November 15 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here

What do you think is the "surprise" in the world of ROM is?

Comments

  • Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 57 Member
    "something we have never seen before in a Sims game," that's a big promise. Magic Town in The Sims was the best--loved the Harry Potter world vibe and wouldn't mind a version of that. I've played all four PC versions, so I am really trying to give a strong guess for how magic and supernatural will be incorporated this time around...but I'm stumped! I do like what aurora333 suggested: a mirror-image of the normal world but it's magic.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 20
    For some reason, my mind instantly jumps to dragons, probably some flying through the sky in the distance for character and maybe one large dragon you can interact with (think the Mother plant, only a dragon) hidden on a secret lot in the world (or just in one of its neighborhoods / areas). I imagine you'd be able to befriend this dragon and maybe ask it to impart some manner of wisdom or riches upon your sim, with success depending on relationship strength and (like everything else) your sim's mood, with perhaps a pinch of random chance.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,501 Member
    edited August 20
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I feel like it might be related to this the place looks sort of ''out of the world''
    maybe the portal leads to some weird dimension??
    Preview-Image-1-300x225.jpg

    Plot twist:
    It leads to Katy Perry's Sweet Treats trap and that is why the sim looks so troubled
    you must fight evil Katy Perry witch to get back to your world

    You brought this on yourself.
    ddeg0dp-8467e4c6-aaa7-46c9-94e7-ab3bdb37da89.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk3OWQ4M2UyLWFiZGEtNDRkZS1hY2UyLWQ5NmM5MWY2MGViN1wvZGRlZzBkcC04NDY3ZTRjNi1hYWE3LTQ2YzktOTRlNy1hYjNiZGIzN2RhODkucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.AAsneWOJUyKfFvNAizYCCFX1kchUs-K25zRjZK6cw7Y
    I'm not sorry
    Realm of Magic:

    My Mood:

    tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 4,236 Member
    I hope it's a giant castle (Hogwarts style) but I doubt it.
    Like supernatural stories? Like drama? Like SimLits? Check out my blog here!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 590 Member
    I hope there's a hidden world where the sims can live there with no cellphone & no city festivals. An Enchanted Forest.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 157 Member
    aurora333 wrote: »
    Maybe the world will look normal to non magic folk, but people who have magic will go though the portal and it will be the same town but it will like a mirrored world filled with magic.

    man, look at your first comment on the forums being some of the freaking coolest thoughts anyone has ever had about the game. Good job!
    6MHlTGt.png

    This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 590 Member
    I still want Enchanted Forest in this gameplay.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 556 Member
    edited August 20
    WaitWhatYT wrote: »
    For some reason, my mind instantly jumps to dragons, probably some flying through the sky in the distance for character and maybe one large dragon you can interact with (think the Mother plant, only a dragon) hidden on a secret lot in the world (or just in one of its neighborhoods / areas). I imagine you'd be able to befriend this dragon and maybe ask it to impart some manner of wisdom or riches upon your sim, with success depending on relationship strength and (like everything else) your sim's mood, with perhaps a pinch of random chance.
    I had a similar idea with the giant dragon. Only you had the ability to steal a dragon egg you could had hatch for a pet they stays with you for generations due to it's insane lifespan. Also if there is dragons there should be a death related to it, perhaps a dragon accidentally landing on a sim (like the satellite death in sims 2) or one swooping down and grabbing one, both terrifying and perhaps rage inducing.
    I'm still stuck on the stray "gods" thought I had earlier when looking at the portal.

    They've not been in the games before and it would be fun to have "regular" magic but also God-like magic where Sims could become extra powered-up with magic and, say, throw lightning at neighborhoods or whatever other stuff that affects the worlds on a bigger scale.
    Ability to smite whoever I want? Sign me the plum up
    "Honey that annoying vacuum salesman is back BOOM Thank you dear"
    ŞŴ€€Ŧ ΜØŦĦ€Ř, ŞŴ€€Ŧ ΜØŦĦ€Ř, Ş€ŇĐ ¥ØỮŘ ĆĦƗŁĐ ỮŇŦØ Μ€, ₣ØŘ ŦĦ€ ŞƗŇŞ Ø₣ ŦĦ€ ỮŇŴØŘŦĦ¥ ΜỮŞŦ β€ βΔƤŦƗŽ€Đ ƗŇ ƤŁΔŞΜΔ ΔŇĐ ₣€ΔŘ.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 1,094 Member
    edited August 20
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I feel like it might be related to this the place looks sort of ''out of the world''
    maybe the portal leads to some weird dimension??
    Preview-Image-1-300x225.jpg

    Plot twist:
    It leads to Katy Perry's Sweet Treats trap and that is why the sim looks so troubled
    you must fight evil Katy Perry witch to get back to your world

