Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paramours in Paradise/Sweethearts in Sulani (A Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge)

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2019
    @AdamsEve1231 oh I’m sorry for giving him that weakness... I didn’t really think about it. He shouldn’t have to sleep at all (in a bed or in a coffin) since he can do dark meditation. One dark meditation will last him a long long time, since I assume he won’t actually be using any vampire powers.

If you want I could upload a version of Mort which does not have that weakness (so that he can sleep in a normal bed). I would have suggested using the draught of recombination but weaknesses remain active even after being removed with that.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 oh I’m sorry for giving him that weakness... I didn’t really think about it. He shouldn’t have to sleep at all (in a bed or in a coffin) since he can do dark meditation. One dark meditation will last him a long long time, since I assume he won’t actually be using any vampire powers.

If you want I could upload a version of Mort which does not have that weakness (so that he can sleep in a normal bed). I would have suggested using the draught of recombination but weaknesses remain active even after being removed with that.

Oh it's not a problem. The other Sims just kinda looked at him funny. I forgot that was a hiccup. It's okay. I can switch him back and have him do dark meditation instead. I just wanted him to blend in with the other Sims.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2019
    Happy Time Zones! Today we move to the Sweethearts in Sulani set and meet @nerdfashion's Kaha!
    SusRXwU.png
    He's looking for his soulmate. He fries his own fish. And he rebuilt his home after it was destroyed by a volcano and is raising his twin sisters. Is he the perfect match for Miss Breanna? We shall see. :blush:

Enjoy!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 I can see why you would want him to blend in. It would be no problem for me to upload a version of him which can sleep in beds and I’d be happy to do it (I still have a save where he is a child so I can just age up that version of him, which obviously won’t have any weaknesses yet). I could upload a version of Mort who can sleep in beds in just a few minutes for you. But if it’s too late I get that :)
    edited August 2019
    @AdamsEve1231 I can see why you would want him to blend in. It would be no problem for me to upload a version of him which can sleep in beds and I’d be happy to do it (I still have a save where he is a child so I can just age up that version of him, which obviously won’t have any weaknesses yet). I could upload a version of Mort who can sleep in beds in just a few minutes for you. But if it’s too late I get that :)

Oh don't worry about reuploading Mort (unless you really want to). It's okay. I can cheat and humanize him to sleep with my mod, and then change him back. I already have a mod that allows vampires to be out during the daytime. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2019

Oh don't worry about reuploading Mort (unless you really want to). It's okay. I can cheat and humanize him to sleep with my mod, and then change him back. I already have a mod that allows vampires to be out during the daytime. :)

@AdamsEve1231 ah well I just uploaded him here https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/35C15D15BFF411E98671EE73E09EC7C9?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=thisisarealpainx&max=50&maxis=false

In addition to being able to sleep in beds, this version of him can also eat human food which might be useful!

I also changed his favourite drink to plasma jane.

I figure using this version is probably goinbg to be easier for you than changing him back and forth.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on

@AdamsEve1231 ah well I just uploaded him here https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/07F2080CBF6011E987791090911CB41A?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=thisisarealpainx&max=50&maxis=false

He is under the name 'Mort can sleep in beds' and with the hashtags #sweetheartsinsulani and#livinasimminlife.

In addition to being able to sleep in beds, this version of him can also eat human food which might be useful!

I figure using this version is probably goinbg to be easier for you than changing him back and forth.

Ok thank you. I'll update tonight!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Happy Time Zones! Today we move to the Sweethearts in Sulani set and meet @nerdfashion's Kaha!
    SusRXwU.png
    He's looking for his soulmate. He fries his own fish. And he rebuilt his home after it was destroyed by a volcano and is raising his twin sisters. Is he the perfect match for Miss Breanna? We shall see. :blush:

Enjoy!

@AdamsEve1231 Kaha is so adorable! He’s such a sweetheart.

@AdamsEve1231 ah well I just uploaded him here https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/07F2080CBF6011E987791090911CB41A?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=thisisarealpainx&max=50&maxis=false

He is under the name 'Mort can sleep in beds' and with the hashtags #sweetheartsinsulani and#livinasimminlife.

@MaggieMarley That title makes me laugh. I love it.

Ok thank you. I'll update tonight!
    @AdamsEve1231 great, glad I could fix it for you!

