Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want Sims 4 University

John DoeJohn Doe Posts: 71 Member
I want Sims 4 University!
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Comments

• Options
    dreidzdreidz Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm just copy / pasting a comment I made in another thread about my thoughts on this expansion:

"Every time they announce a new expansion, I hope it's University... I didn't have the hardware to play much of the sims 3 at the time, so the last I played that expansion was in Sims 2. And wow, how many hours have I spent Streakin... I mean, studying. *Cough*
    Personally, I love to create The Perfect Sim. I like to create 2 adults, make them master most or all the skill points and make the CEO of whichever career I have chosen for them. Then the fun starts. Start a perfect family. Then all my attention goes to their offspring(s).
    I think Sims 2 AND University were the best to ensure that the Children were even Better than their own parents.
    Why do I say the Sims 2?

Because back then, children born In-Game (Not in CAS) would get more Personality Points than their parents. If you chose your Their PP just Right, you could almost make a perfect Child.

Then how fun was it to try and convince the Dean that YOUR Child deserved to go to a Private school. Master all skills in order to get more funds for College? Get more career opportunities than the other Uneducated Sims ?

It felt rewarded for studying in sims 2.

I play with long Life-Span Option, and I have to say that it is not rewarding to have "A" for doing your homework and... that's it... I can skip school and just go back a bit before becoming a young adult and my Grade will go back up.

Now that I've been to College Myself, I would LOVE this expansion to come back. University is still my favorite of ALL the expansions (4 generations)."
  • Options
    kitkat5786kitkat5786 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm curious about how they would make university as opposed to sims 2 or 3. I mean, they can't just make it exactly the same. I think that people will be disappointed with it regardless of how they make it. People will probably either say that it is too different or too the same as previous. No shade to the sims team but I have a feeling that there would be a lot of, I wouldn't say 'cut corners' per se, but because one of their main decision making aspects to the game, in general, is to be less laggy than the open world that was sims 3, they have made some packs less than exciting. For instance, sims 3 pets included cats, dogs, horses, snakes, turtles, birds, rodents, lizards, deer, and raccoons. Sims 4 was just cats and dogs. I am personally not mad about it because my laptop struggles as it is and sims 3 became completely unplayable after isla paradiso for me so I am fine with them not giving as much if it means I can play it without my game crashing. But I worry that people are expecting too much from what sims 4 university might end up being. I mean, look at sims 3 generations vs parenthood. Parenthood is one of my favorite packs and yet it still pales in comparison to generations imo. I know people want university but it is probably a pack that people should be grateful is taking a long time to come out because that means it might actually be worth buying when it does.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Schools, Colleges & Universities for all Sims.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    kitkat5786 wrote: »
    I'm curious about how they would make university as opposed to sims 2 or 3. I mean, they can't just make it exactly the same. I think that people will be disappointed with it regardless of how they make it. People will probably either say that it is too different or too the same as previous. No shade to the sims team but I have a feeling that there would be a lot of, I wouldn't say 'cut corners' per se, but because one of their main decision making aspects to the game, in general, is to be less laggy than the open world that was sims 3, they have made some packs less than exciting. For instance, sims 3 pets included cats, dogs, horses, snakes, turtles, birds, rodents, lizards, deer, and raccoons. Sims 4 was just cats and dogs. I am personally not mad about it because my laptop struggles as it is and sims 3 became completely unplayable after isla paradiso for me so I am fine with them not giving as much if it means I can play it without my game crashing. But I worry that people are expecting too much from what sims 4 university might end up being. I mean, look at sims 3 generations vs parenthood. Parenthood is one of my favorite packs and yet it still pales in comparison to generations imo. I know people want university but it is probably a pack that people should be grateful is taking a long time to come out because that means it might actually be worth buying when it does.

The Sims 2 didn’t have what you listed above and the University expansion (the very first Sims 2 EP) was fantastic. I strongly suggest for you to give that a try. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2019
    Personally, I hope they concentrate on education and not partying, which has been done to death. All the people I went to college with, recently, are more worried about taking large class loads, working on the side, and kids if they have any, not bars & partying, which can lower grades or make it difficult to get to class and learn. Also, the sims that wanted to could just visit another good as there are loads of bars around.

