Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @Jordan061102 I have The Sims 1 and I can confirm that a single neighborhood from that iteration contains a lot more lots than The Sims 4.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    in addition to what @Jordan061102 has said, these are some of the "big things" that EA/Maxis and off course, the gamechangers have exaggeratedly hyped for shady reasons and don't really do plum other than oblivion,
    • gallery update
    • the rebrand patch
    • golden toilet from GF
    • talking toilet from CL
    • rabbithole careers from IL
    • all the instagram plums from GF and MSP
    • the same instagram plum from IL
    • the laptops in SV. (just an inventory-able computer)
    • moschino stuff pack itself
    • LGBT patch as pandering

You forgot the third person view. I'll always remember how SimmerJonny hyped me for nothing. :unamused:

*first
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    in addition to what @Jordan061102 has said, these are some of the "big things" that EA/Maxis and off course, the gamechangers have exaggeratedly hyped for shady reasons and don't really do plum other than oblivion,
    • gallery update
    • the rebrand patch
    • golden toilet from GF
    • talking toilet from CL
    • rabbithole careers from IL
    • all the instagram plums from GF and MSP
    • the same instagram plum from IL
    • the laptops in SV. (just an inventory-able computer)
    • moschino stuff pack itself
    • LGBT patch as pandering

You forgot the third person view. I'll always remember how SimmerJonny hyped me for nothing. :unamused:

*first

Oh thank you. :smiley:
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Jordan061102 I have The Sims 1 and I can confirm that a single neighborhood from that iteration contains a lot more lots than The Sims 4.

What a shame...
    Lu4ERme.gif
    @Jordan061102 I'll load in and show you. :) One moment...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited August 2019
    @Jordan061102 Here you go. :)

OvVQl8o.png

INDEX

R = Residential
    C = Community
    E = Empty Lot

^ The above can be changed at any time and you can empty the entire neighborhood to adjust it the way you like.

TOTAL AVAILABLE LOTS: 41

----

Image courtesy by Sims Wiki.

latest?cb=20151205012246

TOTAL AVAILABLE LOTS: 21

latest?cb=20151205012343

latest?cb=20151205012449

TOTAL AVAILABLE LOTS: 15

latest?cb=20151212204708

TOTAL AVAILABLE LOTS: 27

latest?cb=20180220213358

TOTAL AVAILABLE LOTS: 18

latest?cb=20171110172654

TOTAL AVAILABLE LOTS: 16

latest?cb=20181029123447

TOTAL AVAILABLE LOTS: 11

latest?cb=20190621022510

TOTAL AVAILABLE LOTS: 14

----

Even though The Sims 1 gave us fixed lots just like The Sims 4, they managed to give us more way back then in a single neighborhood. The very first Sims game offered us more ways to be creative than the latest iteration.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

OvVQl8o.png

INDEX

R = Residential
    C = Community
    E = Empty Lot

^ The above can be changed at any time and you can empty the entire neighborhood to adjust it the way you like.

----

latest?cb=20151205012246
    Willow Creek - Image by Sims Wiki

----

Even though The Sims 1 gave us fixed lots just like The Sims 4, they managed to give us more way back then in 2000 than 2014. The very first Sims game offered us more ways to be creative than the latest iteration.

Pretty sure you can add more neighborhoods also if you click on the arrow up top on the niehgborhood screen in TS1.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    @Sigzy05 Yep. They will, however, be seen as a "New Save File" because they do not connect with each other. So in total, it is still 41 available lots.

I haven't even counted how many other lots are available from the other sub-hoods.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    The number of available lots since City Living drastically went down. Such a shame.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2019

OvVQl8o.png

INDEX

R = Residential
    C = Community
    E = Empty Lot

----

latest?cb=20151205012246

latest?cb=20151205012343

latest?cb=20151205012449

latest?cb=20151212204708

latest?cb=20180220213358

latest?cb=20171110172654

latest?cb=20181029123447

latest?cb=20190621022510

----

Even though The Sims 1 gave us fixed lots just like The Sims 4, they managed to give us more way back then in a single neighborhood. The very first Sims game offered us more ways to be creative than the latest iteration.

That's really disappointing, I didn't know about TS1, so TS4 is officially the iteration with the most awful worlds. People like to say ''but it's like connected worlds, so it's a big world'' but it doesn't work for me. When I put my sims in a world, I want it to be big, that's as simple as this.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited August 2019
    @Jordan061102 Exactly.

On a side note, I plan on streaming The Sims 1 this weekend. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Jordan061102 Exactly.

