indication that there would be one. I think the community is getting a bit ahead of themselves on this one (but that's nothing new, to be fair :p )

Well the way they presented it during E3 did very strongly - and I think quite purposefully - allude to witches (deliberately dropping words like spell and conjure) so I'm not sure why you'd say that as if it was illogical for people to assume there will be witches - sure, magic could absolutely be a skill, but this thread is just about what people are guessing to be in there. No harm in that, eh.