Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would hope with all these game events coming soon, EA would say something big about The Sims 20th next month. It seems fitting they would announce something big, but I digress.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I would hope with all these game events coming soon, EA would say something big about The Sims 20th next month. It seems fitting they would announce something big, but I digress.

I've learned to never except big things with Maxis/EA. Since the beginning of this messy iteration the only thing that deserves to be called big was Toddlers.
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited August 2019
    in addition to what @Jordan061102 has said, these are some of the "big things" that EA/Maxis and off course, the gamechangers have exaggeratedly hyped for shady reasons and don't really do plum other than oblivion,
    • gallery update
    • the rebrand patch
    • golden toilet from GF
    • talking toilet from CL
    • rabbithole careers from IL
    • all the instagram plums from GF and MSP
    • the same instagram plum from IL
    • the laptops in SV. (just an inventory-able computer)
    • moschino stuff pack itself
    • LGBT patch as pandering
    y'all got bread?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2019

God I wish they'd just announce TS5 at this point and start anew with a whole new team behind the game. This iteration is such a mess and such a cash grab it's unbelievable.

Although, TS5 could be an even bigger cash grab, so...honestly I think all is lost. Either the fans gain some grey matter and stop buying this shell of a game TS turned into or it'll get much worse.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    With Realm of Magic, my concern, assuming we're getting a new town, it will end up exactly like Vampires. We'll get witches, but a world with only 5 or 6 lots.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    With Realm of Magic, my concern, assuming we're getting a new town, it will end up exactly like Vampires. We'll get witches, but a world with only 5 or 6 lots.

I do hope it is a bigger world too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019

Sims does not turn 20 until Feb of 2020.

Also with rumors of 12 eps (if those rumors are true even) for Sims 4 not even counting gps and sps - I still think it will be a while before they get going on a Sims 5. I also believe Sims 5 will be in the Atlas Project and that still has more development still to come yet also. Some rumors say 3 more years for that at least.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I purchased Game Packs and Expansion packs throughout this sale. I gotta say... holy cow do we have so little space to build on...
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    @AHolyToilet Speaking of EA, check out the recent outrage on the successful Apex Legends because EA took a twist into profiting the franchise even more by introducing a ridiculous loot box.

Apex Legends Loot Box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQ8n9AruVk

Anthem Lead Developer Quits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J_l2P_m6j0

----

Sigh. I'm on the fence at this point whether they will make TS5 and bother improving on what they have provided us so far.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I hate to say it but if we think the sims 4 is a cash grab why woud a sims 5 be better? I think they know they can still get a lot of money, from this iteration in the franchise, so why quit when the money is still rolling in. They will milk the cow till she's dry. Then they will probably drop it like they did with the sims 3.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I think among the biggest reasons why I'm not looking forward to the end of TS4 (and admittedly, I was so far lucky and didn't encounter any of the legitimately game-breaking bugs) is microtransactions and online-only game.

It's impossible to mention those things without mentioning Freeplay & Mobile, both of which live on microtransactions and FP has become completely unplayable for me because of them (I don't play Mobile). FP has events that are not possible to finish without either ridiculous amounts of grinding, being online and playing 24/7, or purchasing LP bundles. The fact that TS4 already had timed events that are no longer available to players already doesn't feel right to me.

I hope that when TS5 does come out, it will not go in that direction but I'm really not eager to find out, not just yet or anytime soon. With the above-mentioned Apex loot boxes, that direction feels inevitable, unfortunately.
    I don't miss any of the timed events. It defeats the purpose of The Sims as a sandbox simulation game. If they want to patch it in for us to play and achieve at any given time, sure.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    I don't miss any of the timed events. It defeats the purpose of The Sims as a sandbox simulation game. If they want to patch it in for us to play and achieve at any given time, sure.

I'd absolutely vote for that to happen in a patch. As a game completionist, having items in the game that I know I can no longer get without cheats is frustrating.
    @darrenfroggy Yep! A 20-Year Sims Anniversary event that can be completed any time with cool unlockables would be nifty. I wouldn't mind at all having timed events for an MMO or some other type of multiplayer experience but that isn't what The Sims is all about. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Sims does not turn 20 until Feb of 2020.

