Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should they do an Alien Pack / Patch ?

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Yes
    Yes to a patch. I would like things like copying clothes and hair between disguise and alien look (why only give this update to vampires and not aliens :/) the ability to get rid of the disguise, full body alien suits for toddlers, more powers,...

A pack only if it offers a new habitable world in space. Something actually new that we don't have yet. Although an updated usable sixam would be good too.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    A xenomorph patch? Sure!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes
    I would like an alien pack

Nah. It would be quite the PR disaster for them to charge us for alien improvements. :) Even though, they did blindfold a numerous amount of people to buy the Moschino - er Photography (improvements) Stuff Pack. ;)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    It doesn't matter
    Hestia wrote: »
    I would like an alien pack

Nah. It would be quite the PR disaster for them to charge us for alien improvements. :) Even though, they did blindfold a numerous amount of people to buy the Moschino - er Photography (improvements) Stuff Pack. ;)

I went in with eyes wide open. 😉
    Yes
    @simgirl1010 It’s your money. Shrugs
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Yes
    I don't care about aliens really and I've never played with them in any of my games, but I agree that they should have the same amount of content as they have in previous games. The aliens in GTW just felt like an afterthought imo. Aliens are basically a staple of the sims series at this point and they really need fleshing out.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Can't vote. Not enough choices. My answer, No, I won't pay for the same thing twice.
    But I would appreciate if they would patch aliens back to how they were before GT. You know, like back in their disguises, and before they were nerfed to never get anyone preggers. What excitement, fear or emotion to the player does it cause now if they are abducted? Nothing. They aren't going to die, there is no heart racing for player since nothing is going to happen to Sim, so they nerfed the fun right out of abductions, not even going to get pregnant if male, and they walk around in regular form. Thanks, Maxis, for ruining fun features with a later EP and patches that took away my fun, because we all know getting pregnant was the only thing to fear in this childish no consequences game, and now even that rarely happens. Didn't happen but one time in my game in three years.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes
    Yes, However, Only because Get to Work isn't only about aliens, I feel they should extend the three careers to other life states.

Just saying, It would be awesome to see Scientist experimenting new formulas that might alter a Sims genetics into becoming a Vampire, Mermaid, Soon a Mystic and hopefully one day a Werewolf. Inventing new Gadgets that could aid and/or work against those life states.

Doctors could have new afflictions and injuries to cure and operate on.

and Detectives could have new Mysteries and Crimes to solve.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Patch, yes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    No, I don't care about the aliens
    I'm sure others would like it, but it's not my cup of tea. I have to say that I am not interested.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I just wish they would patch them back to the way they were before GT and I don't want to pay for an upgrade like we have to do for photography. Sorry I can't vote because the pack/patch isn't separate.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2019
    Its a no from me I would of preferred had they originally got their own pack instead of taking a huge chunk out of Get to Work budget to create them and their useless world.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes
    I would go for an patch, I believe it is time to explore more themes dealing with aliens but not for this version as I feel it may not be done right. I would like an version that allows me to play in an alien environment and it is more of an comical side and not serious. Humans and aliens colonizing together and not hidden on funny alien planets.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I want an actual alien world. I’ll even take a mere 5 lots of Sixam.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Yes
    They can patch it in. Everybody keeps saying nope because patches are basegame only but the nerfs specifically affected aliens which aren't bg. If they can patch in downgrades they can patch in upgrades.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Yes
    I want to care about our alien friends, but I just don't. I think I'm disappointed by the mechanics, but not sure what TS4 could add to make them better. I doubt they would patch in more features to one of the oldest expansion packs, which is a bummer. But if any improvements come for aliens I will be 100% on board.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    No, the alien gameplay is satisfying
    My Sim had alien twins yesterday. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Hi,

After SP15 Moschino which really improves and extends the photography gameplay from EP01 Get To Work, do you think they should do the same thing about the aliens ?

No. I don't really care for the aliens.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    I love alien <3
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Yes
    A patch? Heck yeah, bring it on, that'd be awesome (and it'd be an absolute dream if they expanded on both aliens and mermaids).

A pack? As in, a paid pack for something that many of us have already paid for? CANCELLED 👿👿👿
    edited August 2019
    Yes
    I think The Sims 3 had the best aliens and I want to experience that again in The Sims 4.

Sixam is a huge disappointment by the way. :/

I still stand strong to a free patch on alien improvements for GTW owners.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited August 2019
    It doesn't matter
    I hate aliens. The only reason I would love a patch is if it would include an option to turn alien abduction off for those who want nothing to do with it. I know that it is supposed to be funny, but I loathe the thought of one of my sims possibly getting pregnant from abduction, because I see it as a r*pe. I bought the pack for careers, not aliens.
    I should've voted no.
    Not wanting to criticize anyone who enjoys alien gameplay or wanting to pick fights, just my personal feelings.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Yes
    I hate aliens. The only reason I would love a patch is if it would include an option to turn alien abduction off for those who want nothing to do with it. I know that it is supposed to be funny, but I loathe the thought of one of my sims possibly getting pregnant from abduction, because I see it as a r*pe. I bought the pack for careers, not aliens.
    I should've voted no.
    Not wanting to criticize anyone who enjoys alien gameplay or wanting to pick fights, just my personal feelings.

Everyone has their own playstyle. No one should take it as criticism. B)
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    No I don't really care about Aliens I think a majority of people do not play them I think they should concentrate on fixing the dining pack Sims no longer sit at the tables and there are other things I think they could fix. Aliens are not that interesting and most people do not play with them. Most people like to play families and socialize their Sims with other Sims fixing those things are want will make the game more interesting and make money for EA. Even adding Witches and other characters are more interesting what is it with Alines anyway.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Not really one for occults honestly.