@TheYayToast haha well I thought I’d be literal :D
    AdamsEve1231 great, glad I could fix it for you!

@TheYayToast haha well I thought I’d be literal :D

@MaggieMarley It’s the best. :D
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    You were PERFECT the way you did Kaha. And Indie, come to think of it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited August 2019
    @AdamsEve1231 Love that you had Hunter with a drink in his hand constantly. I can see that being a common thing... Bad pretty boy.
    Him and Neal talking about their runs on the show was funny. Who hasn’t been on that soap?!

Also I was surprised at setting him at 32, but it does work. He had a good career going before the kiddos were born.

Lol... I could also see him getting together with Holly instead of Breanna, just cause Holly is so darn adorable!!!

Post edited by TheYayToast on
    edited August 2019
    Head on over to paradise and meet Hunter from @TheYayToast, a contestant for Sweethearts in Sulani.
    2hBBn5I.png
    ...who knew these two would've starred on Specific Hospital together? :p Does this suave actor have what it takes to woo Breanna's heart?

Enjoy! The chapter also features an appearance by @nerdfashion's Kaha, @MaggieMarley's Mort, @Munterbacon's Miguel, @afai1261's Griffin, and @VanPelt81's Andy!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    You were PERFECT the way you did Kaha. And Indie, come to think of it.

@nerdfashion Aww... yay! I'm so glad I captured them well. I'm always nervous with other people's Sims.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 Love that you had Hunter with a drink in his hand constantly. I can see that being a common thing... Bad pretty boy.
    Him and Neal talking about their runs on the show was funny. Who hasn’t been on that soap?!

Also I was surprised at setting him at 32, but it does work. He had a good career going before the kiddos were born.

Lol... I could also see him getting together with Holly instead of Breanna, just cause Holly is so darn adorable!!!

Haha, @TheYayToast... I have fun with that show. :p
    a relationship with Holly? Hmm... we'll have to see how that goes. I kinda want to plop them into a scenario together.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hey y'all! Welcome back to Sulani! If you haven't, swing on by and catch a friendly game with @Munterbacon's Miguel...
    1YMO4lb.png
    ...or not... I mean, these two don't start off the best way possible!

Enjoy!

Also features @nerdfashion's Kaha, @VanPelt81's Andy, @TheYayToast's Hunter, @MaggieMarley's Mort, and @afai1261's Griffin as extras in the background take full advantage of open bar! Hey it's paradise! Why not?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @AdamsEve1231 Loved the update.
    Griffin and Mort are hilarious! I love that poor Neal is totally about to just faint out of exasperation, fatigue, and shock by the end of this day of interviews.

Both Griffin and Mort are so sweet. They're both so oddly misunderstood. I love the runaway thief and death's son as contestants for any show. :D
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Oh my poor klepto child... I hope that won't come back to bite him in the butt :D

The traits you added fit him perfectly.

I already said this on WP but I'm so happy he got the bachelor suite!

I may or may not be starting a Runaway Teen challenge write-up for Griffin... so uh when that's up you can link to it if you want
    And now for two more unique contestants on Sweethearts in Sulani... never before seen on Sims.tv...

Mort Reaper-Straud (from @MaggieMarley)
    qPuuMCS.png
    ...the son of Death!!
    “You’ll definitely have heard of my father – he’s Death.”

“He died?” Neal puzzles, wondering how these contestants got selected and on the air.

The network sure liked to send him challenges.

“No, he’s not dead,” Mort shakes his head. “He’s Death with a capital D. You know: big scythe, dark hood, reaper of souls,” he waves his hands. “Yeah, that Death. But I doubt you’ve ever heard of me; I’m only a nobody, which is just the way I like it.”

“Until now…” Holly remarks, swallowing a smirk off camera.

Griffin Calhoun-Fyres (from @afai1261)
    fXFokTm.png
    ...and a runaway thief!
    “So describe yourself in a few words.”

“Well, that’s new,” Griffin rubs the back of his head. “I don’t think you’ve asked the other contestants that.”

“You’ve been watching,” Neal smiles, as he liked to catch his subjects off-guard sometimes.

“A few words… I am… a redhead,” Griffin starts, stumbling over the words as he looks as if he will burst into laughter. “Obv’s…heh…"

...of course, they could give Breanna just the kind of lovin' she's looking for! :)

Stay tuned for more!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Was Griffin drunk during his character interview? His facial expressions certainly made it seem like that.
    @AdamsEve1231 Loved the update.
    Griffin and Mort are hilarious! I love that poor Neal is totally about to just faint out of exasperation, fatigue, and shock by the end of this day of interviews.

