Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a question for those who have playable ghost.

My sim has a friend, whom she met at a bar. This friend also happens to be a ghost. I'm thinking about moving him in, he is one of the homeless sims in town. But I've noticed that when my sim is out and about, if there are any ghost, they are very messy, leaving puddles all over the place after they drink. My question is for those who have playable ghost, are they messy at home? My sim is a very neat person and don't like those type of things.

Comments

• AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    If they are playable, not nearly as much as unplayable. That and they can clean up also. I used to play with ghosts but stopped because of the pass through interaction made my sims tense all the time. But messy, not really. If they break something, just have them fix it.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • LaceyroseLaceyrose Posts: 587 Member
    My game has some resident ghosts. The ghosts can be both good and bad. The good part, is they are good for social needs, and they will help keep things clean and tidy.. and they will even do activities they did before they died.. such as painting, gardening, cooking..etc.. but the bad side is ( and they do this a LOT ) is jump into stuff.. if what they jump into, is breakable.. it will break 2 out of three times.. and they also love to scare your sims.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    Can you move homeless ghosts to your household tho? I thought only ghosts who have their tombs on the sim's house can be invited.

But anyways, I'll just answer your questions:
    Yes, they are very messy. They will leave a puddle everywhere when they drink. They can mop up but you would have to direct them to do it like a regular sim.

They can repair stuff quickly tho.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I have a ghost from the sauna death as well as a fire and a anger ghost and none of them ever leave a mess. The might give sims around them the tense moodlet though, or get angry from being around the angry ghost. If the sim drowned then they will leave water everywhere.

Btw, the sauna ghost has steam coming from her and she fans herself like she is hot sometimes. I don't remember if it the anger or fire ghost but I think anger, have like a ripping affect in his ghostliness XD The fire ghost can start a fire anywhere. That how I first noticed that they changed it so gloomy sims cry at the sight of fire ^^
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    No, but it is easy to break and fix objects quickly with them. They are great and fast cleaning up dishes too since they can walk through walls.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Can you move homeless ghosts to your household tho? I thought only ghosts who have their tombs on the sim's house can be invited.

Yes, they are very messy. They will leave a puddle everywhere when they drink. They can mop up but you would have to direct them to do it like a regular sim.

With the Get Together, my sim received a phone call for an invite with a friend to a bar, and at the bar it's Ghost Night, or something like that. As a result all kinds of ghost will show up at that location, and they in turn become homeless sims that can be placed in homes in Manage Worlds.
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

With the Get Together, my sim received a phone call for an invite with a friend to a bar, and at the bar it's Ghost Night, or something like that. As a result all kinds of ghost will show up at that location, and they in turn become homeless sims that can be placed in homes in Manage Worlds.

Okay, but I don't think you can invite ghosts to join your household, or at least I haven't tried yet. Maybe you have to be good friends with them. Also, I don't even think you can call and invite a ghost to visit your house. Can someone confirm this for me though?
    832XG3D.gif
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

Okay, but I don't think you can invite ghosts to join your household, or at least I haven't tried yet. Maybe you have to be good friends with them. Also, I don't even think you can call and invite a ghost to visit your house. Can someone confirm this for me though?

What I meant was to move the ghost in, by merging households in Manage Worlds. You are correct, at the moment there is no way my sim can call him up on the phone.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member

You can invite ghosts to join your household when you become good friends, and yeah, you can't call them to come over. It's easier if they died on your lot since you'd have an urn/grave they'd spawn out of, but otherwise it's sort of hard to find the same ghost. If you can get to the point of friendship where they just autonomously call you for parties--which I assume would work, since they can congratulate you on friends or deliveries--you might be able to have the option to ask them to move in.

As for ghosts, I have several in my game I've kept around. I think one of the annoying ones is pretty much the ones that died via drowning. Not only do they "leak" when they drink things, but they also randomly make puddles when they're in one place for a long duration of time (like if they're sitting somewhere.) Just the ones that drowned though. The other ones aren't too much of a problem.

They also tend to really possess objects often, so if your sim is at home a lot, you may want to look into the reward trait "Carefree." My only living sim in my haunted mansion has Carefree so he would stop getting tense while around them when they do their hijinks. They also break things a lot, noting that they have a "possess to break" mischief interaction on utility objects like sinks. They can repair things with "Ghostly Repair," regardless if they have handiness, and it's quite fast as well, so you don't have to worry about having to call the repairman or taking risks repairing electronics.
    I rotate ghosts in a mansion, so I do tend to have 7+ in the house generally, more if I'm using fullhouse to bring in recent deaths.
    They are quite messy, but if there's only one, you shouldn't have much of a problem. Just be wary when they're angry, because when they are, they tend to go around the house possessing everything to break until they're not mad anymore. (Quite annoying when the ghost is hot headed.) Angry ghosts can also do fun things, like decay plants if their death was by cowplant.

What I meant was to move the ghost in, by merging households in Manage Worlds. You are correct, at the moment there is no way my sim can call him up on the phone.

Oh, that sounds like a good idea. I've never tried merging ghosts using household management tho. I don't think I've ever seen ghosts in household management, but then again, I don't have a lot of ghosts in my town. I might have to check again tho since I got GT and they have ghosts nights.
    832XG3D.gif
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Tell a ghost story at a campfire at night. You will get a ghost. I don't know if it works with the bonfire.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    only if the ghost has the Slob trait.

it also depends what they died by.
    If the ghost died by fire, be careful when it's in a mood, the ghost has power to start fires.
    if the ghost died by drowning in water. it may leave water puddles around.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Can't you use testingcheats to move anyone into your household?
  • ZiilieuZiilieu Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Can't you use testingcheats to move anyone into your household? Ghosts like the Reaper can be added to any family at any time with certain cheats or mods, try holding ALT and right clicking them. there should be a Add to Family option. With the Reaper, you can get both your death sim and Death himself in ones swoop. Be aware of how they died tho, can end up being a bigger headache then you expected. On the fun side, you can take said added ghost into CAS.fulleditmode and age them down to toddlers and have you a ghost kid. so many things you can do with new expansions like make a ghost vampire alien mermaid. there is a mod by Deaderpool with a bunch of perks that avoids the command prompt bar eachtime...but you didn't hear it from me ;)
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    This thread is from 2016!