I hope they do make an education type EP. I hope they start at preschool, elementary, highschool, college, and bring back the babysitting career. I think the college concept could work in different age levels of education. Once you have classes and teaching in, just adjusting it for age groups. A teaching career would be great and getting your start as a babysitter or preschool teacher, working up to grade school, then to highschool, and finally a college teacher would be great. Principal, bb coach, and Dean could be the branch off careers.

I too would really like to have an Education type EP, but after farming, at least. I would say one or the other will be next, but then look at Strangerville, because no one saw that coming. Those two Eps would certainly round the game out so much, by giving different lifestyles, things to do, and career choices in areas many simmers enjoy playing with.
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    I agree with @davina1221 . Looking at the history of the TS4 packs so far, they're gonna wanna make it about drinking and frat parties but they need to NOT. Like if they're gonna listen to us for any of these packs they NEED to get University right. We don't want party central. We want quirky realism. We need classes and dorms. Get Together can handle having clubs and frats, maybe just give us some more options for the different categories. And once it comes out, we shouldn't be able to take any of the careers without going to uni for it first.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited August 2019
    I agree with @davina1221 . Looking at the history of the TS4 packs so far, they're gonna wanna make it about drinking and frat parties but they need to NOT. Like if they're gonna listen to us for any of these packs they NEED to get University right. We don't want party central. We want quirky realism. We need classes and dorms. Get Together can handle having clubs and frats, maybe just give us some more options for the different categories. And once it comes out, we shouldn't be able to take any of the careers without going to uni for it first.

Yes. I love the dorm idea as well and it shouldn't be hard since City Living with it's apartments are already in game. And, yes, Get Together could handle clubs from grade school to college and the party crowd without the need to add that to the University/ Education pack.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

emphasis mine

I assume you mean once we've purchased and installed the university pack, because I'd be pretty annoyed if it comes out in November and I can't buy it until January so any Sims that age up from teenager to YA in December can't get a job.

There are also several career paths in Sims 4 where University shouldn't be required at all (Criminal comes to mind) or should serve as an additional boost instead of a required first step (Culinary, entertainer, actor, politician, painter, writer are all careers in the real world where you don't need a formal education in that field to get started) though since having an A in high school will start you at level 3 of a career, I'm not sure how many steps Uni should let you skip.

That said, I do agree that University/Education should be less about partying and more about expanding school and maybe some extra curriculars via the clubs system from Get Together. (And I'd like my children and teens to have more after school options than Drama Club or Scouts. Robotics club, sports teams, gaming club... something.)

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

emphasis mine

I assume you mean once we've purchased and installed the university pack, because I'd be pretty annoyed if it comes out in November and I can't buy it until January so any Sims that age up from teenager to YA in December can't get a job.

There are also several career paths in Sims 4 where University shouldn't be required at all (Criminal comes to mind) or should serve as an additional boost instead of a required first step (Culinary, entertainer, actor, politician, painter, writer are all careers in the real world where you don't need a formal education in that field to get started) though since having an A in high school will start you at level 3 of a career, I'm not sure how many steps Uni should let you skip.

That said, I do agree that University/Education should be less about partying and more about expanding school and maybe some extra curriculars via the clubs system from Get Together. (And I'd like my children and teens to have more after school options than Drama Club or Scouts. Robotics club, sports teams, gaming club... something.)

The Doctor career should definitely be one you have to go to uni for.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I'd rather they add some new careers which could only be gotten after finishing uni than change any of the existing careers, especially GTW careers cause it would not be fair.

But more than uni I'd like an education pack with Educator as an active carrer (from Kindergartenteacher to Collegeprofessor or dean), but that would probly be smaller and more of a GP...I'd like it though, way too much focus on media and partying than education in the sims4.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Maybe instead of making Uni a requirement for existing careers, it could be that completing a university run would allow a Sim to start at a higher level in the specific career that their course/studies relate to. That wouldn't essentially disable available careers but still provide an incentive to go to university before starting a career.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Maybe instead of making Uni a requirement for existing careers, it could be that completing a university run would allow a Sim to start at a higher level in the specific career that their course/studies relate to. That wouldn't essentially disable available careers but still provide an incentive to go to university before starting a career.

I agree. I don't think it would make much sense to include careers that requires degrees, but they should definitely enable you to get a jump-start on them. Particularly if they involve new careers that correspond to new degrees.