Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of you guys still play the sims 3?

Hi Guys ‘n’ Dolls would like to know how many of you are playing the sims 3 at the mo? As I’m playing it more now since the sims 4 horrendous revamp and would like to see if I could get any further with showtime never really got that far through it first time round and also make some more Sim 3 loyal friends

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    Given this is the "Sims 3" forum, I'd expect the answer to be "nearly all who post here".
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Well if anyone wants to add me to there friends it would be greatly appreciated :)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    JadeRuncie wrote: »
    Hi Guys ‘n’ Dolls would like to know how many of you are playing the sims 3 at the mo? As I’m playing it more now since the sims 4 horrendous revamp and would like to see if I could get any further with showtime never really got that far through it first time round and also make some more Sim 3 loyal friends

My sims 3 username is in my signature. :)<3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    Cool thank you @HillyBeth :)<3
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Hi @JadeRuncie, I play almost daily and my username is the same here, so feel free to add me.
    :) Smile!

Cool will do @Puddinroy
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    Right here! Lol

I've had no reason to downgrade to Sims 4. Sims 3 is still king in this house haha
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    I still play. You can send me a friends request on the old site. The link to my page is in my signature... :) I also play Sims 4 but it's only when I get bored with Sims 3 or my World of Warcraft game. Sims 3 will always be my favorite Sims game... :)
    edited August 2019
    Thank you all hope to be seeing your sims in my game through simport soon. :)
    @lisasc360 it has taken me a good while to get into the sims 4 and now they have revamped it, its put me off all over again so I’m sticking to the sims 3 so can finally do all the world adventures tombs and try and get through all the showtime careers and all the simport rewards :)<3
    Post edited by DarkLady2788 on
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I've been playing at least 3 days a week for a long time now, except for all of last week and the rest of this week since I'm away from my computer with Sims 3 on it.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    JadeRuncie wrote: »
    Cool thank you @HillyBeth :)<3

You're welcome! Thanks for the friend request!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I play daily too :D Feel free to friend me, DollyGizzy. I just downloaded Showtime too. o:)
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I still play TS3. <3 Even if I take breaks here and there for other games. I no longer play this game online or visit the old site very much but I do visit this forum and I'm on Discord. Always willing to help if need be.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Thank You all so much you guys are the best!! :)<3
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I do! Currently doing a legacy, though I work a lot, so I'm not always in the mood to fire up the game.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    if you asked this same question in 10 years time, you can bet i'm guaranteed to be one of the few people left that answer 'yes' :D
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Sims 3 it is, for me, forever! :)
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    if you asked this same question in 10 years time, you can bet i'm guaranteed to be one of the few people left that answer 'yes' :D

I disagree. As I said to my husband, and I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall Maxis ever giving away TS3, to this day. They never "revamped" it to see if they could make it more appealing. Not once in 10 years. However TS4 has had multiple giveaways and a revamp in 6 years. They're not giving TS3 away because they're still making money selling it. People, like myself, who have played the game since inception are still purchasing TS3 products and unless they design a TS5 with an open world and CAS then I don't see you being one of the few, you'll still be one of the many :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @AbellaKellaher
    I rarely play sims 4, I didn't know they revamped it.
    @AbellaKellaher

I'm the same have never really got into the sim 4 even tho i have every ep,sp and gp thats mainly just to keep it up to date. also any of you want to add me on TS3 my username is JadeRuncie
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    @AbellaKellaher

I played it for like 3 days of a 7 day trial, and I did download it during one of the giveaways but I haven't played it since those first three days so long ago. For me the open world and CAS are everything, especially open world. And their cartoonish faces really almost kind of freak me out :lol:

As far as the revamp, that just happened not too long ago. They changed the box art, added (I think) a new design method, etc. From what I've read it failed horribly.
  • LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member

Definitely still playing! Don't own TS4, and don't plan to. Love this one, and TS2, and more than enough to do in these games. I didn't want or need the Sims 1.5, er, I mean TS4. I mean, really, isn't that what they gave people? No open world, no CAS, and just an excuse to sell a lot of content in pieces, to make money? The characters I saw in their own videos, the ones they made to sell the game, I'd have had to kill off in short order! So annoying!! They can keep it.

I LOVE TS3, and still build for it, and play it, and am not anywhere close to bored. Years collecting it all, and I intend to enjoyt hat, not replace it!

• LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    Well if anyone wants to add me to there friends it would be greatly appreciated :)

Can add me - https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/LadyGreenEyes

• affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    ts3 is the best!