Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freelance Photography Career

Is anyone else having an issue receiving the approved pictures in the mail? My sim had one say it was approved the day after she sent it, still had a couple days before it was due and still had not received her picture in the mail to post it to simstagram by 2 hours before it was due. I have had to cancel 2 gigs because this has happened twice already. The only one she has been able to complete is the one where the Style Influencer has to meet with her and such. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I haven’t had this happen, but I’m finding the way the personal inventory stacks the pictures to be an issue. Is there some kind of book or something so we could see what pic is what before we submit it?
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I'm not sure, so far I take them out while paused sort thru them and fix the frame and filter of one at a time (using the outside wall of her house lol she doesn't have much wall space left) and then put the one in inventory and send it. She got a few rejections but then one of a celeb got approved, but never received it back so she could post it
  • sunnyg10sunnyg10 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am also having a problem getting my approved photos back.
    I hope they fix this, I'm really enjoying it, but id like to get credit for her work , she'd done all the parts but post it, maybe it will fix soon
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    It's a bug, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-MSP-Fashion-Photographer-Don-t-get-approved-pics-back/td-p/8112538 so far I have only gotten Landscape photos delivered back to the mailbox.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    After a couple of days check your household inventory, I've found a few have been sent there instead of the mailbox.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
    logion wrote: »
    It's a bug, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-MSP-Fashion-Photographer-Don-t-get-approved-pics-back/td-p/8112538 so far I have only gotten Landscape photos delivered back to the mailbox.

Thank you for the link, I went ahead and clicked ME Too
    simm621 wrote: »
    After a couple of days check your household inventory, I've found a few have been sent there instead of the mailbox.

I just made a new character to try and I will be sure to check there too if I do not receive one back in the mail
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I thought this was only affecting apartments. Anyway, when I moved my Sim to a house it worked for me.
    Not sure, my sims have lived in houses, I have not had any of them live in an apartment
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    My sim is an apt and I’m having the same issue with the approved pictures not coming back.

Also looks like the only way to sort thru pics is to put them on a wall and go from there. But that digital frame can help, I’m
    taking any pics I don’t plan on submitting and add it to that frame so there is less in my sims inventory.

Eventually he’ll move into a house with a studio attached and have room to display everything but right now he’s a starving artist. Quite literally if he can’t get paid for gigs! I hope they fix this soon.
    I had remade a new sim to try this on, and it did in fact come to his household inventory, I was able to take it out and put on the wall long enough to grab for his inventory and post it to simstagram! Thank you for the help on that, it was really frustrating, I am just glad it worked
  • ocrush1987ocrush1987 Posts: 3 New Member
    Anyone having problems with getting the work task, "get photo approved" to work ? I got the notification my pictures were approved, and this task wont complete.
  • ocrush1987 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with getting the work task, "get photo approved" to work ? I got the notification my pictures were approved, and this task wont complete.

I am. I have gotten the photos approved before and then the task doesn't complete. Which is why Im not going to use the photographer career until they announce a fix.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Simmify wrote: »
    ocrush1987 wrote: »

I am. I have gotten the photos approved beifore and then the task doesn't complete. Which is why Im not going to use the photographer career until they announce a fix.

its fixed @simmify
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    I just bought Moschino, like a week ago? It was the only pack I didn't own yet. How long ago did they "fix" it? @comicsforlife

Simmify wrote: »
    I just bought Moschino, like a week ago? It was the only pack I didn't own yet. How long ago did they "fix" it? @comicsforlife

I think it was the day before yesterday @Simmify
  • Simmify wrote: »

I think it was the day before yesterday @Simmify

Okay I'll give it a try. I was having issues yesterday! @comicsforlife

• goodcakebaker62goodcakebaker62 Posts: 35 Member
    I am not getting a notice to submit my photos for approval.
    I also played mine last night, and this is not fixed. Now the tasks won't complete at all for getting photo approved or posting the pics to fashion simstagram. Ugh very frustrating. I tried repairing my games, and still doesn't work.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'm having issues too, I just ended up leaving the career, it's bugged like crazy.
    How does one submit these bugs go get fixed ?
    ocrush1987 wrote: »
    How does one submit these bugs go get fixed ?

there is already a bug report for this its called Freelancer: Tasks not getting checked you can find it at ea answers hq
    please go and click me to the more it gets the better @ocrush1987
  • Jean wrote: »
    I'm having issues too, I just ended up leaving the career, it's bugged like crazy.

yeah thats what i did. i had problems, after the "fix"

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited September 2019
    I never used to have problems with the photography career until the 9/5 update. I used the new fence & stair railing as well as the new configurable stairs feature & now tasks either won't complete or they all complete but I don't get paid & gig doesn't close out.

Going to test which, if any, of the three mentioned is causing the problem. Also, only mods I have are MCCC & UI cheats. May be a day or two before I can check but I'll let you know.
    Post edited by Starfree on