Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think is the "surprise" in the world of ROM is?

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    A place to find and hatch dragon eggs.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I was thinking it was a portal to a hidden world, but we've seen that before, so now I'm not so sure. Could the hidden world be livable? I don't think we've had that before, but that could make returning home a bit tricky too.

Honestly I'm not sure what to think, but now I'm even more excited to see the trailer tomorrow!
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Magical creatures roaming the world, maybe. Could be one creature that's really detailed (probably a dragon?) or several things that are not as detailed
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    What I personally think is that its some sort of validation test. You drink the potion to see if your worthy and if your worthy you get powers and if not, idk
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'm still stuck on the stray "gods" thought I had earlier when looking at the portal.

They've not been in the games before and it would be fun to have "regular" magic but also God-like magic where Sims could become extra powered-up with magic and, say, throw lightning at neighborhoods or whatever other stuff that affects the worlds on a bigger scale.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    I hope it's something like Magic Town. A world within a world would definitely be something different.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    I'm still stuck on the stray "gods" thought I had earlier when looking at the portal.

They've not been in the games before and it would be fun to have "regular" magic but also God-like magic where Sims could become extra powered-up with magic and, say, throw lightning at neighborhoods or whatever other stuff that affects the worlds on a bigger scale.

That would honestly be insane and I would die of excitement.
    Anmirla wrote: »
    I hope it's something like Magic Town. A world within a world would definitely be something different.

If it is Magic Town, I would be excited since I never played in it.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »

If it is Magic Town, I would be excited since I never played in it.

The atmosphere was great - sorta like a haunted carnival with the option to live there by buying houses with a combination of simoleons and magic coins.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Probably Mrs Crumplebottom as the resident witch.😆🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️👵
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Magical town only visible to magic users à la 12 Grimmauld Place.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    kinda looks like there's a throne room in the leaked pics so i wonder if thats in the surprise
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    So the world is gonna be small, probably 5-6 lots. Yaay...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    So the world is gonna be small, probably 5-6 lots. Yaay...

not surprised, its a gamepack. they're not known for large worlds, strangerville was the odd one out in that regard.
  • SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    A cool concept would be that the new world is normal like the other words, and then when you step through the portal you travel to the same world but this version is magic. Kind of like Harry Potter style. I think that would be really cool, so for those who play a more realistic gameplay will still have a new world without magic to play in. ?? I don't think this will be it, but its still kind of a cool idea.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited August 2019
    I feel like it might be related to this the place looks sort of ''out of the world''
    maybe the portal leads to some weird dimension??
    Preview-Image-1-300x225.jpg

Plot twist:
    It leads to Katy Perry's Sweet Treats trap and that is why the sim looks so troubled
    you must fight evil Katy Perry witch to get back to your world
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Magical town only visible to magic users à la 12 Grimmauld Place.

MOM, Leaky Cauldron, St.Mungo's, Hogwarts. Diagonal Alley
    6adMCGP.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Pheonix ?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited August 2019
    Magic Town would be great, but they did state that it's something they've never done in a Sims game before. that's never been seen before in a Sims game. So, I've got absolutely nothing on what it could be. D;
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    I think we'll be able to access the new world as usual but somewhere in this world we'll find the portal and that will teleport us to an alternate version of the new world.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wonder... if the portals will take you to different "Realms"? I think it would be awesome, if each time you entered the portal, the world would change to a different realm. That is something never seen before in Sims. Probably (most likely) not what it is though.

However, I really hope that they didn't spend a lot of resources on this world+ surprise... and then game-play for witches is lacking. :( Though, they did not disappoint with Vampires, I'm just worried, because the bar is definitely high because of how great Vampires are. (and Sulani... gorgeous... it changes with decisions you make.. and game-play.. kind of a bit.. lack-luster), just don't want that to happen with this game-pack. :( But! I'll try to wait and see before I get too bummed out. I'm excited for the trailer tomorrow! :)
  • aurora333aurora333 Posts: 13 New Member
    Maybe the world will look normal to non magic folk, but people who have magic will go though the portal and it will be the same town but it will like a mirrored world filled with magic.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    aurora333 wrote: »
    Maybe the world will look normal to non magic folk, but people who have magic will go though the portal and it will be the same town but it will like a mirrored world filled with magic.

Honestly, I hope it's this! Best of both worlds. I really don't want wacky witches running around in my normal gameplay.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Maybe there's an area for flying on brooms or dragons.
    #Team Occult
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    aurora333 wrote: »

that's a cool idea! they already kind of have that mechanic with the toddlers and the jungle gym/the kids with the voidcritters.

I'm trying to keep my expectations low but I'm so pumped now.