Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re: All the negativity surrounding the Moschino Stuff Pack

13...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    The trailer is honestly really bad (you mean this SP right?). Based on the trailer alone I wouldn't have bought this pack, but the stream made it look super fun and in the three odd hours I spent building my apartment and then having to go to sleep I was pretty pleased. But no gameplay so far - then again it's a SP, if it makes me spend this much time in build mode I'm already quite happy, the furniture is beautiful.

I know what you mean though about being attacked left and right. I do still share my opinions on the forum but less and I leave discussions much more quickly than I used to. I think that in the end, negativity is an internet phenomenon and the best way to deal with it is to leave when things start getting on your nerves. That is the beauty of internet negativity. If it really starts plumming you off you can disconnect and do something you actually do enjoy.

Live and let live, will probably remain the best mantra surrounding TS4. I hope the next game will be less polarizing, that EA learned from this ordeal and remembers to please a larger variety of people. And to keep the thing offline as much as possible (now let's hope future me doesn't remember this comment when they release the creepy fully online and fully VR version of TS5 😅)
    Yeah the trailer for this pack. That's good. I need to catch up on the VODs. SimGuruSteve does a really good job on the streams. Yeah so true. I enjoy Twitch quite a bit and made friends on there too even ones that feel like family.

I hope so. It would be nice being around an iteration that makes the community happy again. Well if the community is prepared with having a pyro pranker Simmer setting their houses on fire and putting gnomes and flamingos on their lawns blocking them into their homes, then they could try online. Honestly it would be a bad idea doing online, too much competition and if anything I learned from being on Gaiaonline, there is only one purpose for teens playing games online and it is never T rated. So I would like to keep my Sims games teen rated. Sims Mobile and Sims Freeplay is probably as safe as an online game that teens can handle.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    As I said in another thread, I have no clue what a moschino is and my initial thought it had to do with coffee was revealed to be false. So, I don't have an opinion on it because I don't know what the heck it relates to.

It still sounds food-related to me.
    Glad I'm not the only one that thought of coffee.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Guys the whole internet is toxic, not just these forums. Just an FYI...lol The internet is made up of people who look at life through their own eyes and if your opinion does not line up you are wrong, negative, toxic, racist, homophobic, etc. We are all never going to agree on every topic but if we learned to agree to disagree the internet would be a much better place hahah. This what happens when you create a tool where everyone can talk about themselves, take selfies, and me me me all day long. You get a self-focused society who does not want to hear the opinions of others all the way up to the President of the United States.

Maybe people are tired of the stuff packs that expands on the expansion and that is why they are complaining. I, personally thought they added a decent amount of stuff for ten bucks, but I can also understand the expand on the expansion argument. I have not made the purchase because I don't have the need for it yet. I still have not bought my first pet stuff even when it was on sale...LOL That pack went too far with the expand the expansion idea.

Sorry for my rant but I am tired of hearing the forums are toxic when I know they are a lot of passionate people playing the sims and want to see them do better.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I finally bought the Moschino pack for my collection. And if these new homeless sims are anything to go by... these clothes are ugly!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I finally bought the Moschino pack for my collection. And if these new homeless sims are anything to go by... these clothes are ugly!

Must be a bug then. Gurus said they fixed it that Moschino clothes wouldn't turn up on wandering NPCs. Got pictures?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    The trailer is honestly really bad (you mean this SP right?). Based on the trailer alone I wouldn't have bought this pack, but the stream made it look super fun and in the three odd hours I spent building my apartment and then having to go to sleep I was pretty pleased. But no gameplay so far - then again it's a SP, if it makes me spend this much time in build mode I'm already quite happy, the furniture is beautiful.

I know what you mean though about being attacked left and right. I do still share my opinions on the forum but less and I leave discussions much more quickly than I used to. I think that in the end, negativity is an internet phenomenon and the best way to deal with it is to leave when things start getting on your nerves. That is the beauty of internet negativity. If it really starts plumming you off you can disconnect and do something you actually do enjoy.

Live and let live, will probably remain the best mantra surrounding TS4. I hope the next game will be less polarizing, that EA learned from this ordeal and remembers to please a larger variety of people. And to keep the thing offline as much as possible (now let's hope future me doesn't remember this comment when they release the creepy fully online and fully VR version of TS5 😅)
    Yeah the trailer for this pack. That's good. I need to catch up on the VODs. SimGuruSteve does a really good job on the streams. Yeah so true. I enjoy Twitch quite a bit and made friends on there too even ones that feel like family.

I hope so. It would be nice being around an iteration that makes the community happy again. Well if the community is prepared with having a pyro pranker Simmer setting their houses on fire and putting gnomes and flamingos on their lawns blocking them into their homes, then they could try online. Honestly it would be a bad idea doing online, too much competition and if anything I learned from being on Gaiaonline, there is only one purpose for teens playing games online and it is never T rated. So I would like to keep my Sims games teen rated. Sims Mobile and Sims Freeplay is probably as safe as an online game that teens can handle.

