September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.
September 13 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!

Realm of Magic info coming Tuesday 8/20

Comments

  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 2,881 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    @LiELF wrote: »
    I'm so ready for this pack! Give it here, Malfoy!

    Mee Too! Supernatural Players rejoice! Two Occults in One Year!

    I Know, right? Plus StrangerVille!

    I can't wait to see more info!

  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 3,684 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    @LiELF wrote: »
    I'm so ready for this pack! Give it here, Malfoy!

    Mee Too! Supernatural Players rejoice! Two Occults in One Year!

    I Know, right? Plus StrangerVille!

    I can't wait to see more info!

    Posesion is not a life state
    Is more lihe TS3 zombies
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,411 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    @LiELF wrote: »
    I'm so ready for this pack! Give it here, Malfoy!

    Mee Too! Supernatural Players rejoice! Two Occults in One Year!

    Two? Or right mermaids, I already forgot about them B)

    Mermaids are part of an EP
    Realm of Magic is a GP

    yes.
    Realm of Magic:

    My Mood:

    tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 6,237 Member
    not a big fan of super natural life states i am mostly buying the pack for the buy mode content i have no plans on playing the life state itself
    http://friendlysimmers.forumotion.ca/

    http://delightfulsims.net/index.php

    Please note that forums are in maitnance mode



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 2,881 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    @LiELF wrote: »
    I'm so ready for this pack! Give it here, Malfoy!

    Mee Too! Supernatural Players rejoice! Two Occults in One Year!

    I Know, right? Plus StrangerVille!

    I can't wait to see more info!

    Posesion is not a life state
    Is more lihe TS3 zombies

    Oh, I wasn't trying to say that it was a life state, just that it's more non-realistic, weird gameplay that I like. So essentially, this has been a good content year for me. 😁
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 151 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I don't know how to feel. It Looks promising, but Deceiving at the same time. This Portal is giving me Once Upon a Time Vibes. I wonder... but it was a door, not a Archway... And then there's the Looking Glass with all 12 astrological symbols around it... but those aren't zodiac signs those are ancient symbols, but Those almost look Like The Symbols of Jupiter Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto meshed together.

    Looks Nordic tho too. Thought they could be runic symbols to open or activate the portal

    I thought the same thing about the glyphs. Maybe we're also getting a magic lore addition? They would need more Simlish sounding names but it could be kind of like the Elementals (but much much better)

    I'm cautiously optimistic. The last few DLC pieces have been pretty lackluster but there hasn't been a game pack I've outright hated so...we'll see!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,411 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I don't know how to feel. It Looks promising, but Deceiving at the same time. This Portal is giving me Once Upon a Time Vibes. I wonder... but it was a door, not a Archway... And then there's the Looking Glass with all 12 astrological symbols around it... but those aren't zodiac signs those are ancient symbols, but Those almost look Like The Symbols of Jupiter Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto meshed together.

    Looks Nordic tho too. Thought they could be runic symbols to open or activate the portal

    I thought the same thing about the glyphs. Maybe we're also getting a magic lore addition? They would need more Simlish sounding names but it could be kind of like the Elementals (but much much better)

    I'm cautiously optimistic. The last few DLC pieces have been pretty lackluster but there hasn't been a game pack I've outright hated so...we'll see!

    Ugh I totally forgot to take in the account of the simlish language, I forgot it was a thing, I'm over here Looking at High Elf Runes, and seeing what Matches haha!
    Realm of Magic:

    My Mood:

    tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 3,549 Member
    edited August 20
    Oh, it looks like that arch from Harry Potter. Hopefully sims don't die when going through xD
    Don't remind me of poor Sirius! I am totally not crying right now!
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    s8EMvHa.png
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 214 Member
    I'm excited :) will watch after work :D :D

  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 3,699 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    mika wrote: »

    I think ... and I could be wrong (I often am) ... maybe it's a smallish world with 5 or so lots, but the portal is located there. And the portal leads to that "something extra special" which is an area like Magic Town in Sims 1?

    That would be fun. Of course, I'd like a larger world, but I could take a smaller one with a lot of atmosphere and then a portal to the magical realm.

    That's kind of how I was reading it too.
    i4k906.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,411 Member
    edited August 20
    It's just those Symbols could vary in meaning, Cause they overlap and it's hard to make out what part of the symbol belongs to what.

    Basically What I'm getting is Emotions, the elements The Sun/happiness, strength Protection, and guidance will open the gate to travel to the Realm of Magic. I feel is somewhere in the meaning of those runes. classic mumbo jumbo.
    Realm of Magic:

    My Mood:

    tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 151 Member
    Oh, it looks like that arch from Harry Potter. Hopefully sims don't die when going through xD
    Don't remind me of poor Sirius! I am totally not cry my right now!

    oh man new death type? >:)

    Only the sims could get me this hype about a portal lol
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 151 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I don't know how to feel. It Looks promising, but Deceiving at the same time. This Portal is giving me Once Upon a Time Vibes. I wonder... but it was a door, not a Archway... And then there's the Looking Glass with all 12 astrological symbols around it... but those aren't zodiac signs those are ancient symbols, but Those almost look Like The Symbols of Jupiter Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto meshed together.

