Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• deFafnyrdeFafnyr Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm deFafnyr, an old gamer, no really, I'm 60, and have been gaming since 2000. I played a lot of MMO's and single player games but arthritis cut into my ability to compete against the AI's of those games. I tried Sims because my "Daughter #4" was so heavy into Sims and she got me hooked. Apparently I've been playing for a year and didn't realize it. Time flies!

So yea, mother of 4 daughters who all game too, hubby games. My oldest grandson and granddaughter games. Youngest grandson is a toddler but I expect he will follow the family hobby.

As far as Sims goes, it's me, Daughter #1, Daughter #4 and Granddaughter that all play. I've gobbled up all the expansions/packs/etc at the last big sale so the addiction is pretty high for me. >.> Whut? <.<

Hubby and me and Daughter #3 and her hubby are avid DnD/Pathfinder tabletop gamers.

Career wise I'm a surgical assistant in oral and perio surgeries. We live in the Pacific Northwest and my biggest complication is my cat keeps sitting on my hands when I've had too long a session of Simming and he wants attention.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited August 2019
    deFafnyr wrote: »
    I'm deFafnyr, an old gamer, no really, I'm 60, and have been gaming since 2000. I played a lot of MMO's and single player games but arthritis cut into my ability to compete against the AI's of those games. I tried Sims because my "Daughter #4" was so heavy into Sims and she got me hooked. Apparently I've been playing for a year and didn't realize it. Time flies!

So yea, mother of 4 daughters who all game too, hubby games. My oldest grandson and granddaughter games. Youngest grandson is a toddler but I expect he will follow the family hobby.

As far as Sims goes, it's me, Daughter #1, Daughter #4 and Granddaughter that all play. I've gobbled up all the expansions/packs/etc at the last big sale so the addiction is pretty high for me. >.> Whut? <.<

Hubby and me and Daughter #3 and her hubby are avid DnD/Pathfinder tabletop gamers.

Career wise I'm a surgical assistant in oral and perio surgeries. We live in the Pacific Northwest and my biggest complication is my cat keeps sitting on my hands when I've had too long a session of Simming and he wants attention.

Hello @deFafnyr :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you and your family all gamers know and that some of your family are also simmers as well.You would all enjoy chatting about The Sims and what is happening in your games and your sims households,
    It is great that you were able to get many packs when they were on sale. Packs add many enjoyable features, activities and themes to the game!
    Your cat sounds cute!
    Happy simming! :)
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Hey everyone :)

I found the forum looking for a way to publish some stories/progress "diaries" about my gameplay :)

I'm not sure what to tell about myself without breaking the forum rules... Well, maybe I can explain my name. It's a mix of Queen (the band) and Cinderella. I don't know why I added the Cinderella part. It sounded nice in my head :D
    Hey everyone :)

I found the forum looking for a way to publish some stories/progress "diaries" about my gameplay :)

I'm not sure what to tell about myself without breaking the forum rules... Well, maybe I can explain my name. It's a mix of Queen (the band) and Cinderella. I don't know why I added the Cinderella part. It sounded nice in my head :D

Hello @Queenarella :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It was great hearing the details behind your username.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, find helpful tips about playing the game and enjoy posting on the threads.
    Happy Simming! :)
  • K8ie1892K8ie1892 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey all, I'm kind of a newbie but also not! I've been playing the sims for years but just coming out my shell into the forums! I was wondering if anyone could help me? I want to change my profile pic on here but dont know how to?

Many thanks for your help

Happy Simming everyone!
    edited August 2019
    K8ie1892 wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm kind of a newbie but also not! I've been playing the sims for years but just coming out my shell into the forums! I was wondering if anyone could help me? I want to change my profile pic on here but dont know how to?

Many thanks for your help

Happy Simming everyone!

Hello @K8ie1892 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer

You will able to change your profile picture when you become a full member.
    When you have become a full member, click the cog wheel at the top of the page on the right hand side of your user name. Click preferences. On the left hand side of the page, there will be a link to change your profile picture.
  • AgenaAgena Posts: 36 Member
    Hi!
    I'm Agena (or Paillette87 on the Gallery). I'm far from being a new player since I started with the Sims 1&2 back in 2006/07. I'm more of a builder/decorator than a storyteller, and my Sims always end being some kind of hermit, most of the time of the writer or musician kind.
    I started sharing my builds on the gallery not very long ago (like maybe two/three weeks ago?), and I'm currently looking for challenges. Which brought me here where I discovered the Dynamic Developers Weekly Build Challenge. So, that's why I'm here on the forums.
    Agena wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm Agena (or Paillette87 on the Gallery). I'm far from being a new player since I started with the Sims 1&2 back in 2006/07. I'm more of a builder/decorator than a storyteller, and my Sims always end being some kind of hermit, most of the time of the writer or musician kind.
    I started sharing my builds on the gallery not very long ago (like maybe two/three weeks ago?), and I'm currently looking for challenges. Which brought me here where I discovered the Dynamic Developers Weekly Build Challenge. So, that's why I'm here on the forums.