Also with rumors of 12 eps (if those rumors are true even) for Sims 4 not even counting gps and sps - I still think it will be a while before they get going on a Sims 5. I also believe Sims 5 will be in the Atlas Project and that still has more development still to come yet also. Some rumors say 3 more years for that at least.
    With all due respect (and I really mean that, I know how that expression can come across), but the fact they are probably indeed planning I don’t know how many other packs for I don’t know how many more years as long as I don’t know how many will continue buying, this doesn’t change the fact many of us just simply regret that and think they’d better pack it up. And of course if there isn’t a better game across the corner for us that’s too bad, but nobody knows that. It doesn’t change the fact some of us don’t think Sims 4 (read: the franchise) should be dragged on this way. That doesn’t mean I don’t grant people who love it all their game, but I grant them that in a similar way as they grant me the idea of it to stop and to start focusing on a successor.
    5JZ57S6.png
    I hate to say it but if we think the sims 4 is a cash grab why woud a sims 5 be better? I think they know they can still get a lot of money, from this iteration in the franchise, so why quit when the money is still rolling in. They will milk the cow till she's dry. Then they will probably drop it like they did with the sims 3.
    Them dropping Sims 3 actually made it better, because it is as it is now, no patches or whatever can harm it anymore. Actually the only problem the game suffered after 2014 was when they decided to pick it up one more time and tie it to Origin.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 No more patches made it a lot easier for modders to have their own fixes and custom content without being broken consistently after each update. That is an aspect I will always commend about The Sims 3!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    @JoAnne65 No more patches made it a lot easier for modders to have their own fixes and custom content without being broken consistently after each update. That is an aspect I will always commend about The Sims 3!
    Exactly. It’s why the system of a numerous amount of patches and DLC is far from ideal for the player. I do praise how EA seems to adress issues more frequently than they did before, I can’t praise it’s apparently necessary though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    @AHolyToilet Speaking of EA, check out the recent outrage on the successful Apex Legends because EA took a twist into profiting the franchise even more by introducing a ridiculous loot box.

Apex Legends Loot Box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUQ8n9AruVk

Anthem Lead Developer Quits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J_l2P_m6j0

----

Sigh. I'm on the fence at this point whether they will make TS5 and bother improving on what they have provided us so far.

EA is amazing. I can't wait for the Dragon Age 4 debacle next ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Them dropping Sims 3 actually made it better, because it is as it is now, no patches or whatever can harm it anymore. Actually the only problem the game suffered after 2014 was when they decided to pick it up one more time and tie it to Origin.

You know what you're right. I didn't think about it that way. I'm loving Nraas mods in the game and I can keep the same save for a super long time.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
    edited August 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Exactly. It’s why the system of a numerous amount of patches and DLC is far from ideal for the player. I do praise how EA seems to adress issues more frequently than they did before, I can’t praise it’s apparently necessary though.

It is nice that they do address them frequently, the issue I have is how many come back after the fix and then may go unfixed after that point. I recall the sims 3 being the punching bag for people talking about lag in the game, however the simulation lag a lot of players experience is still on lingering in the sims 4 and they cannot seem to pinpoint what causes it. Some say cleaning out your tray regularly helps, others say playing offline fixes it but for some people even doing these things it doesn't fix the lag. And I'm not sure if the modder who's done the fix is still updating. I know like 3 or so people have already taken over the mod and continued it, but since reinstalling i haven't added mods back so I have been looking to see if it's been updated. I still see the simulation lag myself on a fresh install never using mods or CC and even after repairs with every patch, cleaning out my tray and playing offline I still see it so I've just chalked it up to the game. It's not to the point where I cannot play, but it's still very noticeable.

*ETA im not trying to compare the two exactly because I don't want this to become a comparison just trying to make a point because I find it ironic*
    edited August 2019
    Did a double post instead of editing lol
    edited August 2019
    in addition to what @Jordan061102 has said, these are some of the "big things" that EA/Maxis and off course, the gamechangers have exaggeratedly hyped for shady reasons and don't really do plum other than oblivion,
    • gallery update
    • the rebrand patch
    • golden toilet from GF
    • talking toilet from CL
    • rabbithole careers from IL
    • all the instagram plums from GF and MSP
    • the same instagram plum from IL
    • the laptops in SV. (just an inventory-able computer)
    • moschino stuff pack itself
    • LGBT patch as pandering

You forgot the first person view. I'll always remember how SimmerJonny hyped me for nothing. :unamused:
    Post edited by Jordan061102 on
    Lu4ERme.gif
    I purchased Game Packs and Expansion packs throughout this sale. I gotta say... holy cow do we have so little space to build on...

Yeah, I come alive again when I open the map view of TS3 or even TS2. Not sure but I think TS1 had bigger worlds too?
    Lu4ERme.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top