Agreed :( I think it would devolve into something nasty pretty quickly if it was fully online and I myself wouldn't buy TS5 if that's the case. I'm afraid honestly that they won't go back to the roots, to create something that takes the best of all previous games..and that instead they'll continue on this trend of sharing and real time etc. But we'll see, I'll reserve my final judgement for the future, and am glad that for now, there's still a game out (even 4) that I can really enjoy.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited August 2019
    Well, I may have a few issues with what we are being given at times, but I am overwhelmingly happy with getting new packs, and think they are doing the best they can with packs. I love getting new stuff packs, I am glad they have begun them again!! And of course some people are going to like some packs over others. I love they gave us new photography stuff and a new career in this last pack. I would love to see some more freelance careers and some more active careers.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited August 2019

This tweet, I disagree. That's not how stuff packs were made in first place. They were made for stuff, not some additional game-play. I don't mind people adoring their stuff packs for The Sims 4 but I just don't support the "idea" of stuff packs that was made for The Sims 4 compared to the previous series. It just screams "Gimme your money"

Edited: However I do see your point, name calling and all that is unnecessary
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2019
    Finbar659 wrote: »

This tweet, I disagree. That's not how stuff packs were made in first place. They were made for stuff, not some additional game-play. I don't mind people adoring their stuff packs for The Sims 4 but I just don't support the "idea" of stuff packs that was made for The Sims 4 compared to the previous series. It just screams "Gimme your money"

Early in Sims 4 life EA/Maxis did say they have changed ways SPs and EPs will be marketed or produced (GPs did not exist in previous versions). Now I am all for change as long as the additional game play do add game play that is worth while and on that part I have yet to see any worth while gameplay. I do not like features that was once available to all players in previous versions free and now is not.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited August 2019

@Finbar659 To be honest, I feel like I get more for my money with the way stuff packs are made for TS4. In Sims 3, which is my all-time fave next to TS2, I would pay $20 for a stuff pack but nothing in there provided gameplay objects. For additional gameplay objects I would buy items and sets from the TS3 store, often those were worth 20 to 35 dollars. I own nearly all the TS3 store and I was gifted objects/sets and got free points by watching ads, but I mainly spent a lot of money. Some of the items in the TS3 store like the rock climbing wall for example was worth 500 points ($5) and the additional items cost more. With TS4 and the Fitness Stuff pack with a similar wall, for five more dollars I got the wall (which is animated now) and plenty of other BB items. There are more examples I have like this, so when I think of it considering what I spent on similar items in TS3, TS4 is the better bargain for me, only paying $10 and you get a lot of items, which is cool. :)

I see getting some additional interactions in Sims stuff packs an improvement. The only drawback is the makers of the stuff packs were having to wait on another team to provide them. I base this on what SimGuruGraham said in his thread which ended up with the Laundry stuff pack.

We will probably be getting more of this in Stuff packs as time goes on because the team has become more integrated since, according to my reading of Grant and Graham's Twitter feeds after that. Co-ordination of the gamepacks and gameplay is getting better in my opinion. Most of the bad feedback seems to be from Simmers who stopped playing after base-game or a couple of packs a couple of years ago. :)
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    The hate on theses forums can be pretty bad. I know back in ts3 day there was a website where they would dig up information on you and bash you on it just because of a different view you might have had.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
    thelawtman wrote: »
    The hate on theses forums can be pretty bad. I know back in ts3 day there was a website where they would dig up information on you and bash you on it just because of a different view you might have had.

It's bad policy to do that as they eventually become little enclaves of hate, just talking to one-another and gradually stop getting the donations they need to carry on. MTS and some others are more positive, offering mods, cc for all iterations and are still doing well, just non-committal but leaving a space for the antis to air their views.

I did rant a bit at Sims 3 in the OF when it first came out. It improved after WA. I only moaned about the game's bugs though - but I was younger then. B)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I don't see nastiness and negativity on the other platforms the way I do here

Unfortunately, I've just faced the negativity here recently. In short, a person misunderstood my words, accusing me of something that I didn't do, making me be the bad person then told me go somewhere else. I was so shocked about his/her negative words, and it affected me so much that I did consider leaving this forums because of the unfriendly vibe. And what made it worse was that his/her words got a few "like" and "awesome"! I feel so terrible that I don't want to contribute to that thread anymore.

BTW, I'm worrying about OP might get into trouble if that twitter person found out this thread. Aren't you afraid he/she might resort to law or something like that? In my experience, people like that tend to cause trouble, or even ask for it as long as there is a chance. Be careful! You're a nice person by pointing out that people should have done it better. I don't want to see you in any trouble...

I'm fine, by thank you :) I hope you're fine as well and will stay here on the forums. Maybe we can find enoug nice people to overwhelm the negativity. ;)
    ChelleJo wrote: »

I firmly believe, had people not been so in a tissy about toddlers, we might not have got them at all. We kept the team on their toes and we let them know that we wanted our toddlers and we weren't gonna drop it. A lot of that turned into too much hate, but I feel the constructive part is what got us our toddlers. So, yes, players... keep the constructive criticism coming. It makes our game better. But keep it respectful, keep it polite and just know, while you might hate one pack, someone else is excited for it.
    Also true. Graham even encouraged constructive criticism. Best way to get features into the game is two things: don't put Simmers down and don't put Gurus down.

