Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Killing Sims

13...Next

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I kill Sims to Satisfy a Story.

I have every Character's death planned out. long before they were born.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    After a while, I have too many related sims. So I have to create some kind of disaster to get rid of some of them.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    I can't really say whether or not I enjoy killing sims, because I only do it when it needs to happen for my story (for example, the sim in my avatar had a really tragic childhood that I'm currently playing out, that needs a lot of death).
    funny-gifs20.gif

• secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    I let them kill themselves, depending on what the purpose of the build is I like the idea of letting the AI do it's thing whilst I just watch.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I do not like to kill my Sims, and I have never done it. I did try once (The Sims One), locking a Sim in a room without any door, but it was way to gruesome and my guilt for a cartoon character caused me to release them. I feel foolish just telling this story.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I do it for stories sometimes.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • ZorxTomZorxTom Posts: 3 New Member
    Like a few others, I would only let sims die naturally or kill em for story reasons.
    If I can cry from a toddler crying, making a sim die for no real reason would make me die too. (of guilt)
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    After reading a number of posts, I have come to the conclusion that many of us get overly attached to our Sims. 😊
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I've only done it twice. Once was a random townie who I thought was super annoying and I hated her face. The second time around was for story. The Landgraab heir at the time made her 2nd husband "disappear" after absorbing his fortune and having his kid. I never really seen much need to go on a killing spree with sims. Not the ones I play certainly, but even the townies I never play would probably never feel my need for a sacrifice. Unless they were annoying and I hated their faces lol.
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Wow, I guess unpopular opinion: I love killing my sims and watching others kill theirs. But only in certain saves. In my Black Widow save, she has about 50 urns in her basement. (The ghosts... Oh the ghosts... Everything breaks) In my "Pull random sims from the gallery and watch them do crazy things together" save, I enjoy trapping and drowning the npcs just to get them out of the world. And in some of my other saves, I will kill a sim who just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off, especially since I got Get Famous, I will trap and starve sims that just walk in uninvited. On youtube, I definitely enjoy watching certain gamers make their sims absolutely miserable, but mostly for scientific purposes, like how much does it really take to kill a sim in a certain way.

Now on the other hand, I don't kill legacy sims. Once I get 6 grandparents, I put them in a retirement home together with a young adult nurse and turn auto age on and just play them until they die. Once it gets to about two days left of their lifespan, I invite their kids and grandkids over and lock them all in this giant room I call the death bed room. It only has chairs and a bed. The family is forced to talk to each other or twiddle with their phones while the grandparents pass surrounded by their loved ones. It's sweet. After all the grandparents in the retirement home die, the nurse goes around and puts the urns on the family lots and then I play each of the families and they mourn and then put the urns on a graveyard lot.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'll kill sims if the story demands it. Or the house needs room for the next generation and the sim has stopped being fun to play. It's not something I enjoy, but it's not something I specifically don't like doing either. But it is rare that I need to kill them, and most die of old age (or occasionally exposure/stupidity because they decide that going swimming during a blizzard in Brindleton Bay is the right way to deal with their hygiene need...)

I think either MCCC or UI Cheats brings up the cheat to kill a specific Sim, and you can choose the method. I've used it a few times for story purposes, mostly for elders since it takes them so long to go naturally (hello Jacques Villareal) or maybe other reasons/methods. But I don't really enjoy it -- it's a fact of Sim life, that's all.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I think it depends on which iteration of Sims too. I liked killing them in The Sims 2 cuz there's a lot of annoying NPCs in that one... LOL. But in TS4, I don't really kill townies cuz they don't really get on my nerves as much.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I can enjoy a good sim death in a story, but I do my best to avoid them during my usual family play. I prefer they die of old age.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I never understood the deal with killing sims. Most of my sims die of old age, if they die at all. I care to much about them to let them die and don't see the point of watching others do this. Only exception is the challenge in the latest guru garage.

So every time they announce 'this new pack adds a new death' I just shrug and think what else is in the pack.
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I barely kill sims in my game unless I need their death for a plot (chances are low tho). I'm always sad when a sim dies, usually of old age. It's even worse when a younger sim dies because that usually destroys my plans for them :sweat_smile:
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Sometimes I need to kill off sims to create a story I want (widowed sim looking for new love etc), but it takes so much effort in TS4 to actually kill a sim it makes me uncomfortable. The only ways I've managed are the classic pool-drowning, badly made nigiri and elderly sims jogging/woohoing themselves to death.
    I kinda wish there would be more ways to die, even accidentally. Just for the stories for my families. Not because I especially enjoy death, but it is a part of life.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I can't say that I enjoy it but many sims have died in my game. Vampires have drained lives, domestic violence has resulted in deaths, sims who have tried to leave crime families have died, overdose deaths etc.. All have been story based killings for the most part. I have to create risky gameplay in this game because there are no risks. All sims would die of old age if I didn't intervene or have a mod which is just boring...no surprises.

In Sims 2, I didn't have to do any killing because just playing was risky. A fire could take out a whole family if you didn't have an alarm...LOL I never had the need until now.
  • Vember77Vember77 Posts: 3 New Member
    If any of my sims die, it's by accident. I get rather attached to my little computer creations even though they drive me nuts. The death that normally happens is when there is a fire. Once I nearly had one of my sims freeze to death when seasons first came out but luckily I was able to save him by getting him in the house in time. Nearly had a panic attack. LMAO.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I hate it when they die. I am still traumatized by losing my first Sim to fire in Sims 2. And I was such a newbie, I didn't even realize I could just exit without saving. I managed to finally have her husband resurrect her.

Since playing the Sims 4, no one has died permanently. Although both Siobhan and Sergio died from laughing on their wedding night because I sent them to the Humor and Hijinks festival. Apparently the tea combined with joking and indulging in bubbles was a deadly combination. I had never had that happen before. Siobhan was able to successfully plead for Sergio, but he failed when it came time to plead for her. Fortunately, I just exited without saving, and when I reentered the game, I pretended it all had been Sergio's bad dream. Call it pre-wedding jitters.

I suppose I will eventually have to have someone die of old age. Perhaps I'll try the nursing home idea and just have aging on when I play that household. But I wonder if I can then get the urns back to the proper families?
  • izacrieszizacriesz Posts: 4 New Member
    I have never killed any sims in my game. And I like creating sims and families.
    There are now almost 200+ played sims in my game and I know them well... I could recognise most of them when they are walking by the street.
    Hope they could enjoy their lives ;)
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I love killing my sims but I hate them actually being dead so there's a lot of "exit without saving" going on in my game, and if I kill a sim for plot reasons, I'll probably bring them back at some point.

I'm like a generous yet volatile god who gives you a nice family and home in one timeline to make up for the fact that you were brutally killed off in like ten other timelines 👀