Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to fix this stair glitch without destroying the lot?

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
zMIeQ7i.jpg
They climb the stairs and turn around go back down them.
I know its because other stairs are stacked on top.But I don't want to tear apart the house.
I didn't build it and I don't want to remodel it because I like it.But its the only home I found that fits my needs, but my sims can't go back upstairs.

I tried moving them ever so slightly to the left or right, but they don't fit and the floors would need to be renovated.

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sometimes just deleting and then undo works on some difficult stairs. Worth a try....
    I'm not quite understanding the stairs in your screenshot - is it one set of stairs or two?
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Sometimes just deleting and then undo works on some difficult stairs. Worth a try....
    I'm not quite understanding the stairs in your screenshot - is it one set of stairs or two?

Its two sets of stairs, one below the other.I'm pretty sure that's the issue.
    I tried the undo thing, and it didn't help, was worth a shot though.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I might as well put a copy here (I hope that's allowed):
    Turjan wrote: »
    I think I have yet to see a lot in game that allowed for placing of stacked staircases out of the box. It seems to be a golden rule that staircases must always be oriented in the wrong direction. It's kind of funny, as the chance should be 50/50.

By the way, if you don't want to rotate the lot, you can just rotate the stairs. A 90 degree orientation should allow for stacked stairs. Of course, there usually isn't enough space for that.

Another option, if it's a square lot and doesn't have a "beautiful vista" bonus to lose, you can always go into Edit Town and rotate the empty lot itself before you place the building. The goal is to have those arrows on the empty lot point in the same direction as the stairs. Back or forth doesn't matter, just the main direction.
    edited August 2019
    68366112_357446688512923_2586827608033329152_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQkmd4V_7uKFK-SanfNidlYSIUOP1g0s_yfo5PvziP6tGuhoxOjE8vHuKyOWJBwRHDM&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=e8ca644bb93abc5334bb0733585e8692&oe=5DE6A898
    This is what they look like I know they're weird stairs lol.

Yeah, no there's no beautiful vista moodlet to lose.
    I'll try rotating the lot next time I play, and see if that helps.
    @Turjan
    Rotating the lot so that the arrows faced the right way worked! Thanks!
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I'm glad you got this fixed!