Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic info coming Tuesday 8/20

Comments

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Leaked image.

dCHsK8b.png

*S Q U I N T S*

full moon? is that a hint?

Not to werewolves. I think we're only getting witches in this pack.

as I said above, that'd probably be better in the long run, lets them focus entirely on witches in this one, so we can hopefully get a werewolves one alter that's as in-depth as the vampires one.

I'm hoping the witches system will be great, even if I would have preferred it if we'd gotten werewolves first ;-)
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    I'm thrilled to see this so soon after Moschino stuff! I was prepared to wait until October, but I would love it if I didn't have to.

And while I suspected maybe we'd get a portal in ROM, I can honestly say I wasn't expecting one that looks quite like this. Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts.

My guess, is that it's so early in september, so we can get another expansion pack in November.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I keep trying to tell myself to tone down my expectations... But then they drop something like that and make it so difficult! :D
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    Nice!

giphy.gif
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Much as I'd love to have werewolves in the game, if they're not in this one, I'd be cool with that. Give witches all the space & then eventually get us a proper Werewolves pack, kthx. :D

I'm delighted to see it so soon! (plz have a September/early October release date, I have a birthday coming up ;))
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm definitely hoping no Werewolves... it would dilute it. It's only a gamepack and I want those that can perform magic to have lots of tricks up their sleeves. I want it to be as good as Vampires. Werewolves can come in another pack..

Exactly this. I think as we've seen with vampires, lifestates do best when the developers can afford to put all their attention and effort into one of them at a time. Otherwise one will inevitably just feel like an afterthought in comparison to another. Whilst werewolves are at the top of my wishlist, I'm very grateful that there won't be any in this GP.
    Post edited by amber_ilumire on
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited August 2019
    So we're looking at planar magic. That's pretty awesome. Here's to hoping that magic is a skill and not contained within a lifestate.
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    So we're looking at planar magic. That's pretty awesome. Here's to hoping that magic is a skill and not contained within a lifestate.

I don't know, I'd kind of prefer for it to be a lifestate. In sims 3, I didn't really see the point of making my sims witches, since any sim could use magic anyway.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

I don't know, I'd kind of prefer for it to be a lifestate. In sims 3, I didn't really see the point of making my sims witches, since any sim could use magic anyway.

Only witches could use magic in The Sims 3.

nah, from what little I managed to play before it crashed, I had regular sims using the magic stuff as well
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    If I remember well, in TS3, everyone could learn alchemy and each type of supernatural state had a few special abilities (similarly to IL mermaids) + a few special interactions/animations.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited August 2019

nah, from what little I managed to play before it crashed, I had regular sims using the magic stuff as well

Only Witches could use spells. Any Sim could craft elixirs, if that is what you are referring to.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    You may see some of the same tweets in this thread as Luth's thread but her thread is for relaying info only and no general discussion of the pack.
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    YAAAAS! Can't wait!
    giphy.gif
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm definitely hoping no Werewolves... it would dilute it. It's only a gamepack and I want those that can perform magic to have lots of tricks up their sleeves. I want it to be as good as Vampires. Werewolves can come in another pack..

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of werewolves anyway. If it is "just" witches, I think there's a lot of potential for it to be very good.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I'm so ready for this pack! Give it here, Malfoy!
    #Team Occult
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER !!!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    can.not.wait.for.tomorrow.argl B)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Oh dear I did not expect this so soon! I'm super super excited and hyped and speechless atm :astonished:
    Now I really need to start saving money <3 It's coming sooon yayyy.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    :open_mouth: I cannnnnnot wait!!!!!!!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. That's why I enjoy every pack that comes out because my expectations are low and I never get myself hype about it. B) but I sure hope they have wearwolfs. I dont expect it to happen but one thing I keep thinking about it how cool it would be if your wearwolf sim is running in the woods and at the click of a button turns into an actual wolf (still running) B)

That is what you must now do for any release pertaining to Sims 4. I do not get any peps as I do not forget the past. However, I will see how they do this pack and I am not holding my breath. :) I myself wish for werewolfs and would be quite interesting as Werewolves and Vampires are sworn enemies according to folklore.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I am so stoked for this 🔮🔮🔮. I really don’t have anything in particular I am expecting in the pack so I probably will be happy with whatever it has. I would love to see fairies, witches, and werecreatures (why stop at werewolves 😂 gimme a werecat). I would love to have dragons or phoenixes or unicorn or elves. I’m just open to all the possibilities. I love the sims the most for the surreal and otherworldly aspect more than the typical practical real life packs -mainly because I play the sims to escape my real life practical stuff 😂. I’m just so overwhelmed with the prospect this pack is coming now -I mean I planned to buy the pack no matter what it was as I buy every sim pack but it’s always lovely when it’s a pack geared towards my preferred style of fantasy play. Now if only my game will finish downloading so I can get my sim town ready for the inevitable mayhem magic will bring. Oh I really hope there are fairies and phoenixes-I know unicorns may be a bit of stretch but hey since I’m saying my wishes, I hope for unicorns too.