    You brought this on yourself.
    ddeg0dp-8467e4c6-aaa7-46c9-94e7-ab3bdb37da89.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk3OWQ4M2UyLWFiZGEtNDRkZS1hY2UyLWQ5NmM5MWY2MGViN1wvZGRlZzBkcC04NDY3ZTRjNi1hYWE3LTQ2YzktOTRlNy1hYjNiZGIzN2RhODkucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.AAsneWOJUyKfFvNAizYCCFX1kchUs-K25zRjZK6cw7Y
    I'm not sorry

    I like how even the colors match :joy:
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 769 Member
    Maybe its kinda like Sixam but for Witches, can't wait to find out!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,573 Member
    aurora333 wrote: »
    Maybe the world will look normal to non magic folk, but people who have magic will go though the portal and it will be the same town but it will like a mirrored world filled with magic.

    I'm in love with this idea.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 5,743 Member
    edited August 20
    I'm still stuck on the stray "gods" thought I had earlier when looking at the portal.

    They've not been in the games before and it would be fun to have "regular" magic but also God-like magic where Sims could become extra powered-up with magic and, say, throw lightning at neighborhoods or whatever other stuff that affects the worlds on a bigger scale.

    Totally agree with this - the portal kind of gives me a Norse / GoW vibe 😂 but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with that because idk why they'd include Norse god stuff in a witch pack xD

    The surprise... I really don't know what they can include that wasn't in a sims game before. And if I understand it correctly it's about how the world is built sooo.....? Maybe it's a Harry Potter thing with stairs and the like moving around? Hahaha no really I have no clue whatsoever. All I know is that I could barely fall asleep from the hype and the trailer is releasing at 5 when I'll be driving to our architect so I might not see it til 7 unless I manage to be there early and quickly watch it before we go in. The hype is real. I'm sick, I'm tired, I want to sleep but tonight is the night. FINALLY!
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 215 Member
    I am also inclined to think it is a world within a world, more wonderful for magical types and either normal or scary for non-magical. I must admit to an overwhelming sense of dread that the reality will be nowhere near as great as any of our imagining.
  • darrenfroggydarrenfroggy Posts: 1,317 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I am also inclined to think it is a world within a world, more wonderful for magical types and either normal or scary for non-magical. I must admit to an overwhelming sense of dread that the reality will be nowhere near as great as any of our imagining.

    I think that the difference between reality and our imagination is a given. We can think up anything at all that sounds awesome and the implementation of it doesn't concern us.

    As much as there's a good chance that it won't be what any of us imagine, there's also the possibility that it will be something that'll leave a lot of us thinking "oh wow, that's awesome, I'd never have thought of that" :D

    Agreed though, the portal makes it definitely look like it's some sort of different world in there, whether Sixam-ish or mirror world or something completely different.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 604 Member
    I honestly don't know what to expect! I'm loving the multicolour and slightly psychedelic vibes the leaked thumbnail gives us. I'm personally hoping we get some sort of creepy, dark-enchanted forest either as a regular world or secret one. I'm dying to find out more about this one!
    eJRCXJ8.jpg
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 439 Member
    A cool concept would be that the new world is normal like the other words, and then when you step through the portal you travel to the same world but this version is magic. Kind of like Harry Potter style. I think that would be really cool, so for those who play a more realistic gameplay will still have a new world without magic to play in. ?? I don't think this will be it, but its still kind of a cool idea.

    awesome idea!
    building on this, maybe by going through the portal we could choose how the world would permanently look, cause if we build in the world and just have buildings matching one version they might look out of place in the other.
    ...Take The Bunny And Run...
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,640 Member
    Magic Town.
    OriginID: hestiah23 | Showcase
    jfIpSFy.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 6,289 Member
    I hope we get a magic shop and a fantasy food outlet in the magic town. And a duelling arena.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 1,094 Member
    edited August 21
    Simmingal wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I feel like it might be related to this the place looks sort of ''out of the world''
    maybe the portal leads to some weird dimension??
    Preview-Image-1-300x225.jpg

    Plot twist:
    It leads to Katy Perry's Sweet Treats trap and that is why the sim looks so troubled
    you must fight evil Katy Perry witch to get back to your world

    You brought this on yourself.
    ddeg0dp-8467e4c6-aaa7-46c9-94e7-ab3bdb37da89.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzk3OWQ4M2UyLWFiZGEtNDRkZS1hY2UyLWQ5NmM5MWY2MGViN1wvZGRlZzBkcC04NDY3ZTRjNi1hYWE3LTQ2YzktOTRlNy1hYjNiZGIzN2RhODkucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.AAsneWOJUyKfFvNAizYCCFX1kchUs-K25zRjZK6cw7Y
    I'm not sorry

    I like how even the colors match :joy:
    OH IT DID NOT LEAD TO KATY PERRY LAND
    its magical urbz town which pleases me much more
    KwXemlH.jpg
    CTg5J07.jpg

    is it just me hearing the urbz music in my head
    latest?cb=20190518071921

  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,592 Member
    @smurfy77 wrote: »
    Maybe its kinda like Sixam but for Witches, can't wait to find out!