Both Griffin and Mort are so sweet. They're both so oddly misunderstood. I love the runaway thief and death's son as contestants for any show. :D

@TheYayToast Thank you!
    They are such unusual candidates and I love that about them. Actually a lot of these Sims are. It makes it all the more interesting to play and write.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    afai1261 wrote: »
    Oh my poor klepto child... I hope that won't come back to bite him in the butt :D

The traits you added fit him perfectly.

I already said this on WP but I'm so happy he got the bachelor suite!

I may or may not be starting a Runaway Teen challenge write-up for Griffin... so uh when that's up you can link to it if you want

@afai1261
    I'm glad you were happy with the trait additions. I'd love to promote your stories, so let me know when it's up. I've already had loads of fun with the klepto trait. :D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Was Griffin drunk during his character interview? His facial expressions certainly made it seem like that.

@VanPelt81 I don't think so. That's just his natural expression. :) He was drinking during the interview, and he just had a full meal so maybe he was satisfied and relaxed? The enchanted introduction I find throws Sims off their game a little too. Griffin thought Neal was flirting with him, and then Neal asked just to be friends.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Hiya everyone, @VanPelt81's Andy's interview is out today!
    RiqjUxf.png
    ...look at that face! So happy Andy's here!

@divanthesimmer's Afu is coming late to the competition and his post will be out tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited August 2019
    @divanthesimmer, @MaggieMarley, @TheYayToast, @afai1261, @nerdfashion, @Munterbacon, @VanPelt81, @TheAemaSimming, @SoulGal, @Xantheanmar
    BTW, I planned to break up the Meet the Bachelorette into multiple parts, but I'm wondering. Would you all prefer each guy's initial contact to be all in one chapter or would it be easier to read in parts?

Here's what I did in game:
    • cheated and reset all the relationships in the household once I moved the guys in
    • if they had the opportunity to do a flirty introduction, I'd choose that
    • each guy had 5 interactions and 1 could be romantic
    • To add some randomness, I would click on Breanna after the introduction and the first option on the left would be the option I'd select for an interaction (OR if they rolled a whim regarding Breanna, I'd initiate that)
    • After 4 interactions, if they did not naturally select a "romance" action, I'd pick flirt for them
    • Then I'd switch to Breanna and see what things she was thinking (a.k.a. whims and moodlets) and interact in the way that made the most sense for her personality.
    • Finally, I'd give each guy one more final interaction, and then wait for the next guy to show up.

During that waiting time, sometimes, the guys would get extra autonomous interactions in (and Breanna too). That was fun to watch. Sometimes they'd initiate things on their own and I'd let it happen.

I selected this process because the first time I tried introducing the guys, it was complete and utter chaos and someone nearly drowned *cough cough* Mort... :# and we had needs failures and running off and not interacting with Breanna at all. Ugh! Boys! You're making it difficult for me. :D

As for dialogue, it's based on their personality, interpretation of their expressions and actions in game, moodlets, whims, turn ons/turn offs, and star signs.

I also have a points system for the encounters with Breanna:
    +1 for a positive interaction, or a well-received romantic, funny, or mischievous interaction
    -1 for a negative interaction or rejected romantic interaction, mean interaction, awkward encounter, or a mischievous interaction that didn't work

These points will be compiled and added to Breanna's overall impression points at the end of each day. Certain encounters and interactions will also receive bonus points (i.e. a one-on-one date will receive 1 extra point, instead of points for each different encounter during the date so as not to give an enormous edge to one particular person). A negative date or a sweeping romantic gesture may generate or subtract additional points. Competitors arriving late will also have an opportunity to "make up" points so they are relatively level with the other candidates. Competitions will add points also for participation and for success, but depends on the scenario.

I'll also allow the community to vote for their favorite guy at the end of each post and these points will also factor into the competition. I take detailed notes and snap screenshots to help me remember what happens during the game so as to be as fair as possible. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

And I won't retag everyone who is already listed above. You know who you are, but I will tag all the additional submitters:
    @kittymeow, @Valpre1983
    FYI, the ladies will have a similar points system.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest