Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 In Sims 4

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    @elanorbreton I would love if you could recreate the consignment and pet shops. I'm not picky. Whatever size you feel comfortable building. I have lots of space in my game. Thanks! ☺️
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @simgirl1010 I've done the consignment store first, I made it on a 30x30 as that is the smallest size I could fit it on, though it does not have the parking spaces off to the left. If you put it on a larger lot you could always add those to it if you wanted them.

I'm a bit disappointed as I couldn't get the same colourings for it really. I had to use the [ key to up-size the lights at the front - cannot believe TS4 has so few outdoor lights and nothing at all in the mid-height range. I also used MOO on the outdoor plants but nowhere else, and there is no cc.

08-17-19_7-25-49%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

08-17-19_7-25-20%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

08-17-19_7-25-10%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Available on the gallery under elliebreton

I will have a go at the pet store next.
    Graham's Pet Swap Shop Store:

08-17-19_8-52-40%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

@simgirl1010 hope you enjoy!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    @elanorbreton thank you so much! Can't wait to place them in game. 😊
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I'm going live shortly to begin my journey re-creating Twinbrook Sims.

You can also follow my journey via uploaded screenshots in this thread > CANON SIMS BY HESTIA ~ NO CC & NO MODS
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Great screenshots! I will try and get around to downloading your save today and having a look.

Here are my worlds, so far:

Sunset%20Valley.JPG?dl=0
    Sunset Valley has mostly my builds in it and sims from @Hestia - I downloaded the Little Corsican Bistro. I may change it and add my pool in and take out the party warehouse. I think I am going to fill Magnolia Promenade with the community Lots which are not world-specific so the warehouse could go in there.

AP.JPG?dl=0
    Appaloosa Plains, I made everything, including the sims. The Gunslinger's Saloon is not from the EA world but it is actually a favourite Lot I used to use in the Sims 3 and was originally created by someone else but I rebuilt it for the Sims 4.

Moonlight%20Falls.JPG?dl=0
    Not a lot in here! I am hoping to be able to add some sims 3 witches in here after the Realm of Magic pack comes out.

Twinbrook.JPG?dl=0
    Again, this world has a non-EA Lot in it (the drive-thru) which I loved using in my sims 3 game so I rebuilt it here. I am undecided on which community Lot to add to the last empty one.

@simgirl1010 hello! Are you making a request for those builds? If so, I am happy to make them if you just let me know what size Lots you would like them on.

I have stopped uploading my creations to the gallery as I felt like I was spamming the place, but if anyone wants anything specific I have made to be shared then please just say and I will upload.

It is looking amazing as always! <3@elanorbreton
    I think I'm running out of enthusiasm, but I made these today:

Sulani's version of the Serenity Retreat from Sunlit Tides:
    08-18-19_11-27-48%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

And Plumbbob Pictures, which has a massive photo studio inside and lots of photography opportunities around the fake backdrops:
    08-18-19_8-56-45%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

I'm looking forward to trying that one out to see if I can get some good photos out of it with my sims.
    @Hestia for some reason your save doesn't show up in my game...

I downloaded it, unzipped the file and it was save slot 2. I added it into my saves folder with my other slot saves (making sure it did not conflict with any of my own numbers first) and then loaded the game... nothing. Just my saves, not yours.

That happened to me too. I think its Sims 4 fault, not @Hestia cuz it worked when i moved my save slot 2 out of the save folder and renamed Hestia's save back to 02. Don't know why.
    I think I'm running out of enthusiasm, but I made these today:

Sulani's version of the Serenity Retreat from Sunlit Tides:
    08-18-19_11-27-48%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

And Plumbbob Pictures, which has a massive photo studio inside and lots of photography opportunities around the fake backdrops:
    08-18-19_8-56-45%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

I'm looking forward to trying that one out to see if I can get some good photos out of it with my sims.

These lots look so great, omg. hehe
    And, i know, sometimes my enthusiasm just disappears. Actually, you have more then me... If you look at my builds, there is like 4? 5? and they are really spaced out hahaha recreating stuff is harder than creating it out of nothing.
    Karon wrote: »
    And, i know, sometimes my enthusiasm just disappears. Actually, you have more then me... If you look at my builds, there is like 4? 5? and they are really spaced out hahaha recreating stuff is harder than creating it out of nothing.
    I find copying other stuff a lot easier than creating something out of nothing, cos I can never imagine something really good to build lol.

My problem is finding good lots I want to copy. Before I started this project, I think I looked at sims 3 through rose-tinted glasses, I seemed to remember loads of awesome lots with an amazing amount of stuff for my sims to do there but it doesn't seem like that at all any more. For instance, my favourite hood to play in was always Riverview and I was determined to recreate that world in the sims 4. But looking at it now, I think why did I love it so much? There are no interesting lots in there.

