Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Musical Stuff/Game Pack

Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
edited May 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hello again, everyone!
I am not exceedingly fond of stuff packs, but perhaps this idea will suit better as a stuff pack. Or perhaps even a game pack!
What do you think?

Okay. So here is the idea.
A Stuff/Game Pack dedicated to Music!
We already have a stuff pack dedicated to movies. Well... Sort of. Since that pack seems more targeted towards the Hippie/🐸🐸🐸🐸 lifestyle rather than going out to the cinema.
So why not a stuff/game pack dedicated to Music?!
Our Sims can develop new skills and play new instruments as well as listen to new genres of Music!

Here is a list.

Skills and New Activities related Content!
1.) Drums
2.) Accordion
3.) Electric Guitar
4.) Hurdy Gurdy
5.) Saxophone
6.) Clarinet
7.) Harpsichord
8.) Cello
9.) Flute
10.) Trumpet
11.) Xylophone
12.) Erhu
13.) Pipa
14.) Sitar
15.) Harp
16.) Ukulele
17.) Banjo
18.) Bagpipe
19.) Harmonica
20.) Nyckelharpa

I'm certain that there are many other instruments that I haven't listed that could be implemented into the game.

New Music Genres!
1.) Big Band/Swing
2.) Folk
3.) Psychedelic Rock
4.) Darkwave
5.) Opera
6.) Electroswing
7.) Soul
8.) Bluegrass
9.) Reggae
10.) Industrial

Other Content!
We could also have content that fits exceedingly well with the theme of Music.
Posters, Cosmetic Instruments, Record Discs, New Radios, and Clothes.
Plus, this would be a great opportunity to introduce the Create A Band option!
Where your Sims can start a band and play whatever style of music you choose for them. Even implement a Singer!

So what are your thoughts? Do you like these ideas? What are your ideas on Instruments, Music Genres, and other Content?

As always,

Thank you for reading this discussion.

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes yes yes!! I've been dying for a pack like this for ages. We're in desperate need of more classic instruments.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would love the create a band feature. And new instruments. So, yes!
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2019
    Yes please! My music loving vampire and I would absolutely love this. :D I want lute versions of guitars too for my medieval vampire and smaller pianos that don't take up so much space. Maybe a showtunes genre, R&B, metal and indie. I would especially love some opera/operetta, soul and dark wave music, harps and lyres, and bands of course. Those bagpipes wouldn't be right without kilts either! I would like it if sims could choose a favourite music station/genre, which makes them extra happy/inspired when they listen to it. Also more singing options would be great e.g. opera singing. I wish we had an actual singer career.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • parlance01parlance01 Posts: 13 New Member
    Yes, please. With a bass guitar. I can't believe we don't have this yet.

parlance
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    A part of me thinks the fake guitar amp in the Moschino stuff pack was a hint that more music is coming... Not that I believe in hints or The Sims 4 ever giving us what we want, lol
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    No Theremin?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Yes! More musical instruments are definitely needed! I'm missing my old drum and bass from TS3. This would be definitely suited to a stuff pack, but I think the idea would make a better game pack tbh. That way you could expand on the gameplay by adding bands, musical careers, music events etc.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Yes, I like all of those ideas, more music related things are definitely needed! :)

(I might come add some ideas/wishes later)
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    This is a good idea. I'd love to have sims play together or form a band and perform in front of others.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Game pack yes. Stuff pack, please for the love of GOD no.

Plus a theater venue type as a free patch for this launch would be a polite gesture from the Sims team. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg