Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow vs Moonlight Falls: Let's VOTE

Which town do you like best and why? :)
giphy.gif

Midnight Hollow vs Moonlight Falls: Let's VOTE 60 votes

Midnight Hollow
26%
Emily4331Anmirladreamerz13alanmichael1jillbgGabbyGirlJstarguruDillynJameselelunicySweetJealousybecks1112budewarminNikkei_Simmer[Deleted User]ItsJaniernightowl1 16 votes
Moonlight Falls
73%
nickibitswardjaletu2005PlayerSinger2010Bloosmooyesme88SurrealyoashmoParyApparentlyAwesomezagboorulesDamienf519MikezumiemorrillcwaddellSimplyJenAquariusMomLlandros2012yoshi_dragur2012IreneSwiftBettyboop55 44 votes

Comments

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Moonlight Falls

I actually love both, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸's has been my favorite since I started playing the sims 3 and Supernatural was the second EP hubby bought me. I love the ambiance of the town and the architecture and it has lots of lots open that I can build on or add venues. SV didn't give me that option and the ambiance is that of just any town in America and that was where I grew up and hated it and couldn't wait to leave. :lol:

With a lighting mod Midnight Hollow is now a very playable world for me as well. I have my main legacy family living in MH.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    The problem I've always had with Midnight Hollow is it is just too dark but I love the houses so I usually place them in other worlds.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    Moonlight Falls was the second town I ever played in (after Sunset Valley) and I love the whole supernatural stuff. It´s a beautiful town.

Midnight Hollow has just awful lighting and the surrounding hills do strange things to the camera. The houses and townies are great, I often place them in other towns.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Moonlight Falls

Moonlight Falls is more playable right from the box, but as far as the town layout I like Midnight Hollow better.

I've played Midnight Hollow with the towns people but never Moonlight Falls. I always fill it with my own sims. I like to play with mainly humans and maybe one or two types of occults, and usually not that many of them.

I like the style of buildings in both towns but replace all the haunted landscape with regular ones and lighten and brighten the terrain paint and surfaces of all the building materials and furnishing in the MH lots. I am in the process of redoing all the lots in MH and then plan to take it into CAW to remove all the dead trees in the areas outside of the lots. With all the tall regular trees it could still be a dark and mysterious place but not so unrealistically dark. With most of the haunted vegetation replaced the use of it in some places such as the graveyard and a vampire lounge could be more dramatic and give a sense of doom and foreboding.

After reading this I maybe should have voted Midnight Hollow but I really like Moonlight Falls too.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Midnight Hollow
    I just have to vote for Midnight Hollow, because when you play with a lighting mod, you discover a marvelous town! So many colors and great architecture!

tgw01-24-30-2.jpg?w=660&zoom=2
    NymlADp.jpg
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Midnight Hollow
    jillbg wrote: »
    I just have to vote for Midnight Hollow, because when you play with a lighting mod, you discover a marvelous town! So many colors and great architecture!

Which lighting mod do you use for MH?
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    TroyTalks wrote: »
    Which town do you like best and why? :)

Since I don't own Midnight Hollow, I have to go with Moonlight Falls. I love the magical feel of Moonlight Falls <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    I don't like Midnight Hollow at all, almost never play there. It's just too dark, like stumbling around in an eternal night. Outdoor decorating and/or activities are hopeless.

And the trees look horrible, all black and dead, and the ground is a sickly mix of black and red, not covered with nice green grass as it is in the other worlds.

And one of the premades is Roderick Synapse, and he is a character I can't stand, yuck! :s
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited August 2019
    Moonlight Falls
    I love both of them. I chose Moonlight Falls in the poll, because I play there more than MH. MH has a dark and creepy beauty, and is so atmospheric. MFalls by comparison is fresh and woodsy.
    They're such opposites but both so lovely.

edit - for the love of pete, we can't even use Moonlight Falls abbreviations without being censored? This forum is absolutely pathetic sometimes :s
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    That's a tough one! I love Moonlight Falls and all the townies that live there, they are so interesting and great to have in a town. I also love Midnight Hollow, the only complaint at all is that it is too dark, I know it is supposed to be darker, but I often have too much trouble seeing anything there, maybe it's my bad eyes because I have adjusted computer settings, otherwise tho I really love that town too, the townies there are great too. I wish they could combine them and put them in Moonlight Falls just so its a tad brighter. but have all the same folks of each.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I could not choose because I really like both worlds I especially like the atmosphere/lighting in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 however I also like MH world which I fill with wacky wonderful characters..

