Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Store...Do you miss it?

Hey!

I have just downloaded all of my Sims 3 games and I went on the store. I think I forgot how accessible and fun it is! I had 1000 points left so I am buying some bits. My question is, with all of the stuff packs we have been given with TS4, do you miss the store? I feel there was more content available and more choice for different style players? What do you think?

Comments

• thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    Honestly not really. I found that it was a bit expensive.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I loved The Sims 3 Store! I think the reason I loved it was each set that came out was unique and centered around a specific theme (steampunk, goth, country living, circus, etc). It allowed me to pick and choose the sets or individual items from sets that I loved and wanted in my game. It was a very personalized experience and I never felt like I needed to have the content. I know we aren't being forced into purchasing stuff, game and expansion packs but for a collector like myself I feel like I need to buy all the packs. I'm sure that's all part of their strategy with Sims 4 but I do miss having an optional store to pick and choose the things I liked and wanted in my game.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I miss buying exactly what I wanted.
    There were times where I only wanted a couple of items in a collection.
    I don't miss some features being held hostage unless you buy everything in the collection.
    It was also expensive for what you got.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Nope. It was one of my least favourite things in the Sims 3. I'd rather just have packs like we do now.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No. I played TS3 a couple days ago and the store pop ups wouldn't go away. So frustrating.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I owned almost everything.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I really do miss the Sims 3 store, it was brilliant and I loved that we could buy new items and worlds with our saved and bought points.
    I have mentioned on a few threads how I wish they could introduce a store for Sims 4. It would really boost the game and make it interesting again.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I liked it but some things were definitely expensive.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I was just talking about this yesterday...I totally miss the store
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    No thank you. I am not recognised as having bought store stuff if I try to play Sims 3 because my registration name I used when the game first came out wasn't changed by EA when they restructured login details to use all sites several years ago. I had to go to my original Sims3 page with my original name to download Barnacle Bay again and all sets but cannot be bothered with Sims 3 any more. It's a mess.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I was going to say yes because there was so much cool stuff in it. I used to watch as many ads as it would let me for points to save up and buy things. Then I remembered how much stuff I wanted that I couldn't justify paying real money for. And I remembered trying to download things from the Exchange which had multiple random items from different store sets.

I'm going to change my answer to no. No, I don't miss the store. Sims 4's stuff packs don't feel very full and I miss having the options of so much stuff that it's almost a real world instead of a game (and the color options! Swoon!), but I don't miss the store.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    I owned almost everything.

Same! I miss the store and the fabulous Guru Copeland. Those were the days when the game was shining ...
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I miss it at times. As someone mentioned above, it is specific sets that I miss so much such as steampunk, futuristic, worlds, and etc. that adds that little something to how I play.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited August 2019
    no I hated the store since almost everything was overpriced while game was releasing and buying simpoints was too hard to begin with so i never got any of it

on other hand not big fan of stuff packs in general since even now i only buy them for those small gameplay object additions

though id be absolutely hyped if they made the stuffpacks more fun in themes rather than just adding bunch of realistic things in all of them
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    No, I don't miss the store. I felt like the items were overpriced and the few times I bought stuff, I realized that I really didn't enjoy it enough to justify the cost. I may not always like every item in a stuff pack, but I feel like it's a better deal overall for me. That being said, I think if they started to focus stuff packs on a specific theme only, it would be better.

I was disappointed when Cool Kitchen Stuff only added one additional counter/bar/cabinet. When I bought it, I was expecting items that would open up more customization for kitchens, more build and buy stuff as opposed to hair and clothing.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Absolutely! I probably spent as much as on the Sims 3 store as I did on the packs!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I was a bit of a store addict I guess, I certainly loved it at the time.

There was so much excitement when something new was coming out and you had the option to buy just the bits you wanted, though when they brought out the Complete Your Set thing that kind of went out the window lol.

There was so much fantastic stuff brought out, I ended up with almost everything. Though it would be a bit of a bummer if you couldn't afford it.

Looking back, I think I was a fool to have bought so much. I got carried away in the hype. I was always changing my mind about which bits to add to my game and forever getting the missing objects message when loading up. It was a nightmare to sort through it all if you did a fresh install, and my computer could never cope with just adding the whole lot.

So, on reflection, I would say I much prefer the simplicity and lower outlay of the sims 4 packs.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    god no.
  • BanjoraBanjora Posts: 19 Member
    No. Some of the items were definitely desirable, but the prices were too high, and I always felt like they deliberately put less content in actual DLCs so that people would be encouraged to pay higher prices for stuff in the store.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2019
    The store was nice I was able to get all the male hair and clothing and the objects I was interested in and never spent a dime... now if I was one of those people who had to have everything it would have been horrible seeing as everything is overpriced. The return of a reasonably priced store would be great the packs offering half the male hair and clothing is annoying with the Sims 4 and a store could fix this issue for me.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I don't miss the store at all, I was addicted and bought everything. I prefer the packs that we have now.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Not really. I liked some of its content, but I found a lot of "premium" sets underwhelming. And yeah, a lot of it is expensive. $20 just for a carousel :/
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    The store was great for "I like this haircut/chair/dress. I'm going to buy it without having other things I don't like being attached to it"
    But terrible for how expensive it was, it was like 1,000 dollars just for all the store stuff (could be an underestimate or overestimate)

If they toned down the price it might be welcomed into the community but that isn't how EA do
    EMrBkJP.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Miss it? It's still right there, if I want things for TS3.

In TS4, I actually like the three levels of packs they offer instead. I might like an "a la carte" option for CAS or B/B items, but I am not pining for one.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm so thankful there is not a store in Sims 4! The packs are great for me.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: