Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 3 or sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    It's funny that, now that The Sims 4 has a 64-bit engine, it is actually fit to support a game like The Sims 3. At the moment, it looks like an over-correction of all the issues The Sims 3 had. From today's point of view, the main issue of The Sims 3 is that it doesn't have a 64-bit engine.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    igazor wrote: »

I have zero interest in playing TS4 and it's not because I don't want to purchase EPs for features that I already have in TS3. I wouldn't want to play TS4 even if the packs were all available to me and all of the content matched up because the game does not live up to what I want (and already have) as a life simulator where the entire world progresses at once. There are others who feel the same way in reverse, and there are those who are able to appreciate and enjoy both games for what they are, quirks and all, while still recognizing that they provide very different long- and short-term play experiences from each other.

^Ditto. :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Turjan wrote: »
    It's funny that, now that The Sims 4 has a 64-bit engine, it is actually fit to support a game like The Sims 3. At the moment, it looks like an over-correction of all the issues The Sims 3 had. From today's point of view, the main issue of The Sims 3 is that it doesn't have a 64-bit engine.

TS4 still didn't get the 64-bit update actually - but I agree, I wish TS3 had gotten one, it would have indeed fixed many issues.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    MiSFiT203 wrote: »
    sims 3 we were told here are the tools to do everything you need, make it your own. sims 4 we were told, you will take what we give you, play with life.

This is why I think it depends on what the OP wants to do in the game if they're seriously considering which one to give most of their time to. If you want to be more hands on Sims 3 is the way to go, more hands off then Sims 4. I like having more control in my hands and I get that the most in 3 so it's what I prefer.

Of course one could always play both if possible. Some of us here play 3 and 4 or 3 and 2. I wouldn't be surprised if there are players who play 2-4 or all the iterations of The Sims as well.
    KqGXVAC.jpg