Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Miss the Repo Man?

phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
In previous versions of the Sims, when you didn't pay the bills, the repo man came in with what looked like a leaf-blower, scouted out your house, then suctioned up an item or two that were worth about what you owed. Sometimes he'd grab the upstairs toilet or the only bed in the house, but it was always an event!

Do you miss the repo man? Or do you prefer the threat of your utilities being turned off?

4TJdLHA.png
Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports

Do You Miss the Repo Man? 211 votes

I liked the repo man more than utilities getting turned off.
40%
CK213GoldmoldarMandarine586IdontrcallIcewolfJasejeepjeepcatMadstarletkeekee53BloosmooMeteoraStormMizz_TriceyMikeytIrdiwenTiipiiSavorySagedrake_mccartyLizzychicagoTheGreatGorlonChanty25 85 votes
Utilities getting turned off is better.
50%
Akl500PBluegayleicmnfrshKita5399GalacticGalLaBlue0314gameliaIceyJSimmervillestoryyColorist40lisamwittAngel_mixPlayerSinger2010Writin_RegSimburianelanorbretonPipersfun2AnmirlaMariefoxprice83 107 votes
I've only played Sims 4, but I like things the way they are.
4%
cheifeagleeyemebagl15HopeyStarrAmandèlecitysimmerhermioniaAriaMad2AngeliqueAdelaideKimmer 9 votes
I've only played Sims 4, but the repo man sounds better.
4%
phoenixstar188EnderGamer87cheescaeksJasonschick80whimreapernerdfashionlzbthnndglsSimlie20CaprianaBzuzix99 10 votes

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The utilities being shut off is more realistic and actually makes sense. The repo man was annoying.

The only reason so many people claim to miss the repo man is because of nostalgia of previous Sims games. I mean, does it REALLY matter if he's in the game or not? Why is it such a big deal to have him back?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2019
    The utilities being shut off is more realistic, but the repo man was funny. Loved when he took a dirty toilet.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't like any of the options. I would prefer utilities being turned off if it actually meant anything in the Sims 4. The fact that sims can still eat and live easily without power actually bothers me and doesn't inspire me to keep my bills paid. :D
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Wish there was an option for liking both.
    While the idea of the repoman was rather weird since he was the "Pay your bills or the boogeyman will come and take your toilet" guy I still liked having a consequence for not paying them.

Like recently I spent who knows how long fishing violins and other aquatic life from the desert world while completely neglecting my bills, because who cares if my power goes off? There's off the grid items I tend to buy in case I don't have enough money or forget to pay the bills, but funnily enough they just serve to make me forget to pay the bills even more. Not really any consequences for avoiding them.

Of course I'm just one person and my play style doesn't represent the majority who might actually be affected by the power outage.
    I like... both I think? Haha.
    As it stands right now, after the utilities are off, nothing happens. Would be cool if the first things to go were the utilities, and if you don't pay after that, the repo man shows up.
    Pretty much this, if he was put into the game they should implement him this way. Like give a warning a week in advance after the power is cut before he comes and takes something.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    Repo man :) As imo the current thing is too easy, It would be more "fun" if the repo man comes and takes your grand piano because again you simply forgot to pay your sims bills :)
    (I keep forgetting those bills all the time, I never forget to pay in sims2)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I would really like a more realistic version of the sims, but that would require many changes to the existing game. The game currently allows far too many exploits to easily make money as it is.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited August 2019
    The utilities getting shut off is more realistic, but right now there are no real consequences as the sim can pay the bill at any time and there are no "reconnection fees." I liked the repo man as the sims would go so crazy and it was a funny sequence.

I think the utilities shutting off would be better if there was more lasting consequence - like late fees, a delay in the utilities getting turned back on (like they have to wait for 2-4 hours) or an embarrassed moodlet, or something... (maybe our sims need a credit rating?! Ha!!).
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Would be nice if the repoman showed up a day or so after utilities were shut off to give you a friendly, helpful reminder.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    God I miss that beautiful man stealing my expensive toilets :(
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Although I dread whenever I see him/her pay a visit to my sims's house, I like that it gives a consequences which I have to pay bill next time/.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I was thinking that I wanted both,but after reading the above posts, I don't want the repo man.
  • SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    I prefer utilities being turned off, BUT the other day the repo man came and all he took was a ceiling light and a birthday cake :D
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yeah .. no I'd rather they not put the resources into them unless more variety in gameplay and interactions were added in.. like fight, bribe or seduce maybe. Move him in to exact revenge and claim your stuff back!
    I remember in Sims 2 I only had him visit a few times before they trained me of being afraid of not paying my bills. I took up black widowing to make money... so the repo man made me deviant! I also remember hiding stuff in my sims inventory just in case if the money wasn't rolling in just to keep him from taking stuff if he showed up.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited August 2019
    Cement wrote: »
    God I miss that beautiful man stealing my expensive toilets :(

toilets? Repoman took my rare sun gem. *cries*

I probably wouldn't mind a mixture of either repoman coming or utilities shutting off.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I want them both in the game.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2019
    I much prefer the way it is now with the utilities instead of the repo man taking my sim's stuff. In Sims 3 when I knew the repo man was coming I took all my sim's belongings and placed it all in their household inventory. The repo man would show up, and then complain that my sim didn't own anything for him to take.

I would do that until I got Supernatural, and then I would use that stone to either poof the bills away or turn them into gold bars. lol I had to make sure my sim had a death flower in their personal inventory because there were several times it would turn my sim into gold statues.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wasn't sure how to answer this, since there isn't an option for both. I like the utilities getting shut off, it's more realistic, but I wish the repo man came after awhile. Your Sims can live just fine without the power, so it's not as much of a consequence as say, having your fridge taken.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I liked the repo man. It was a bit more random because I he always came for random items. I mainly miss him because sims 4 cut down on so many service npc's. Cutting off power works for me as well.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    I've only played Sims 4, but the repo man sounds better.
    Sounds hilarious. I always forget to pay the bills in the game, so this'll be a real treat for me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    edited August 2019
    I miss most other NPCs, the repo man is not one of then. Utilities going off is much more realistic than some guy with a reverse leaf blower swooping up my toilet when I don't pay the bills.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2019
    I prefer the repo man I like meaningful consequences that add to game play obviously they went with the easiest path as usual seeing as this is Sims 4.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    I agree with you all saying that the utilities make more sense than a random dude say, taking your toilet or a random decoration. But like the above ^^ the repoman added actually consequences to the game. I had to be mindful with bills in previous iterations. Now I can forget with not many consequences, you can still maintain a sim with no power or water and bills don't stack if you don't pay, and there's not much real about that.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I miss the repo man, but I do still enjoy the utilities being switched off. I'd love if the switch off was the first stage and then if you failed to pay your bills even after that the repo man would show up. Like @ChadSims2 says, it made it feel like your choices actually impacted the game. I miss NPCs like the repo man so much.