Hello @Agena :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 1 and Sims 2, and that you enjoy building and decorating. You would have creating many types of homes and venues for your sims over time. Building is a very special part of simming! It is an enjoyable way to express our creativity through the game!
    This is a link to a Build Challenges links thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/838133/build-challenges-links-thread#latest
  • AgenaAgena Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks, @rosemow, for your warm welcome! And this link is exactly what I was looking for, so thanks for that too!
  • K8ie1892K8ie1892 Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow thank you for your response 😁
  • CatnipSimzCatnipSimz Posts: 18 Member
    Hiya! I am an 18 year old simmer from America who has been playing since i was around 6! <3
    I love maxis match cc and my favorite sims games is a tie between the Sims 4 and the Sims 2.
    My name on the gallery is the same as on here, VigilKitten, and I have only posted one room so far (i plan on making more tho!)
    I love making sims and decorating the inside of homes!
    I decided to join the forum so I can interact more with fellow simmers. <3
    edited August 2019
    Hiya! I am an 18 year old simmer from America who has been playing since i was around 6! <3
    I love maxis match cc and my favorite sims games is a tie between the Sims 4 and the Sims 2.
    My name on the gallery is the same as on here, VigilKitten, and I have only posted one room so far (i plan on making more tho!)
    I love making sims and decorating the inside of homes!
    I decided to join the forum so I can interact more with fellow simmers. <3

Hello @VigilKitten :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming when you were a young child and that it has been a part of your life through your childhood <3 You would have many special memories of fun times spent simming over the years.
    It is nice that you enjoy creating sims and decorating homes. Simming is a very special game where we can enjoy expressing our creativity through your builds and Sims and bring our interior decorating ideas into sims gameform!
    I hope you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forum threads.
  • pnr8555pnr8555 Posts: 18 Member
    Time to introduce myself.

I'm PNR8555, or maybe in short, PNR. I'm from Bangkok, Thailand and I started to play the Sims 4 since 2016.

I may know about the Sims for a bit when there used to be a free version on Facebook back in 2011, before started to watch the full franchise on YouTube in 2013 with the late YouTuber Quxxn, as well as another YouTuber KPopp, being my first inspirations and reasons why I get a copy of the Sims 4 three years later.

Early on, I started playing with myself being created as a character, before started to get packs and start to look for custom contents and mods, which makes the game's creative potential even more interesting, which later on I started to have real-life celebrities such as singers, actors and YouTubers in my world.

A month after I started playing the game, also inspired by the just-concluded 2016 Olympics and being a sports fan back then, I decided to have sims competing in games such as chess, foosball and darts (from GT) before expanding to basketball (from CL) and bowling, and the competition are ran from every months to once every three months.

Even though the game has some limitations, such as lot and neighbourhood size and the 8 sims per household limit, with the discovery of mods and CCs and how to use cheats, in April 2017, I finally created a "world cup" in foosball in April with 16 countries competing. To this date, nine editions of this tournament already happened, and I haven't really tell anyone about this yet.

As a rotational player and more of a technical simmer, I explore how the game works, and how to customise them to my wish.

In June this year, I finally discovered XML modding, and started to make things even more better for myself and fits to my usual culture, but sometimes for the others, maybe a bit illogical. Some of the XML mods I made so far are changing situation outfits, reducing Windenburg neighbourhood brawls, and the big one, making foosball games lasts to 15 (from 5) as well as a score counting notification.

So far so good, you would know that Get Together is definitely my favourite pack, but after all, the Sims wouldn't be perfect until you customise them to your like.

Once again, when I'm ready, I will update on what happened in my savegame on the Challenges, Stories and Legacies forums, as well as the 10th edition of my Foosball World Cup, coming this Christmas.

For general interests of myself, as an Industrial Design student, I know how to use CAD modelling softwares which I can export them into CCs in the game, and for having many real-life celebrities in my game, most of the competitors in my competition are usually real-life people. I listen to Western music as well as some electronic music, Latin (Spanish language) music and K-pop (Korean language) songs, which makes me an Ariana Grande fan, and become stans of Blackpink, which my bias is Rosé, even Lisa is from Thailand.

Nice to meet you all.