The Sims 1 is honestly so much fun. I made a household of eight Sims and moved them up into that big house right at the top right corner of the neighbourhood, after which I just watched to see what sort of trouble they'd get into. I made a lot of personality extremes (one Sim was super messy, one was super active, one was super nice, another was very mean etc.) to mix it up.

Last week when I watched them there was a massive fire that killed two of them, the party girl Lulu and the head of the house, George. I managed to get someone to reason with Grim to at least save George but they lost, though Grim brought him back as a zombie with no personality. So then everyone had to go to Old Town to find the wise woman who could finish resurrecting him, but after that he still had no personality, so I had to get Billy the Builder (who'd randomly spent 12 hours on a telescope one night without any input) to make a personality reversing potion on the chemistry set (which would fill all of George's personality bars and make him literally perfect seeing as they were all emptied by the zombie process).

In the process of making potions Billy turned himself invisible three times, almost died after drinking a nasty one, maxed everyone's needs with blue ones, turned another Sim (Randy) into a monster who went on to break every electronic in the house and made a potion that made Bella Goth fall madly in love with George before he FINALLY made the personality reverser to turn George into a super sim.

Lulu still haunts the house and swims in the floor though.

THAT is the kind of chaotic madness that The Sims 4 can't touch with a fifty foot barge pole. An entire, utterly ridiculous adventure I could never have anticipated. I have screenshots too once I get back to my PC.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Billy is my hero.
    MADNESS.png
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I think among the biggest reasons why I'm not looking forward to the end of TS4 (and admittedly, I was so far lucky and didn't encounter any of the legitimately game-breaking bugs) is microtransactions and online-only game.
    Probably isn't the implication, but they worded sounds like somebody from investors would say (TS4 should continue to thrive when it receives micro-transactions and online-only :D
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Jordan061102 Exactly.

The Sims 1 is honestly so much fun. I made a household of eight Sims and moved them up into that big house right at the top right corner of the neighbourhood, after which I just watched to see what sort of trouble they'd get into. I made a lot of personality extremes (one Sim was super messy, one was super active, one was super nice, another was very mean etc.) to mix it up.

Last week when I watched them there was a massive fire that killed two of them, the party girl Lulu and the head of the house, George. I managed to get someone to reason with Grim to at least save George but they lost, though Grim brought him back as a zombie with no personality. So then everyone had to go to Old Town to find the wise woman who could finish resurrecting him, but after that he still had no personality, so I had to get Billy the Builder (who'd randomly spent 12 hours on a telescope one night without any input) to make a personality reversing potion on the chemistry set (which would fill all of George's personality bars and make him literally perfect seeing as they were all emptied by the zombie process).

In the process of making potions Billy turned himself invisible three times, almost died after drinking a nasty one, maxed everyone's needs with blue ones, turned another Sim (Randy) into a monster who went on to break every electronic in the house and made a potion that made Bella Goth fall madly in love with George before he FINALLY made the personality reverser to turn George into a super sim.

THAT is the kind of chaotic madness that The Sims 4 can't touch with a fifty foot barge pole. An entire, utterly ridiculous adventure I could never have anticipated. I have screenshots too once I get back to my PC.

The Sims 1 was hard. Absolutely, ridiculously hard sometimes to accomplish what you wanted but so rewarding when you did. Just getting my Sim's girlfriend to marry him was ridiculously hard. I loved it. Still do.

The Sims 3 too easy, the Sims 4 ridiculously easy. No challenge whatsoever.

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member

OvVQl8o.png

INDEX

R = Residential
    C = Community
    E = Empty Lot

----

latest?cb=20151205012246

latest?cb=20151205012343

latest?cb=20151205012449

latest?cb=20151212204708

latest?cb=20180220213358

latest?cb=20171110172654

latest?cb=20181029123447

latest?cb=20190621022510

----

That's really disappointing, I didn't know about TS1, so TS4 is officially the iteration with the most awful worlds. People like to say ''but it's like connected worlds, so it's a big world'' but it doesn't work for me. When I put my sims in a world, I want it to be big, that's as simple as this.

I want it to be my world. The way I like it. With community lots, parks, residences I made.

edited August 2019
    Probably the lack of direction for this game since start is what ruined it. Focus too much on revolutionizing on how Sims act based on feelings (emotion) should have been done with the help of W. Wright. He maybe well have know how to do it, since he relied of human behavior he studied which put said knowledge in investing this genre The Sims series is known for. Also, thinking that throwing wee little bit of partying and superficial socialization narrative in a game, that is loved and popular for family/genetic/legacy play, was doomed to fail. I wish we known better from the start.