    You were right on! Haha
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,780 Member
    Lots of choices for "familiars" dragons, pig bats, your own pets, and you can have more than one. Plus.......

  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 31,032 Member
    edited August 21
    Peapond69 wrote: »
    "something we have never seen before in a Sims game," that's a big promise. Magic Town in The Sims was the best--loved the Harry Potter world vibe and wouldn't mind a version of that. I've played all four PC versions, so I am really trying to give a strong guess for how magic and supernatural will be incorporated this time around...but I'm stumped! I do like what aurora333 suggested: a mirror-image of the normal world but it's magic.

    I can't fathom what he means, either. It will have to be pretty spectactular when I think about Makin' Magic's worlds, and something we have never seen in a Sim game....so, it's not open world, it's not Magic Town, it's not a hidden lots like in TS2, so, it has to be better than any of that.....to make such a claim. It won't be Simport..we saw Simport in TS3 and he says it's like Forgotten Hollow...ok, small, only vamps live there....so it's small and only magic Sims live there? He compared it to FH so that's all I can think of concerning FH...other than a lot trait that attracted more vamps to it...so small, only magic Sims and a new lot trait (if I go by his comparision to think of it like FH) and something we have never seen before in Any Sim game? lol I sort of doubt it at this point but curious to find out.

    ETA: Made these comments at the time while someone else was posting Romeo's comments: ok revise, it is a tiny world and sounds like we don't get all the power unless we play legacy>>I don't enjoy legacy play like others so I would soon get bored with trying to get the powers and I'm not a fan of hidden worlds where my other Sims can't visit, I hope it's not like that but he says it is in his tweet.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958714/cinebar-custom-content-clothes-updating-links/p1


  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,606 Member
    edited August 21
    A cool concept would be that the new world is normal like the other words, and then when you step through the portal you travel to the same world but this version is magic. Kind of like Harry Potter style. I think that would be really cool, so for those who play a more realistic gameplay will still have a new world without magic to play in. ?? I don't think this will be it, but its still kind of a cool idea.
    aurora333 wrote: »
    Maybe the world will look normal to non magic folk, but people who have magic will go though the portal and it will be the same town but it will like a mirrored world filled with magic.
    I’d love that, but how would that be possible if you visit the world with a normal sim and an occult one? Could they do that? (the way the IF in Sims 3 changes from visible to invisible when you turn to a different sim) Could they do that with an entire world?
  • aurora333aurora333 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Ivyeyed said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > man, look at your first comment on the forums being some of the freaking coolest thoughts anyone has ever had about the game. Good job!

    Why thank you! *blushing*
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 157 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    A cool concept would be that the new world is normal like the other words, and then when you step through the portal you travel to the same world but this version is magic. Kind of like Harry Potter style. I think that would be really cool, so for those who play a more realistic gameplay will still have a new world without magic to play in. ?? I don't think this will be it, but its still kind of a cool idea.
    aurora333 wrote: »
    Maybe the world will look normal to non magic folk, but people who have magic will go though the portal and it will be the same town but it will like a mirrored world filled with magic.
    I’d love that, but how would that be possible if you visit the world with a normal sim and an occult one? Could they do that? (the way the IF in Sims 3 changes from visible to invisible when you turn to a different sim) Could they do that with an entire world?

    I mean, they aren't going to in this pack, but I don't see why not in another pack down the road (fairies with fairy sight or any other kind of scifi/fantasy justification - or even just Kids World that only kids can see or whatever). The mechanic already exists, and not just with IF in TS3. If you have Toddler Stuff in TS4, the toddlers can see a whole lot of make believe stuff around the playsets when the toddlers play make believe that other sims cannot see. If a parent is playing with them, they'll see some of it, but not all. While most sims don't see anything but a kid playing. I don't see why you couldn't add similar overlays that are sim-specific to more existing things in the game.

    If anything, it provides an excuse to release a pack with fewer new things using the (somewhat valid, as it would be a lot of work) reasoning that you don't NEED new things (or even a new hypothetical DLC world), as all the old things are re-invented with this new pack. And since it would involve taking a look at old objects to program in all the requisite new actions and sim-specific overlays, it could also prompt just a whole lot of nice quality-of-life updates and new swatches for existing objects that would come in a free patch. Like, since we're opening those files anyway, might as well make a few quick fixes.

    Not that I think this is LIKELY to happen. I just don't see any particular technical barrier preventing it. It would be down to whether they had good enough ideas and thought it was cost-effective and could sell.
    6MHlTGt.png

    This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top