Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on the new way the cheats bar comes up???

I noticed around the time Island Living came out, when you do Ctrl+Shift+C to get the cheats bar up, your game now automatically pauses and goes dark while you do your cheats. Personally I hate this. When I use the modifyrelationship cheat, I can't hover over the sims' names, I have to remember them. I can't scroll through their skills' list to look at the skills I want to increase/add. Worse yet, if I wanted to save something up there, such as a skill cheat line and then click on the next sim and use the up arrow to get the previous cheat to autofill, I can't do that anymore. I have to retype it. And I can no longer copy and paste in and out of the cheats bar. It makes cheats take longer and I think that's ridiculous. I just want to see if I'm the only one out there who despises this new cheat bar.
Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls

Thoughts on the new way the cheats bar comes up??? 114 votes

New cheat bar
25%
Kita5399Bloosmoogoodcakebaker62SimplyJenduhboy2u2Foxrox77keene61SindocatFraTacpammiechickfiercephoenix91DeKayHermitgirlMDianaSimsHillyBethHopeyStarrzefronGamingTweetyRavenSpitcitysimmer 29 votes
Old cheat bar
74%
CK213Celticgamer0gettpsoveronAnnie2008SleepycatDSLsimlish1Simburiansimm621MeteoraStormelanorbretonAnmirlaMariefoxprice83AjaGioSumoBicftlduKalaniCoolLustianiciapajamajam07AquariusMom 85 votes

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Old cheat bar
    I haven't been in gameplay mode for awhile (just been building homes and venues lately)... but this sounds annoying! Why would they even think this was a good idea to begin with!? Why are they making the game worse and worse!? Ever since they released the "new look" update, everything just seems to be going down hill... WHY!?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Since I use MCCC and UI Cheats for the most part when setting up Sims/relationships, I really haven't noticed a change with the cheat bar, so I guess I'm apathetic to the change.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Old cheat bar
    I wonder what the reasoning was behind the change. I don't like it myself.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    New cheat bar
    I usually use MCCC and UI Cheats, but I personally stopped the game anyways when I did cheats. I also only ever cheat when it's for story purposes (which is no longer very necessary thanks to the new Story Mode), and I have NEVER forgotten my sims name.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    New cheat bar
    To be completely fair, don’t really care either way. I really only use it for the free real estate cheat, or occasionally for full edit mode in cas & to get the buy debug items.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    New cheat bar
    For me, it doesn't matter since I don't use cheats and need to hover over the sims like what you stated here, OP. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Old cheat bar
    I can't stand it! Especially when I'm in BB mode. I keep forgetting that the screen will go dark/fade out, so whenever I open the cheat bar to use moveobjects any furniture I've clicked on will disappear and go back to its original place! I don't understand why this was deemed a necessary change? There's so many other things that they could have used their time changing?
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Old cheat bar
    The new cheat bar makes my game freeze and crash when I try to reset my Sim or use moveobjects on. I highly prefer the old one.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    I didn't even notice as I always pause the game when I enter a cheat. Most of them are building cheats anyway, rarely in live mode.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Old cheat bar
    I much prefer it if it didn’t pause the game. I also would like it better if they had the EXPAND feature from past iterations with its easier copy/paste functionality.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    New cheat bar
    I dont mind
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2019
    Old cheat bar
    Considering a lot people are reporting that the new one crashes their game...
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Old cheat bar
    Another unnecessary change that no one asked for and is only causing problems.
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Old cheat bar
    Prefer the old. I've only been back playing sims for about a week after a year of not playing, so been catching up but i've noticed this and it's terribly annoying, especially when putting in the aspiration cheat
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Since I use MCCC for the stuff you suggested in your post, it makes no difference to me. I have only ever used the cheat bar in build mode, so the game is paused anyway.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    New cheat bar
    I don't use cheats often. I do remember pausing the game myself when opening the cheat bar though because I'd sometimes have to look them up so I guess the new way serves me better. It may have something to do with performance... adding a cheat while things are running might cause issues. I'd like to know why they changed it.
    I really should not have voted at all actually..
    egTcBMc.png
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Old cheat bar
    I can't stand it! Especially when I'm in BB mode. I keep forgetting that the screen will go dark/fade out, so whenever I open the cheat bar to use moveobjects any furniture I've clicked on will disappear and go back to its original place! I don't understand why this was deemed a necessary change? There's so many other things that they could have used their time changing?

Very much this.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I mainly use cheats to turn moveobjects on. And also to fulledit townies because pear- shaped Sims and the eyeball ring are always out to ruin my good time. So I noticed the change, thought it was odd and that it seemed unnecessary, but moved on quickly.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Old cheat bar
    I don't hate the new one. At least less accidental screenshots lol. But still I'd prefer the old one.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    New cheat bar
    I like that it pauses now, I hated the time just running by while I entered the cheat (there is no copy and paste on the console so it always takes long), also I don't tend to forget my sims names soooo don't have that problem either way ;)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Does it? Wow I didn’t even notice. :flushed: lol!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think SimGuruNick said it's a glitch and they're looking into it.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Old cheat bar
    I prefer the old one.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Old cheat bar
    I didn't notice as it's always motherlode for me!

It would be better to revert to the old one in case I want to use another cheat though. I hate it when you cannot copy or cut and paste into such boxes. It's usually security in other cases.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I didn't even notice it was different. I only really use it for bb.moveobjects in build and buy mode though.