This week I did start making some Dragon Valley lots in Windenburg, but my enthusiasm is lacking because I have no fondness of the sims themselves from that hood. I flitted across to doing Barnacle Bay in Brindleton Bay, I got as far as doing the campgrounds and then thought... what next? I may have to face it that this project is coming to an early end.

Thanks for the advice on the save file from @Hestia I will have to give that another go.
    edited August 2019
    I find copying other stuff a lot easier than creating something out of nothing, cos I can never imagine something really good to build lol.

My problem is finding good lots I want to copy. Before I started this project, I think I looked at sims 3 through rose-tinted glasses, I seemed to remember loads of awesome lots with an amazing amount of stuff for my sims to do there but it doesn't seem like that at all any more. For instance, my favourite hood to play in was always Riverview and I was determined to recreate that world in the sims 4. But looking at it now, I think why did I love it so much? There are no interesting lots in there.

This week I did start making some Dragon Valley lots in Windenburg, but my enthusiasm is lacking because I have no fondness of the sims themselves from that hood. I flitted across to doing Barnacle Bay in Brindleton Bay, I got as far as doing the campgrounds and then thought... what next? I may have to face it that this project is coming to an early end.

Thanks for the advice on the save file from @Hestia I will have to give that another go.

You can focus on copying the lots as they were in SIms 3, and when you finish that you can renovate all buildings to suit your game style adding fun stuff to do in them! <3 That might help to give you more enthusiasm!
    Also, don't call that the end of your project, call it a hiatus, you can always go back when you feel like it.
    edited August 2019
    @elanorbreton I think lowering expectations could help ease you better. A single save file and even with all the worlds combined doesn’t give you the same flexibility and imagination that The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 had.

It’s just not possible to recreate all households and all the worlds because it’s just not as big. There are still Build tool limitations that don’t exist. That’s just how it is in The Sims 4.

It’s one of the main reasons why I stick to CAS the most and playing Sunset Valley exclusive Sims or only adding necessary Sims from other worlds.

It just doesn’t work the same.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    OLD TOWN:

Goth Palatial State, the Goth Senior house:
    MTS_Karon-1831529-01Frente.png
    MTS_Karon-1831530-02Direita.png
    MTS_Karon-1831531-03Direita.png
    MTS_Karon-1831532-04Esquerda.png
    MTS_Karon-1831533-05Esquerda.png
    MTS_Karon-1831534-06Trs.png
    MTS_Karon-1831535-07Trs.png
    MTS_Karon-1831536-081Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831537-091Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831538-102Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831539-112Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831540-121Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831541-13Jardim.png
    MTS_Karon-1831542-142Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831543-15.png
    MTS_Karon-1831544-16.png

Download here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/624943/no-cc-the-sims-01-01-the-goth-palatial-estate.html

@Karon You didn't have to go off like that but you did 👏👏👏 This is the kind of thing I want to do for my game (especially the New Orleans feel architecture from The Sims Unleashed) but I don't know if my computer will run TS1 for me to get some good reference shots. Anyway thank you for blessing us with this content.

And to everyone else's hard work on their TS3-4 conversions! Y'all are amazing :star:
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2019
    @elanorbreton OMG your builds are AMAZING! <3 The Langeraks were always my favourite family.
    Thanks for your comments, ladies :) (I'm assuming you are ladies from your names/avatars but my apologies if I got that wrong).

I don't mind missing some households and community lots here and there, I'm not looking to get things exact. I'd just like each Sims 4 world to represent (to me) a sims 3 World for this project.

I had started to make Dragon Valley builds for Windenburg because the setting seemed to suit, but it needs a lot of lots in there and I never played any of the families from DV so have no fondness of them. I am thinking maybe to make it into Riverview after all and just adjust the exterior of the RV homes to suit the Windenburg surroundings. There are a LOT of families I like in Riverview so that world would be suitable for them because it has the most space. I think that will be my next move.

@Simanite I'm fairly sure you are a guy, so I wasn't including you in the 'ladies' comment lol. Thank you for your wonderful praise <3 I always loved the Langeraks too.
    Just thought I would drop in with my Dragon Valley builds.

