Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Paramours- A Reading Circle

Comments

• squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    @sweetnightingale Yes, I'm excited too! I just wish they'd release supernaturals more often. I guess I'm fine with it being split if they're higher quality, but... aside from vampires they're about the same as TS3 in my opinion. And yes, there are several not officially in-game. ;)

Also @NyteRose, a question for you: how many chapters do you think Stars and the Sun will be?
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @squirrelwithacup As many chapters the story needs to be properly told. (Sorry I can't give a numerical value.)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I like the Sims 4 Vampires & Mermaids better than Sims 3.
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I like the Sims 4 Vampires & Mermaids better than Sims 3.

Yes, Mermaids seem to be able to do more in Sims 4, and I was actually quite impressed with how they did Vampires. The only thing I really hate is when vampires, usually Vlad, just comes right into your Sim’s house and autonomously drinks from them. I know there are Mods to fix that, but I wish there was an actual setting in the game where you can turn off and on the autonomous drinking if you don’t want it.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
    edited August 2019
    Members and lurkers, please keep things on topic. Comparing Sims 3 mermaids/vamps to Sims 4 is not relevant to this thread. So, again please stay on topic. Thank you.
    @squirrelwithacup Happy 1st Anniversary to Nightshade!
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @squirrelwithacup Happy 1st Anniversary to Nightshade!

Thanks so much, @NyteRose! <3 Are you all caught up on your reading yet?
    37oYgl3.png
    @squirrelwithacup Not quite yet, almost there!
    I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Ours is pretty wet at the moment, and it’s supposed to be quite hot and muggy.

@squirrelwithacup - I haven’t gotten too far with your story as of yet but plan to get as caught up as possible this week. I’ve had the writing bug and try to take full advantage when inspiration strikes. 😊 i’m looking forward to diving in though.

@squirrelwithacup Not quite yet, almost there!
    I hope everyone is having a great Sunday. Ours is pretty wet at the moment, and it’s supposed to be quite hot and muggy.

@squirrelwithacup - I haven’t gotten too far with your story as of yet but plan to get as caught up as possible this week. I’ve had the writing bug and try to take full advantage when inspiration strikes. 😊 i’m looking forward to diving in though.

I'm having a pretty good Sunday so far :) also alright guys, can't wait for you to catch up so we can have some fun discussions when my spotlight rolls around! :smiley:
    37oYgl3.png
    edited August 2019
    @squirrelwithacup @sweetnightingale
    Sorry for the late reply! Been busy working on my stand-alone sequel story in between reading both of your stories and caring for a new kitten in the house. @sweetnightingale is up this week starting Monday :)
    @squirrelwithacup @sweetnightingale
    Sorry for the late reply! Been busy working on my stand-alone sequel story in between reading both of your stories and caring for a new kitten in the house. @sweetnightingale is up this week starting Monday :)

@NyteRose - Congrats on the new kitty! ❤️ It does take a bit to settle in, but it’s amazing how quickly animals adapt. So glad you are having a good Sunday. I had a singing engagement today (I’m a professional vocalist). Then, we went to our Pen Club meeting (the hubs and I are fountain pen enthusiasts). We just got back home and I’m wiped. It was a good day though, and we had a nice time.

Yay!! I’m looking forward to some discussion starting tomorrow. Plus, I’m looking to catch up with everyone’s stories.

Oh, question - Is it ok to post links to new chapters here just in case if notifications from blog hosts get flubbed up, or would you rather we not?

Have a good night, everyone. 😊 I’m kicking back with my IPad and a glass of wine.
    @sweetnightingale Yes, everyone is free to post update links in this thread. Links to projects (a sequel, prequel, or rewrite/alternate version) that meet the Circle requirements may also be posted. :)
    This week we're spotlighting @sweetnightingale 's Forever in Time.
    @sweetnightingale the floor is yours :)
    @NyteRose - Yay!! Thank you so much. :)

Here are some questions to get us started.

1. What is your favorite part of the story and why?
    2. Do you have a favorite character? If so, who and why are they your favorite?
    3. Since I have a rather large cast of characters that will continue to grow, is there a character you'd like to see featured and developed more?
    4. What do you think of the character of Valerie? Do you believe she is redeemable?
    5. What do you think will happen with Tyrone in the wake of Lenora's apparent death?
    6. Do you think Lenora will return?
    7. How do you think this current situation will effect the family?
    If any of you are interested, I have a companion story to Forever in Time called Heartsongs and Enchantments, which can be found on this blog. Just use the top navigation menu to get to it. It features Mathilda's daughter Alina and her husband-to-be. Characters from this story will appear in Forever in Time and vice versa. It's definitely based in the Supernatural and yep, there is lots and lots of romance. There aren't many chapters up yet, but more will be added soon.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    Hey folks, we had locked the thread temporarily while we review the stories in the OP for inappropriate content. I appreciate this isn't ideal but we do need to do it when it comes to stories with this sort of content. While I'm reviewing the stories in the OP I've re-opened the thread so you folks can continue to discuss.

@squirrelwithacup @sweetnightingale @Ravenspiel
    Our thread/stories are under review by the mods. I fear we will be shut down. :(
    But I have enjoyed the time spent together on the thread and each other's stories :)
    @NyteRose - Personally, I don't think it's fair that we're being policed. We're not posting actual content - only blog links and discussion.

Since the thread is still in operation, can we continue our discussion? I've been looking forward to being spotlighted this week and would like to keep it going, along with other discussion, for as long as we are able.
    @sweetnightingale No, it isn't fair. My other reading circle has a story that deals with mature themes/subject matter and that circle isn't being policed. We are following forum rules, we are only posting links to our blogs, not the actual content.
    @NyteRose - Same with my other circle. We have mature themes there too but are not being policed. I agree. We're following forum rules and aren't posting story content. If we get shut down, I'm going to have to really think about whether or not I remain active on the forums.
    Our thread/stories are under review by the mods. I fear we will be shut down. :(
    But I have enjoyed the time spent together on the thread and each other's stories :)

I have enjoyed our time too. I feel as though, at least for my story, the content is reasonable and shouldn't be a problem. But regardless you guys are right, other threads aren't being reviewed with adult content stories.
    37oYgl3.png

I have enjoyed our time too. I feel as though, at least for my story, the content is reasonable and shouldn't be a problem. But regardless you guys are right, other threads aren't being reviewed with adult content stories.

Yes, same here for my story. My content is reasonable and shouldn't pose a problem. I certainly won't stop writing it, and my blogs will definitely continue.

Let's just hope this goes away and we can get back to having fun and enjoying each other's stories.

Yes, same here for my story. My content is reasonable and shouldn't pose a problem. I certainly won't stop writing it, and my blogs will definitely continue.

Let's just hope this goes away and we can get back to having fun and enjoying each other's stories.

Same here. Even if it were to be deemed inappropriate for the forums, I'm not quitting. My readers know where to find it. <3

I hope so too.
    37oYgl3.png
    I'm just reposting the questions in hopes of keeping some discussion going in the midst of this obstacle we're facing. I also want to say that I've enjoyed our time together and strongly hope we can continue. You all are super talented writers, and I've thoroughly enjoyed your stories. :)

1. What is your favorite part of the story and why?
    2. Do you have a favorite character? If so, who and why are they your favorite?
    3. Since I have a rather large cast of characters that will continue to grow, is there a character you'd like to see featured and developed more?
    4. What do you think of the character of Valerie? Do you believe she is redeemable?
    5. What do you think will happen with Tyrone in the wake of Lenora's apparent death?
    6. Do you think Lenora will return?
    7. How do you think this current situation will effect the family?

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top