Works done on The Sims so far since 2016 (I need to catch up of course)

Events and tournaments
    Windenburg Inter-Household Games (usual household competitions with up to 64 sims entering)
    12 editions so far for chess and women's foosball
    11 editions so far for men's foosball
    2 editions so far for darts, basketball and bowling

SUPERSIMS Foosball World Cup (foosball competition for national teams)
    8 editions so far for teams of two
    1 edition so far for teams of four (two tables playing simultaneously)

SUPERSIMS Bowling World Cup (bowling competition for national teams)
    1 edition so far.

Modding (I made some mods for myself so I don't get time to share them yet)
    Lots of recolours so far
    30+ XML mods
    2 original object meshes
    2 original CAS parts
    4 poses and animations

Modding Highlights
    Longer foosball games (15 points to win) and score counting notifications
    Countries flags
    Situation outfit fixes
    Sim filters
    Tournament trophies

It sounds like a resumé so far but I need to catch up with the community after only reading for two and a half years, so that's why the long bragging. Sorry if it's too long.
    Hello @pnr8555 :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have started posting on the forums, after reading the forums for the last few years. It waa very nice to read about your simming history and what you what you have doing in your game.The games tournaments sound great!
  • pnr8555pnr8555 Posts: 18 Member
    @rosemow Thank you very much for your welcome. Hope I have a good time sharing more stuffs to the community after keeping it to myself for years.
    pnr8555 wrote: »
    @rosemow Thank you very much for your welcome. Hope I have a good time sharing more stuffs to the community after keeping it to myself for years.

You’re welcome :)
  • SailorDecoSailorDeco Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! My name is Andre and I'm a brazilian simmer. I started to play The Sims in 2007, when The Sims 2 Seasons was launched. I'm big Sims 2 stan and I'm currently working on a Pleasantview save for The Sims 4. I also I'm learning the basics of modding (just did a custom career using Zerbu's Mod Tool) and I hope to learn and share more :)
    SailorDeco wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Andre and I'm a brazilian simmer. I started to play The Sims in 2007, when The Sims 2 Seasons was launched. I'm big Sims 2 stan and I'm currently working on a Pleasantview save for The Sims 4. I also I'm learning the basics of modding (just did a custom career using Zerbu's Mod Tool) and I hope to learn and share more :)

Hello @SailorDeco :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since 2007, and started simming by playing Sims 2. You would have been enjoying spending many fun and enjoyable hours over the time playing, creating and building!
    I hope that your Pleasantville save for Sims 2 continues to go well.
  • NoleGrad08NoleGrad08 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, Everyone.

I've been playing sims since the original Sims 1. I played Sims City in high school and saw the advertisement for The Sims in the packaging and had to have it. I've been with the franchise ever since. I had a hiatus during Sims 3 where I was doing life - finished college, started a career, got married, bought a house, etc. - and I recently returned to the franchise a year ago. After getting caught up on everything that had happened while I was away, I was pretty happy I got to come into Sims 4 when there were already expansion packs out I wanted. I recently started dabbling in mods and CC as well - so I'm having fun connecting with the Sims in new ways.
    NoleGrad08 wrote: »
    Hi, Everyone.

I've been playing sims since the original Sims 1. I played Sims City in high school and saw the advertisement for The Sims in the packaging and had to have it. I've been with the franchise ever since. I had a hiatus during Sims 3 where I was doing life - finished college, started a career, got married, bought a house, etc. - and I recently returned to the franchise a year ago. After getting caught up on everything that had happened while I was away, I was pretty happy I got to come into Sims 4 when there were already expansion packs out I wanted. I recently started dabbling in mods and CC as well - so I'm having fun connecting with the Sims in new ways.

Hello @NoleGrad08 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed playing a number of households over the time and seeing how their lives developed in your game.
    It is great that after a break from simming you are now back simming again and enjoying playing Sims 4. The expansion packs add many special and enjoyable features and activities to the game!
  • LadyPenguinLadyPenguin Posts: 21 Member
    Ciao everyone!
    My name is Ariana, I'm 23 from California and have been an avid Sims gamer since I was just a tot. :')
    This franchise truly never stops rewarding it's community with amazing content and whimsical humor, I am so happy to be part of it.
    Ciao everyone!
    My name is Ariana, I'm 23 from California and have been an avid Sims gamer since I was just a tot. :')
    This franchise truly never stops rewarding it's community with amazing content and whimsical humor, I am so happy to be part of it.

Hello @LadyPenguin :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since you were a young child :) You would have many special and happy memories of fun times spent simming over the years <3
  • LadyPenguinLadyPenguin Posts: 21 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Hello @LadyPenguin :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is very nice that you have been simming since you were a young child :) You would have many special and happy memories of fun times spent simming over the years <3
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you! I certainly do. :)
    Do you mind giving my comment that last like so that I can become a full member? :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top