Than again, poor management and Olympus is what reflects how TS4 isn't getting enough credit. Pretty much almost to everything, every corner is shown that love and passion for the franchise was gone after TS4 release. Not much of laid back engagement is shown with the community from sims team, as it was some back in TS3. At least we now learn from it to be wary of these stuff. TS5 is the last chance, and if it will repeat the mistake(s) of TS4 - I don't want anything to do with it or be apart of it. I will be gone and erase the two games from my memory. Maxis and ea can suck on it; celebrate if they wish that I'm one complainer down and gone.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    im really upset that i had to buy island living just to collect all of them, i would have gladly paid for jungle adventure and strangerville full price instead of the 40 DOLLARS they are selling it for. this just isnt an "Expansion"
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2019
    affleck11 wrote: »
    im really upset that i had to buy island living just to collect all of them, i would have gladly paid for jungle adventure and strangerville full price instead of the 40 DOLLARS they are selling it for. this just isnt an "Expansion"

You didn't have to buy it.

Or, if you really felt like you had to see that circle in your main menu filled, you could've waited. Island Living is already 29 bucks on Origin. It will soon be half off in the coming weeks.

Definitely take it as a learning lesson though. I do not buy Sims 4 expansions until they're half-off, at the least. I've been skipping many packs lately because of how poor quality they are.
    If anyone is interested, my Sims 1 Livestream will be up soon.

wB2Zykl.jpg
    The stream is up! If you have any feedback on it let me know. Voice your opinions on how you feel the Sims 4 lacks and how it should move on to the next iteration by seeing the features we had here.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Jordan061102 Exactly.

The Sims 1 was hard. Absolutely, ridiculously hard sometimes to accomplish what you wanted but so rewarding when you did. Just getting my Sim's girlfriend to marry him was ridiculously hard. I loved it. Still do.

The Sims 3 too easy, the Sims 4 ridiculously easy. No challenge whatsoever.
    Sims 1 focused on achieving things. Making money, having a clean house, building up relationships, that was the core of the game, that being hard to do. Personally for me that was the downside (the reason I quit playing even), only being busy with making them survive. It was the concept but not a concept I need to see return. Sims 3 and 4 being ‘easy’ just comes down to the speed their need bars fill. For me the game doesn’t need to be ‘harder’ in that respect, because it’s an approach that adds grind to the gameplay. Eating, sleeping, working, cleaning, eating, sleeping, working, cleaning, I hate grind. I prefer it they tried to find challenge and fun doing different things than that for simmers.
    5JZ57S6.png
    With needs (and with pretty much other stuff) realism and fun must be strive for balance. Having Sim to eat and sleep every four hours is a no no (If that's how it felt in TS1; I never played it). Honestly, the rate of each motive should vary while corresponding to real life on how often they had to be filled:

Hunger: three-two times a day.
    Bladder: one-three times a day ?
    Hygiene: one time a day / one time within three days.
    Energy: one time every day.

Of course, there will exceptions if they do things that logically rapidly drain them (like sleep when overworking).
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    With needs (and with pretty much other stuff) realism and fun must be strive for balance. Having Sim to eat and sleep every four hours is a no no (If that's how it felt in TS1; I never played it). Honestly, the rate of each motive should vary while corresponding to real life on how often they had to be filled:

Hunger: three-two times a day.
    Bladder: one-three times a day ?
    Hygiene: one time a day / one time within three days.
    Energy: one time every day.

Of course, there will exceptions if they do things that logically rapidly drain them (like sleep when overworking).
    I played the game for a couple of hours and funny enough it’s then that I fell in love with the franchise. Still I never opened it again because of this. My daughter did play the game a lot and recently worded it as: “It was unrealistically hard, it didn’t make sense.” Now, Sims doesn’t have to be realistic of course, but I think it should be in terms of life simulating to some extent. It does have to make sense. Like, yes, I can play a witch or a genie or a mermaid or an alien and they’re not realistic, but when I play one it should feel as if, if they existed, things very probably would work like that for them. Like you say, there needs to be a balance. I do understand why it’s a concept people embrace by the way, but I don’t think we necessarily need to go back to that to have a good Sims game again. Funny enough Sims 4 is grindy for me as well at times by the way, in a different way.
    5JZ57S6.png
    I think it’s interesting how Plumbella, as an EA Gamechanger is coming out a lot more critiquing on what is lacking of in The Sims 4.

https://youtu.be/NbbynN2Xoe4

I think we might see the same going on with James Turner, a.k.a The Sims Supply.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top