    Looks Nordic tho too. Thought they could be runic symbols to open or activate the portal

    I thought the same thing about the glyphs. Maybe we're also getting a magic lore addition? They would need more Simlish sounding names but it could be kind of like the Elementals (but much much better)

    I'm cautiously optimistic. The last few DLC pieces have been pretty lackluster but there hasn't been a game pack I've outright hated so...we'll see!

    Ugh I totally forgot to take in the account of the simlish language, I forgot it was a thing, I'm over here Looking at High Elf Runes, and seeing what Matches haha!

    It could still be like that! Just simified. IDK the fact that there is that level of detail on one of the object makes me excited. I can't believe I have to work tomorrow when the trailer drops.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 311 Member
    They've hinted that Realm of Magic is coming late summer not early fall. Yay! Also, it will be for all four seasons. Hopefully the Occult Lifestates will be: Summer=Genies, Fall=Mystics, Winter=Snow Queen & Spring=Pixie Fairies.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,694 Member
    I know a lot of people disagree with this but I'm hoping this pack isn't limited to witches. I want fairies as well. Fairies were fun to play in TS3.

  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 84,694 Member
    not a big fan of super natural life states i am mostly buying the pack for the buy mode content i have no plans on playing the life state itself

    I'm sure there will be other fun stuff in this pack not related to Magic.

  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 288 Member
    Anyone else think the pillars behind the sim drinking the potion look kinda similar to stuff from wizard of oz? So with the portal could it be an actual magic realm?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 3,680 Member
    mika wrote: »

    Please let the extra special thing be changing environment effects depending on the visiting sim's alignment! Or maybe the wizard world starts at neutral and changes for the better or worse depending on our sims' actions. I never played Sims 3 into the Future, but Strangerville sold me on the concept and I also liked it in Island living (had wanted more of it, actually).

    But that wouldn't fit 'something we've never had before in a Sims game,' unfortunately.
  • Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 39 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Well...it better not be a rabbit hole.

    To be honest it would almost be hilarious if it is. Sim steps in the portal aaaand... Notification in the upper right.

    Idk why but this post is so funny to me! :D You can feel your excitement level rise, chills running through your spine, you lick your lips from the enthusiasm, you click the portal and click the option Enter with..., you click your sim, you slowly inch toward the screen, your sim is walking SO SLOW HURRY UP FOR GOD'S SAKE, you inch closer and closer to the screen, your sim enters aaannnd...you wait for one of those boring screen loads but nothing happens. You wait and wait until a dreaded blue notification pops up saying "[Sim name] has encountered a witch who cursed him", you are confused when your sim comes back with a new buff saying "Ha! You thought you were getting a magic realm eh? Well you just got trolled" Buff gotten from entering the "portal" Moment laters you rage quit the game, and report EA for "fraud and theft"
    giphy.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,411 Member
    Simlie20 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Well...it better not be a rabbit hole.

    To be honest it would almost be hilarious if it is. Sim steps in the portal aaaand... Notification in the upper right.

    Idk why but this post is so funny to me! :D You can feel your excitement level rise, chills running through your spine, you lick your lips from the enthusiasm, you click the portal and click the option Enter with..., you click your sim, you slowly inch toward the screen, your sim is walking SO SLOW HURRY UP FOR GOD'S SAKE, you inch closer and closer to the screen, your sim enters aaannnd...you wait for one of those boring screen loads but nothing happens. You wait and wait until a dreaded blue notification pops up saying "[Sim name] has encountered a witch who cursed him", you are confused when your sim comes back with a new buff saying "Ha! You thought you were getting a magic realm eh? Well you just got trolled" Buff gotten from entering the "portal" Moment laters you rage quit the game, and report EA for "fraud and theft"

    Perfect example:
    Realm of Magic:

    My Mood:

    tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 398 Member
    mika wrote: »

    I don't mind, actually I expected it to be about FH size since that one was also from a occult GP and "something special" ooooooh!

    ...Take The Bunny And Run...
  • SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,486 Member
    This reminds me a Stargate with similar symbols :D

    The same portal system we have already in Jungle Adventures, where you can travel with those portals within the same world from one disconnected part to another. Nothing new here from that point. It already exists in the game, unless there is something more to it.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 1,827 Member
    @Simsprocfun I believe that portal is a gate to the Realm of Magic. A very new world.
    565373_e9cb6146983e475e8583c15aa801e540~mv2.jpg
  • zokliozoklio Posts: 38 Member
    Okay these infos had me hype and I can't wait to buy it already XD
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,629 Member
    I'd love wizards and warlocks and mage wars. Equal opportunities for witches and wizards! It would be so unlike our everyday life we wouldn't worry about it! Terry Pratchett had them years before Harry Potter.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top