Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About the Freelance Photography career

Hi there, I'm a bit confused. In that career it offers gigs but when they come around they said they fail or just disappear. What am I missing? I expected to go somewhere and take the shots that the gig offers. Obviously I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. <3

Comments

• YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    did you read the gig instructions in the Job part in the UI? it says what to do...

-Yarden.
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited August 2019
    Perhaps my game isn't working properly then, @Yardenro. All that is in that section is a couple of icons one that says invite your colleagues and the other one shows a gig icon, but nothing about what to do just what day it is happening. When the day comes up, nothing happens.

• BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @Jendowoz0612 Are you by chance using the UI extensions mod? If you are, that maybe you is your issue and you need to update it.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

That is a very good point, @BMSO thank you, I haven't updated it since the newest update. I'll do that. Thank you so much, for the reminder. :)<3

• CeltianaCeltiana Posts: 13 New Member
    Is anyone else having problems with the tripod? my sim just stands there and does nothing when I try to get her to take a photo of someone. I have tried moving things around in her apartment so nothing is in the way of it, and I've tried using it outside of the apartment too and the same thing happens. I think she's going to get fired from her job as a fashion photographer because she's rubbish :wink:
    @BMSO that fixed everything, thank you so much! for that reminder, I really appreciate it. <3

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Celtiana wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with the tripod? my sim just stands there and does nothing when I try to get her to take a photo of someone. I have tried moving things around in her apartment so nothing is in the way of it, and I've tried using it outside of the apartment too and the same thing happens. I think she's going to get fired from her job as a fashion photographer because she's rubbish :wink:

The tripod seems to be buggy right now. It's also reportenly causing sims to freeze.
  • CeltianaCeltiana Posts: 13 New Member
    Catloverplayer, yes that is what is happening with me, then they walk off. so I tried inviting sims back to her apartment, manage to get a photo with them meeting the requirements but the job check'listy thing is not recognising that I've done it.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Almost everything seems to be working fine for me.

Just don't submit any Landscape photos. They don't work and you'll never get them back after approval, submit only portrait pics when doing a gig.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2019
    gettps wrote: »
    Almost everything seems to be working fine for me.

Just don't submit any Landscape photos. They don't work and you'll never get them back after approval, submit only portrait pics when doing a gig.

You've got it backwards. It's the portrait pics that you're supposed to avoid. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-MSP-Fashion-Photographer-Don-t-get-approved-pics-back/m-p/8119982/highlight/true#M101545
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Possibly. It's the one that comes up by default. Just don't change it.