Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic - Astronomer / Astrology / Moonology career

Hai! I hope this gets to Simgurus somehow to look at my idea.

I'd like Realm of Magic, or perhaps future werewolf pack, to have this astronomer career focusing on the Moon cycles (other planets too but more rabbit hole like).

By that I mean...
•Sims get to see the Moon cycle again! Full, waning, waxing, new moon.
•Not only is the moom changing again, BUT we can add in Eclipses! Lunar Eclipse, Solar Eclipse, Blood Moon, Blue Moon, Harvest Moon, etc.
•If player has Seasons installed, then we may have an event that pops up - "Watch the Eclipse" and have Sims to complete event go to observatory or even home telescope to view the moon/sun! Of course they will put on those funky sunglasses to protect eyes, and if Sim didnt and tried to shield eyes with hand, then they can get Dazed moodlet haha.

I want to make an old wizard Astronomer, Galileo style, in robes and long beard, living in his Tower with a spiral staircase and plenty of dusty books. Would be so cool! And an old telescope, and perhaps ink and paper and feather pen to write his work, for alchemy and astronomy/astrology stuff. Studying moon, they can also introduce astrological signs and predict fortunes for Sims (ya know like, capricorn, you will find unique rock today in the park!) And such, and love horoscopes to see match making!

I really want Victorian/Medieval theme, with dragons, flying Brooms, harp for music, alchemy, tons of fun spells, and more! I love the Vampire skill tree, I hope Witches get that too! We have been waiting so long for it and I hope it fulfills our hopes and dreams 💖

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I thought Nostradamus, was the astrologer, the one thought out to be a prophet?

I definitely want Lunar cycles, I was hoping it would come out in a pre-Werewolves GP Patch, but I guess a Pre-Realm of Magic Patch would do fine too. As Long as that ugly Supernatural Glow isn't making a return. I would like Universal Cosmic power. Spells like, summoning Meteors from the Heavens and unleash thy fury, upon Neighborhoods. *Bonus points if you get that reference.*

As for Style I would enjoy a Medieval World, Medieval Fashion, Kind of out of the Arthurian Legend, I'd like a clash of some Baroque Fashion and architecture as well!

Personally I'm not one for stereotypes, I'm not going to dress my sorcerer, like he's a witch or a Wizard, with the blue pointy hat, a beard and robes. I want to dress my Sorcerer up, considering in my story He's part of the French/English Nobility, Royalty. I would love peasant stuff too. I want my Characters to look epic casting spells.

I hope it's a Medieval world at it's core.
    I can't wait to have an adventure and Explore and then conquer the Realm of Magic for my own purposes.
    My Sorcerer is going to be the master of Magic. Lord Kaegan, Royal Court Advisor to King Henry of Briarheart, and Arch Mage of the Council of Mages.

At this point I just hope the Magic looks good and I can finally play my way!

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Love your ideas, @MasonGamer! I was just thinking also of constellations. Would be amazing to have some constellation stars on the sky, that may move kinda like natural yearly cycle brings certain constellations (like llama, plumbob, freezer bunny, dragon, vampire bat, etc).
    Itd be great to have a scope / portable telescope for that "travelling on boat or land astronomer and scholar" look. And yea I'd still want the astronomer career not just for stereotypical Galileo looking sims. I'd love a dreamy astronomer young man who finds himself a mermaid and seeks inspiration in the waves and the stars
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »
    Hai! I hope this gets to Simgurus somehow to look at my idea.

I'd like Realm of Magic, or perhaps future werewolf pack, to have this astronomer career focusing on the Moon cycles (other planets too but more rabbit hole like).

By that I mean...
    •Sims get to see the Moon cycle again! Full, waning, waxing, new moon.
    •Not only is the moom changing again, BUT we can add in Eclipses! Lunar Eclipse, Solar Eclipse, Blood Moon, Blue Moon, Harvest Moon, etc.
    •If player has Seasons installed, then we may have an event that pops up - "Watch the Eclipse" and have Sims to complete event go to observatory or even home telescope to view the moon/sun! Of course they will put on those funky sunglasses to protect eyes, and if Sim didnt and tried to shield eyes with hand, then they can get Dazed moodlet haha.

I want to make an old wizard Astronomer, Galileo style, in robes and long beard, living in his Tower with a spiral staircase and plenty of dusty books. Would be so cool! And an old telescope, and perhaps ink and paper and feather pen to write his work, for alchemy and astronomy/astrology stuff. Studying moon, they can also introduce astrological signs and predict fortunes for Sims (ya know like, capricorn, you will find unique rock today in the park!) And such, and love horoscopes to see match making!

I really want Victorian/Medieval theme, with dragons, flying Brooms, harp for music, alchemy, tons of fun spells, and more! I love the Vampire skill tree, I hope Witches get that too! We have been waiting so long for it and I hope it fulfills our hopes and dreams 💖

What do you guys think?

Hell yes! I love dragons and hope they get their own pack dedicated to them so they will be fleshed out.

And I’m dying for any magic/paranormal related career. So disappointed that vampires can’t get their own special night gothic esque career like working as a fortune teller or in a mausoleum. Hell, I’d even love a mortician career!
    t0j4i8.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    We need Solar Flares, Sailor Moon, Full moon to turn Werewolves, Red moon for Armageddon, Astrophyics career/skills, ancient Magi, Thor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Stargate SG1 & Star Wars 1 to 8.