Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AL MEDINA, MOROCCO-- IP Resort Finished!!! Download link included on 1st pg

1747576777880...Next

Comments

• stefanisticstefanistic Posts: 46 Member
    Such a beautiful and detailed world you've created! It truly captures the atmosphere of Morocco. I'm downloading this right now. Thank you and please keep up the great work :)
  • VintageN00bVintageN00b Posts: 1 New Member
    I know this is REALLY resurrecting this thread, but I just downloaded this world and noticed that the entire end of one of the residential streets (near the american bar) is unroutable for sims. None of families can leave their houses, although guests can sometimes enter through weird pathfinding through basements and walls. They can't get back out though- they get stuck right along the seam between the property line and the road. I skimmed the comments here, but since there are 80 pages I might have missed if this has been addressed. I've never used the create-a-world editor, but is that something I should look into barring an update from a 5 year old world? Or is there another work around? This would be a massive source of lag even if I didn't want to play any of these families.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @VintageN00b Try messaging @Zach_Bundy directly. Nothing like going straight to the source. I've yet to get around to trying the town after bookmarking it a while back. So, it is certainly information I would find useful.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    http://ts3tutorials.forumotion.com/t65-getting-a-downloaded-world-in-caw

Then you fix the routing yourself.

Or it might just be a problem with the lots. Try different things. Make sure there are no fences/plants blocking walkways, etc. Make sure there is enough room going around the lots. I had this happen with lots too close together (only 1 square between lots) and there was a small pond on a corner that sims would get stuck on. Also try the doors and any stairs - sometimes just picking them up and replacing them works.

You could also try changing the "front" of the lot - http://modthesims.info/t/469059
    It's true about re-assigning the front of the lot. Although I've never seen an explanation of why. Or why, for that matter, the option exists.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    It's true about re-assigning the front of the lot. Although I've never seen an explanation of why. Or why, for that matter, the option exists.

I suppose sometimes sims insist on using any other door except the front door. I've had that happen on a little strip mall lot...they would always go around the back of the building to enter - I mean...when shopping you go through the front door, right? Once I reset the front of the lot they used it correctly.
    @KatyFernlily Thank you for that info. I'm a builder, so now I know how that may be helpful for something other than tweaking stairs during a build.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    I know this is REALLY resurrecting this thread, but I just downloaded this world and noticed that the entire end of one of the residential streets (near the american bar) is unroutable for sims. None of families can leave their houses, although guests can sometimes enter through weird pathfinding through basements and walls. They can't get back out though- they get stuck right along the seam between the property line and the road. I skimmed the comments here, but since there are 80 pages I might have missed if this has been addressed. I've never used the create-a-world editor, but is that something I should look into barring an update from a 5 year old world? Or is there another work around? This would be a massive source of lag even if I didn't want to play any of these families.

Hi there! It's been a super long time since I've been on this forum, but I hope you've been able to find a solution by now! I remember that one of my "lessons-learned' from Al Medina regarding routing was that spiral staircases were super problematic when it came to routing. On top of that, EA's updates consistently caused new routing issues long after the world was uploaded to the exchange. If it becomes a huge issue (with the routing issues slowing down your game) then I would just delete the lot. Sorry that doesn't help much!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top