March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic World Speculation (With Pictures)

Comments

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member

Glad to hear that a new world is confirmed for this pack.

However, it's still vague. "Think along the lines of Forgotten Hollow" could mean anything from ambiance, spooky aesthetic etc. SimGuruRomeo could be referring to the lots or overall world size, but I'm going to remain hopeful that it will be a decent size.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Latest post from the Sims on Instagram :wink:

Witches witches witches witches witches witches witches witches witches-

Cautiously optimistic. It doesn't look like we're getting the medieval look I've been hoping for, but this looks cool and mysterious. Hopefully, the world we get will have a strong atmosphere, like Forgotten Hollow.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Perhaps it's a similar size in its main area but has a hidden area leading off from it. Forgotten Hollow has what looks like a closed mine entrance but it leads nowhere. I always felt they initially intended to have a secret area leading from it but gave up because they said people were not accessing the other secret lots in huge numbers.

A spookier, more magical space hidden from a main town square would be a wonderful way to really bring occult to life, as the word itself means hidden.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I also hope it is not just four lots and that's it, I would be hugely disappointed. I have been looking forward to this pack so much. I feel it has so much potential but I am worried the reality won't meet that.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member

So it's looking like it will probably be a smaller world with 5 or 6 lots. I was kind of expecting this as it is a gamepack, but the surprise in relation to the world and the gif of the portal door makes me think there will be a hidden world as well.

What little I can see of the world around the portal makes me think mountain valley. The portal itself has a Celtic vibe to me, so perhaps the hidden world will have a Celtic theme?

Honestly, I'm just so excited we're getting news this soon, as I wasn't expecting to hear any more about this until mid September.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    I just checked on Twitch and the trailer streams a little less than 21 hours from the time I post this. :) Click on the tweet and it gives you the time......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L09ld07hEVc&feature=youtu.be
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Totally satisfied with a new world no matter what the size tbh considering that it's a game pack and especially if the portal means we might be able to travel somewhere else within it! I'm loving the whole forest scenery in the background! Looks like a deep valley or a glen? That's the sort of thing I was really hoping for, I can't wait for the stream now!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,406 Member
    Hoping it can fit a 40x30 or 40x40 in it, as that would be awesome for the main sim family I've been waiting to use this with. I like the idea of the portal to another area--hoping it's another smaller world like magic town or something!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    A stray thought that crossed my mind looking at the portal: it gives me Greek Gods/Olympus vibes. That would definitely be something brand new for Sims and intriguing.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    I've just been looking at the Gamescom opening night and it is all death and destruction. Thank G.. that there are still some games like Sims 4 around. I hope the Realm of Magic doesn't go that way but keeps a brighter outlook on life. We need it.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    QNznMzB.png

@PlayerSinger2010 These look really interesting!

Though it doesn't give us much insight to the world, one thing I do love is the look of the atmosphere. All the blue and purple hues and the starry sky with the moon... I'm actually in love.

Well I'm digging the rings he's wearing... I can't say I like everything else... Unless that's a stained glass window... I mean the moon looks pretty cool. I like that it doesn't look spooky Let's start there...

Trying so hard to justify and convince my self to like what I see.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!
    #Team Occult
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I hate this game...I get so excited for a tiny magical portal. And I have to be at work tomorrow!

I'm shocked we're getting news of this so soon after the stuff pack...maybe that means a release early September?
  • olvrbsnolvrbsn Posts: 45 Member
    Latest post from the Sims on Instagram :wink:

OMG I can't wait to see o:)o:)o:)
    Why does that arch remind me of the veil in ministry of magic 😭
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I feel like this pack is going to go so well with the Vampires GP. Where's all my Forgotten Hollow residents at? Looks like we'll find a second home in the new world!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I pray it's equal to strangerville in terms of town size. I'd hate to downgrade back to 4 lots.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    The devs are saying that the world that comes with Realm of Magic is unique to The Sims... I am thinking that its a Fairies GP with a world made out of floating rocks, floating islands, etc... For us to explore our fairies ability to fly everywhere.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    The devs are saying that the world that comes with Realm of Magic is unique to The Sims... I am thinking that its a Fairies GP with a world made out of floating rocks, floating islands, etc... For us to explore our fairies ability to fly everywhere.

Floating islands would definitely explain the portals! And spellcasters are sometimes known for teleportation so if there were portals on each island, that makes sense how they would get around! I bet that's it!
    #Team Occult
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    LiELF wrote: »

Floating islands would definitely explain the portals! And spellcasters are sometimes known for teleportation so if there were portals on each island, that makes sense how they would get around! I bet that's it!

but couldn't we just poof from island to island? Like vampires and Mist Form? assuming that's a Power. the only reason i'd imagine going through a portal is getting to a realm that's not easy to get to (Not on the Map screen).
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    QNznMzB.png

@PlayerSinger2010 These look really interesting!

Though it doesn't give us much insight to the world, one thing I do love is the look of the atmosphere. All the blue and purple hues and the starry sky with the moon... I'm actually in love.

Well I'm digging the rings he's wearing... I can't say I like everything else... Unless that's a stained glass window... I mean the moon looks pretty cool. I like that it doesn't look spooky Let's start there...

Trying so hard to justify and convince my self to like what I see.

As much as I LOVE magic-themed stuff... I'm going into this with sub-par expectations. The past three releases or so have been rather stale, as exciting as the themes sounded.

However! I see hot air balloons in the back of img 3.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

Now I feel the urge to check if they meant "any Sims game ever" or just the main franchise when they said unique. Any Freeplay players here thinking about the magical fairy forest in there? ;)
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited August 2019

Glad to hear that a new world is confirmed for this pack.

However, it's still vague. "Think along the lines of Forgotten Hollow" could mean anything from ambiance, spooky aesthetic etc. SimGuruRomeo could be referring to the lots or overall world size, but I'm going to remain hopeful that it will be a decent size.

They're referring to size. Only 5 lots.
  • zokliozoklio Posts: 40 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

I can't imagine the mess it will create if angry sims can autonomously do magic to create havoc lol
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.