I do agree that MH does look better with a lighting mod as @jillbg's lovely picture in that world shows above :)

@becks1112

I could be wrong but I believe the following lighting mod is the one @jillbg is using in her pic..

https://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/post/62465381974/this-lighting-mod-was-made-to-replace-the-lighting
    Midnight Hollow
    @SPARKY1922 Right! It's the one, so much easier on the eye... :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member
    Moonlight Falls

I've never played in Midnight Hollow so I am a bit biased.
    Moonlight Falls
    jillbg wrote: »

I have a different lighting mod and now I wish I had that one AND Midnight Hollow. LOL!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    This was sort of a tough one for me but I went with Moonlight Falls because it's a little bigger and I get more use out of it. Currently playing in that world now (but this isn't my first time).
    tumblr_oupebyEcUV1ssiu0eo1_1280.png

I still really enjoy Midnight Hollow. That world is just so unique. Highly recommend burntwaffles lighting mod already linked here. I have that paired with two default mods for terrain (log in required) & plants.
    tumblr_nttf04XfhT1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    edited August 2019
    Moonlight Falls
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    This was sort of a tough one for me but I went with Moonlight Falls because it's a little bigger and I get more use out of it. Currently playing in that world now (but this isn't my first time).
    tumblr_oupebyEcUV1ssiu0eo1_1280.png

I still really enjoy Midnight Hollow. That world is just so unique. Highly recommend burntwaffles lighting mod already linked here. I have that paired with two default mods for terrain (log in required) & plants.
    tumblr_nttf04XfhT1ssiu0eo1_1280.png

If I had this world, I'd download those two mods you linked! Awesome! Edit: Bookmarked on the off-chance I get that world for my birthday in October.(I don't count on it though, as it's been years since I last got a Store World)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    Midnight Hollow
    @HillyBeth I bought everything EA released as soon as it became available - including Midnight Hollow, but I only played it shortly, using winter with lots of snow, to lighten it up a little :# I never really realized the beauty of it before I discovered Brntwaffles lighting mod. I strongly recommend both, as I now think they can't be separated. The world is beautiful and the characters are well done and so different looking. It comes with savvy seller, which opens up a whole new game play. So if you have the occasion, go for it! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    Midnight Hollow
    @SimplyJen I use aminova's special plant mod, too, for Midnight Hollow! The black flowers are too depressive... I use her other ones for my other world to tone the colors down a little :) I haven't tried the terrain one, though. I have it downloaded, but as I preferred the greyish scale for my story, I didn't install it and forgot about it. You made me want to try it now! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    While I like the building designs in Midnight Hollow and the bold, unique fashion sense of its occupants, I really appreciate Moonlight Falls' simple yet elegant beauty its natural landscape has to offer.

U2lu1za.png

HkzHKW8.png

(These are some old pictures I've taken for MF and sorry for recycling them over and over again whenever someone brings up the town because I love it so much >.< )
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2019
    Moonlight Falls
    🐸🐸🐸🐸.

For the fact MH seems to be located on the dark side of a tidally locked planet.... :p

edit: Oh WoW! O.o The acronym "🐸🐸🐸🐸" for MOONLIGHT FALLS is censored to "plum" now?!? The plum bot censor has truly evolved into having a saucy imagination. LMAO
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Moonlight Falls

edit: Oh WoW! O.o The acronym "plum" for MOONLIGHT FALLS is censored to "plum" now?!? The plum bot censor has truly evolved into having a saucy imagination. LMAO

^That's what I was thinking too! So ridiculous... :unamused:

There are way worse words/terms/acronyms on here I feel should be plummed, but...oh well.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Midnight Hollow
    Midnight Hollow.

It just has such character once you get past the lighting issues (I use lighting mods anyway so it's not much of an concern to me). Moonlight Falls is nice but Midnight Hollow has more character.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Midnight Hollow
    I like Moonlight Falls, but I love Midnight Hollow.

MH has beautifully detailed architecture, quirky residents, and a unique atmosphere. I’m partial to Gothic Victorian/steampunk themes and find myself playing in MH more often than in M/F.

Arguably, MH’s biggest drawback is the dimness, especially when it comes to building and remodeling. However, I’ve long been in the habit of creating/editing most of my lots in a blank world which I use solely for building. Simply playing the world—with or without a lighting mod—is fine for me, although I do prefer it with one. But I was already accustomed to using lighting and other environmental mods for other worlds, so using them for MH was more about aesthetics than making it brighter for me. I like that it is gloomy! xD

Being what I would consider more of a niche world, MH doesn’t suit every Sim. But it’s ideal for my brooding poet/painter who resides in the basement of an old chapel I placed next to the cemetery. It’s also my fave town to play vampires in, and suits my other dark occults better than anywhere else (other than possibly the bayou area of Twinbrook, which I also love). My current occult household in MH consists of a dark genie-fairy who lives in a Gothic mansion and is raising a stolen vampire baby... I can’t think of a better location for them.

MHsunset_zpsbeppd1ml.jpg
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited August 2019
    Moonlight Falls
    I don't even own MH, though I have considered buying it for the houses that other players have said are so good, which I could place in other towns. Aurora skies is too dark for me to play in without getting an eyestrain headache, so I know I definitely could not play in MH.