Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite type of custom world?

2...Next

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    A large world with 20 lots to build. Forests, swamps. yellow brick roads, labyriths, hollows & the woods.

Oh I like the sound of that!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    A large world with 20 lots to build. Forests, swamps. yellow brick roads, labyriths, hollows & the woods.

Oh I like the sound of that!

I must have missed that one me too sound fabulous :)
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    My favorite worlds are tropical or ones that have a beach but with lighter colored water. Sunlit Tides is my favorite EA world and right now I'm playing a custom world called Arendale where I have to add the community places, houses, and sims.

I like a little of everything in a world. I love a city area, an island or tropical area, a suburb area, a rural forested area, a rural farm area, etc. I also like filling in some or most of the world myself but I don't mind population. I like a variety of sims too so supernatural sims roaming about with human Sims doesn't bother me. I like having larger lots too, like 50x50 and bigger. Since I typically add lots I like some flat, road connected areas. The most annoying thing to me about some of the EA worlds is finding a nice flat spot to put lots on only to discover it's unroutable terrain.

Honestly I'm willing to try any world. Preferably medium or large but I like some small ones too.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I'm thinking of making an Adventure world where one place opens up another using the hidden island markers with the WA tombs. How fun to play... well, not so much for me because I'll know all the ways to the next area. :(
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

I really love where your creator world thinking hat is at the moment as I skip from one of your worlds to another to play lol I love the sound of this new one if it becomes a reality :)
    @Rflong7

I really love where your creator world thinking hat is at the moment as I skip from one of your worlds to another to play lol I love the sound of this new one if it becomes a reality :)

Thanks! :mrgreen:
    I've been thinking about it, slowly. I'm not a skilled tomb builder and I'd have to see how far each of the settings on the Hidden island markers reach. It's do able, I think. :sunglasses:

OP, you'll find some people will love the worlds you love to make and some people won't. You have to find your style and do it. :)
  • AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I prefer
    Base game only (No CC, No EPs. even though I have all EPs I usually do not play with all of them at the same time so CC worlds are somewhat limiting in this. Also I don't a lot of CC more than I already have. )
    Good layout - I saw some worlds that looked as unfinished in the edges...
    I usually prefer unpopulated.
    Medium.
    Regular lot sizes as mentioned above me. (the 19X53 kind of lots are really frustrating)
    I like that EA worlds have a lot of space between lots - I think some space should be kept, the lots shouldn't be too crowded.
    I usually like more flat area (easier to build on) with some mountains/beach or river/both - like Sunset Valley or Riverview.
    I think there are too many islands as CC worlds whereas I don't think the game needs so many island in addition to Isla Paradiso and such. I assume it's easier to create an island in CAW as far as the hidden camera setting (I played with CAW a little bit myself), but I like the land more.
    @Rflong7
    Omg! That would be perfect for my super heroes xD

• AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

OP, you'll find some people will love the worlds you love to make and some people won't. You have to find your style and do it. :)

It is sounding a bit like that, it seems :smiley: But I'm still really enjoying hearing everyone's take! :blush: I'm 15K x down with CC if this new world you speak of becomes a reality, it sounds perfect!! :love:
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited August 2019
    I like to play a world that resembles someplace real not a hodge-podge of every terrain possible. I also don't like every kind of lot jammed into one world either. I like 1024X1024 worlds better than 2048X2048 ones. I do not like one huge world with horse farms and high-rises and beaches and swamps. Instead I like having a swampy world, Twinbrook is just fine, I can play in when I want. A beach town or island I can live in or visit. A rural town, love Riverview, for horses and farms and Appoloosa Plains is OK. A city, Bridgeport is OK. but would like something different.

Palm trees and mountains in one world breaks my suspension of disbelief, as does snow and palm trees. Others may be fine with it but for me it takes away some of the joy. If I could play pretending my sim was on an acid trip then I could possibly enjoy every kind of terrain, weather, activity and occult all in one world. But I generally play a little more realistically.

But everyone has their preferred play style so I think if you build your world true to what you like that would be fine with most players.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Anyone try Stones Throw Island or Paradise Island from the Exchange?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    Palm trees and snow is a real thing in our world. And it is called "World" in TS3, which is how I like it. :)
    Anyone try Stones Throw Island or Paradise Island from the Exchange?

No.Do you have links? When I google Stones Throw, it brings up the greenhouse.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited August 2019
    @GraceyManor I found a Stones Throw Island on the Exchange.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8311118

Edit to add: Doing a Google search alone is not enough. You need to do an advanced search on the Exchange.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @GraceyManor here's Paradise Island https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6642263
    I wanted to know if they work correctly and truly have only base game trees & stuff... it's an empty world. I'm looking for one to build my own lots. I liked the looks of it.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com