The cairn (which is a graveyard in TS3, a museum in TS4):
    Cairn.png?dl=0

The Swimmers Safety Practice Pool:
    Pool.png?dl=0

And this one is called the Rookery. Not sure if that is an actual DV lot or just one I created in TS3, but I quite liked it so decided to replicate:
    Rookery.png?dl=0
    @elanorbreton Just a thought:

Have you considered using an entire separate save file with all the lots empty for more freedom of space with builds? I think this may contribute to a better experience. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    Not sure what you mean @Hestia

When I started my project, I started a new save and bulldozed all the lots. Slowly filling them all up with my sims 3 builds...
    @elanorbreton Allow me to clarify. At least one or more save files dedicated for lot building (due to size restrictions and unable to place own lots) which can give more freedom to build. Then you can place those built lots on saves for playing. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited August 2019
    storyy wrote: »
    OLD TOWN:

Goth Palatial State, the Goth Senior house:
    MTS_Karon-1831529-01Frente.png
    MTS_Karon-1831530-02Direita.png
    MTS_Karon-1831531-03Direita.png
    MTS_Karon-1831532-04Esquerda.png
    MTS_Karon-1831533-05Esquerda.png
    MTS_Karon-1831534-06Trs.png
    MTS_Karon-1831535-07Trs.png
    MTS_Karon-1831536-081Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831537-091Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831538-102Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831539-112Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831540-121Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831541-13Jardim.png
    MTS_Karon-1831542-142Andar.png
    MTS_Karon-1831543-15.png
    MTS_Karon-1831544-16.png

Download here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/624943/no-cc-the-sims-01-01-the-goth-palatial-estate.html

@Karon You didn't have to go off like that but you did 👏👏👏 This is the kind of thing I want to do for my game (especially the New Orleans feel architecture from The Sims Unleashed) but I don't know if my computer will run TS1 for me to get some good reference shots. Anyway thank you for blessing us with this content.

And to everyone else's hard work on their TS3-4 conversions! Y'all are amazing :star:

@storyy Thank you! <3
    Also, you don't need to worry, i'm goign to rebuild all of the houses in the most accurate way i can and then i'll release a save file for everyone to enjoy.
    Hestia wrote: »
    @elanorbreton I think lowering expectations could help ease you better. A single save file and even with all the worlds combined doesn’t give you the same flexibility and imagination that The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 had.

It’s just not possible to recreate all households and all the worlds because it’s just not as big. There are still Build tool limitations that don’t exist. That’s just how it is in The Sims 4.

It’s one of the main reasons why I stick to CAS the most and playing Sunset Valley exclusive Sims or only adding necessary Sims from other worlds.

It just doesn’t work the same.

@elanorbreton You could also embrace Sims 4 alternate timeline and only rebuild the families and houses you loved the most, creating a limit for your expectations. Sims 4 is so limited, but sometimes we forget that.
    BTW, i'm guys, but i don't feel ofended by being called a Lady. Women is the most powerful thing in this world, and it should be a compliment.
    So far this weekend, I have worked on Riverview homes/families in Windenburg.

Lucky's home, Skunk Haven:
    Skunk%20Haven.png?dl=0

The Broke family compound:
    Broke.png?dl=0

I also made Remington's Ruse with the Jones couple, the Ivanov caravan, the Crosby couple single-wide and Hal Breckenridge with his garage apartment.
    Garage.png?dl=0

I converted the Lin Split home into a Windenburg style (still the same inside though):
    Split.png?dl=0

With some cute little back yards (I couldn't fit the entire length on the lot).
    Split%20Gardens.png?dl=0

The trouble with making Riverview is I want to play ALL of the families haha.
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    So much nostalgia in this thread and I love it. Everyone's work here is amazing. Thank you for sharing.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
    @ShadyLady89

giphy.gif

I'll be posting some more screenshots once I'm done with my Moonlight Fall Sims. :) I need to look over the entire Sunset Valley library once again before I update a save file.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    The trouble with making Riverview is I want to play ALL of the families haha.

hahaha i know that feeling.
    I think that if you plan really well how its going to be, you can play with all of them eventually.
    edited August 2019
    Sims 3 to Sims 1 in Sims 4:
    Mango Family:
    MTS_Karon-1867950-Superimposed1566364660732.jpg
    Magnus Mango from Aurora Skies
    MTS_Karon-1867951-Superimposed1566364818635.jpg
    MTS_Karon-1867952-Superimposed1566365447418.jpg
    MTS_Karon-1867953-Superimposed1566365593680.jpg
    Matthew Mango from Isla Paradiso
    MTS_Karon-1867954-Superimposed1566365754049.jpg
    MTS_Karon-1867955-Superimposed1566365838914.jpg
    MTS_Karon-1867956-Superimposed1566365934194.jpg

Magnus Mango used to live in Aurora Skies, where he reached the top of the Military career, but suddenly his brother passed away forcing him to be transferred to New Crest to take care of an orphaned teenage Matthew. Are these two going to get along, or will Magnus's methods drive young Matthew into a military madness like he did to Maru Mango?

Download them here: Mango Family