Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with Magnolia Promenade?

2...Next

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Lol I always forget that place exists. But maybe I should do something with it.

I need a spot for a vet clinic, so I can put one there. Another store could be a grocery store, selling fruits and vegetables. Does anyone know if that's possible in-game?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    @Gordy I’m not sure, but it sounds like it would work! Let us know if you do it, that’ll be fun to see.

I ended up filling up MP with a café, restaurant, a combo bar/café, and a retail lot with three shops. Don’t know if I’m suuuper happy with it, but we’ll see!

I’m really enjoying hearing what everyone did(or didn’t do haha, love the honesty) with MP! Thank you everyone who has responded so far! C:
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Basically a shopping center with stores and restaurants.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I turned it into a performing arts school. Dorms, Music Production, Dancing & Singing, and Acting.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    In the file I'm playing right now, I just demolished The Roadstead to build my own shop. I might do the same to JF&S, but I'm keeping Paddywack's Emporium - where else am I going to get my space rocks from? (Apart from actually going to Sixam, that is.)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm rebuilding it all right now, my plan is for a shopping mall/group of retail stores on the larger lot, then a cinema, bowling alley and a restaurant. Done the cinema and bowling alley so far. I think it works well as a community lot area really, plus I don't need more residential lots.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have Chez Llama there and a fancy resort hotel with a bar/lounge, salon, spa, retail shop, pool, and guest rooms on the biggest lot and I use LMS Resort and Hotel mod to make it a working hotel. Then on one smaller lots I have a Chanel store and on the other a high end bridal boutique. So it's sort of a Sims version of 5th Avenue in NYC or Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills CA, I guess.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I'm using MP for community services. I have a Council House there, and a creative build, called Fun Factory. It contains a theatre, meet and greet area, small studios fror freelancers etc. Also planning a hotel, and have a big bakery/bank combo.

It feels like a relief having one world with no residential lots, LOL
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    Nuthin
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    @Gordy I’m not sure, but it sounds like it would work! Let us know if you do it, that’ll be fun to see.
    Just checked with a convenience store I built in Sulani. It works.

Sadly though, I can't sell Voidcritter booster packs in stores. Otherwise, I'd have a store based entirely around Voidcritters merch. But I keep a computer at the store lot, so my sims can order packs when they visit.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    @Gordy I actually made one as well after reading your original post! :> I've yet to play around with it yet, but I also installed a mod that overhauls cooking and includes and ingredient system so shopping for groceries makes more sense in-game.

Its here if you feel like checking it out vv
    http://www.srslysims.net/2019/03/srslys-complete-cooking-overhaul.html
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Emptied it
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    I have Le Petit Fee Restaurant, Hipster Gastro Pub, Sam N' Ella's Diner and Laughing Llama Rollerrama - so three restaurants ranging from dive, mid-range, to super fancy and a roller rink. I kind of wish there were more lots so I could make it a larger business district. I never used it with the original shops. I could never get the hang of retail in the game.
    @Cellardweller Same! Even just a couple of districts with 2-3 lots each, so I could make a cluster of restaurants/cafes, some retail lots, and a couple to do something different with.
    Heres to hoping for bigger future worlds!(Gotta love Windenburg, its huuuuge)