Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic info coming Tuesday 8/20

Comments

• IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I am super excited for this. The trailer is a lot sooner than I expected, so yay!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    So excited to see more about this pack tomorrow! I'm on holiday at the moment and internet connection is patchy at best, but hoping I can get online in the evening to find out more! The surprise in the new world sounds intriguing!!
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Yes! YES!! YAASSSSSSS!!!
    :jumps in circles excitedly:
    I cannot even, words are hard, excitement too much! LOLOLOLOL :D
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    So we're looking at planar magic. That's pretty awesome. Here's to hoping that magic is a skill and not contained within a lifestate.

I don't know, I'd kind of prefer for it to be a lifestate. In sims 3, I didn't really see the point of making my sims witches, since any sim could use magic anyway.

Only witches could use magic in The Sims 3.

nah, from what little I managed to play before it crashed, I had regular sims using the magic stuff as well

You certainly didn't have non-witches using magic without mods.
    They can use the magic "stuff" without being witches. The items from the store (cauldron, spellbook, etc.) and the elixirs from Supernatural can be used by regular sims. Casting spells with the wand (or hands if reward is purchased) cannot be done by non-witches.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Maybe @liliaeth is thinking about the Lady Ravendancer Book of Spells?

Even without Supernatural, any Sim, regardless of life state, can use magic with Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o' Spells. The Book o' Spells can be purchased from The Sims 3 Store for 500 Simpoints.
    There are 5 spells to choose from, and Teens through Elders can learn from it.
    Enchant- This spell can be used on Lady Ravendancer's Book o' Spells and other magic objects like Lord Vladimir's Magic Cauldron and Soothsayer's Crystal Ball. It makes those objects look like they are in use.
    Mood Elevatus- This spell can be used in a room with 2 or more people in it to increase their Mood.
    Summon Anamale- This spell can be used in a room with 2 or more people in it to give them the "Cursed" Moodlet which makes Sims involuntarily act in strange ways.
    Summon- This spell summons a random Sim from your town to you.
    Summon Acquainted- This spell summons someone with "friend" or higher relationship to you.
    Sims must review the spells in the Book o' Spells for them to work successfully more often. The spells lose power quickly, so Sims should review them every day. If the spell does not work correctly, the Sim or the other Sims in the room may get the "Cursed" Moodlet.
    Another store item, the Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll, can be bound to specific Sims and used for their benefit or detriment according to the player's wishes.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Well...it better not be a rabbit hole.

To be honest it would almost be hilarious if it is. Sim steps in the portal aaaand... Notification in the upper right.

I'm scared of this too...but otherwise I am excited..I just hope it isn't.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    mika wrote: »

Uh oh...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Some of these things the Gurus are posting and the speculation here is putting me off from buying it at all and I've bought everything else.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member

Please let the extra special thing be changing environment effects depending on the visiting sim's alignment! Or maybe the wizard world starts at neutral and changes for the better or worse depending on our sims' actions. I never played Sims 3 into the Future, but Strangerville sold me on the concept and I also liked it in Island living (had wanted more of it, actually).
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I agree it should only focus on witches as a life state, however, Zombies have been tied to witches in every single sims game, so I expect to be able to raise sims as zombies. A lot of people had frustrations with how they were implemented in sims 3, so I say make them more like sims 2. You will never see a zombie unless you go out of your way to create one.

Zombies don't even require a lot of work so they wouldn't take away from witches. All you would need to do is stop them from aging, greenish blue skin tone, slow zombie walk and remove their emotions and personality.

Basically sims 2 zombies but make it so you can cure them without mods.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I really don't want zombies. I couldn't stand them in Sims 3.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Guys, I'm scared. I haven't been this hyped since Persona 5 Royal got announced. I am worried I may explode.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i think we should think only about witches...with them says it was equivalent to Forgotten Hollow + something extra special. i think it is just the town and magic....i don't see anything more coming with it...it's only a game pack..

I think ... and I could be wrong (I often am) ... maybe it's a smallish world with 5 or so lots, but the portal is located there. And the portal leads to that "something extra special" which is an area like Magic Town in Sims 1?

That would be fun. Of course, I'd like a larger world, but I could take a smaller one with a lot of atmosphere and then a portal to the magical realm.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »

I think ... and I could be wrong (I often am) ... maybe it's a smallish world with 5 or so lots, but the portal is located there. And the portal leads to that "something extra special" which is an area like Magic Town in Sims 1?

That would be fun. Of course, I'd like a larger world, but I could take a smaller one with a lot of atmosphere and then a portal to the magical realm.

I, for one, am hoping for more Makin' Magic, and less in the way of the sequels.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    @LiELF wrote: »
    I'm so ready for this pack! Give it here, Malfoy!

Mee Too! Supernatural Players rejoice! Two Occults in One Year!
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

Plant some peashooters
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

That's why I said they should be like sims 2. They wouldn't appear unless you went out of your way to create them. They also don't attack plants and behave like normal sims, but their personalities are completely different, it was bizarre. Sims 2 had the best personality system imo.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Exciting!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't know how to feel. It Looks promising, but Deceiving at the same time. This Portal is giving me Once Upon a Time Vibes. I wonder... but it was a door, not a Archway... And then there's the Looking Glass with all 12 astrological symbols around it... but those aren't zodiac signs those are ancient symbols, but Those almost look Like The Symbols of Jupiter Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto meshed together.

Looks Nordic tho too. Thought they could be runic symbols to open or activate the portal
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

Two? Or right mermaids, I already forgot about them B)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »

Two? Or right mermaids, I already forgot about them B)

Mermaids are part of an EP
    Realm of Magic is a GP