I was one of the vocal people regarding toddlers. I had a death scare with health problems, so I figured might as well ask for toddlers while I still was alive. Thankfully the surgery was successful and I'm still here today. But yeah at the time I figured even if I couldn't enjoy them, knowing that future Simmers could was enough for me. I ended up getting my favorite toddlers ever in the Sims franchise and got to make many good friends and share ideas along the way.

I think people are just scared to talk to new people especially online. Had I not met a Maxoid in 2010 that has sadly recently passed away, I would never have gotten the guts to join forums or join the Sims community in 2015. He helped give me a voice and I was thrilled he had worked on my favorite Sims version, the Sims 2 since I've been a Simmer since 2002. I really don't trust the whole hater/fan rival going on. I think each Simmer has to prove their own merit on whether they want to be apart of the Sims community or not or be vocal about getting the features they want. All the fights are nonsense and bad enough to have to read and hear about drama on the news. No point having it seep into the Sims community too. Best way to combat hate and bigots online I've learned is displaying the golden rule and try to put yourself in each others shoes and think about the franchise and the game first. We have to ensure the Sims has a bright future because I know for many Simmers it is a way to escape from the violence going around the world. If anything what happened with EA Sports community I hope never happens with the Sims community. We have to prove we are different and try not to repeat history.

If people accepted the differences of others we would have a more peaceful world and thank you so much for acknowledging the efforts of getting a feature into the game. Sometimes it feels like I'm talking to a brick wall with the Sims community and that only new female outfits matter to the game. I know the Sims community is more diverse and smarter than that and have the capacity to share more ideas than they are sharing now. But I couldn't be prouder of the modding community since many of their content has made it into the game including darker loading screens recently.

This is all I was trying to say with my original post. :)
  • Hyper_KeyHyper_Key Posts: 26 Member
    We had H&M, IKEA, Katy Perry. There's always that stupid fashion pack no one wants but ends up owning anyway, be it through gifts or just for the completion
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm fine, by thank you :) I hope you're fine as well and will stay here on the forums. Maybe we can find enoug nice people to overwhelm the negativity. ;)

Good to know you're okay. I did feel better when you tried to raise the voice of "we can do it better". Otherwise, I was almost convinced of there weren't that many friendly people here. And I'm relieved to see how most of people here are polite and civil. Trust me, there's been a tendency that some people are just being mean on the internet.

As followed are what I noticed about such complainers, I've seen them a lot, it's like they all get the evil or mean traits, or want to work the public enemy aspiration in real life. Those people seem to enjoy being mean or try to pick up a fight. They love to spread their own views on something, and will try so hard to convince others of their own thoughts. If you don't agree with them, they'll keep pushing the topics, leading it into a unnecessary debate. And they'll always try to be the winner out of the argument they start. If fails, oh no they won't accept the fact they're lost! They'll keep push it until it looks like they're winning. Those "debaters" can be easily found on any controversial or sensitive topics, such as politics, religion...etc. The only problem those people have is that they just can't relate to others. They're so self-centered that they just try to make everything become all-about-themselves.

As for how to deal with them? Well, in my experience, they can't be saved unless they want to. Based on my observation, those people seem to have actual issues in real life, instead of facing them, they turn to Internet to "be mad on someone else" to unleash the anger and frustration. They can only save themselves when they try. Trust me, I had bad experiences in my real life with them. Just ignore them. Hopefully, it's only a matter of time they'll "get it" on their own.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Good to know you're okay. I did feel better when you tried to raise the voice of "we can do it better". Otherwise, I was almost convinced of there weren't that many friendly people here. And I'm relieved to see how most of people here are polite and civil. Trust me, there's been a tendency that some people are just being mean on the internet.

As followed are what I noticed about such complainers, I've seen them a lot, it's like they all get the evil or mean traits, or want to work the public enemy aspiration in real life. Those people seem to enjoy being mean or try to pick up a fight. They love to spread their own views on something, and will try so hard to convince others of their own thoughts. If you don't agree with them, they'll keep pushing the topics, leading it into a unnecessary debate. And they'll always try to be the winner out of the argument they start. If fails, oh no they won't accept the fact they're lost! They'll keep push it until it looks like they're winning. Those "debaters" can be easily found on any controversial or sensitive topics, such as politics, religion...etc. The only problem those people have is that they just can't relate to others. They're so self-centered that they just try to make everything become all-about-themselves.

As for how to deal with them? Well, in my experience, they can't be saved unless they want to. Based on my observation, those people seem to have actual issues in real life, instead of facing them, they turn to Internet to "be mad on someone else" to unleash the anger and frustration. They can only save themselves when they try. Trust me, I had bad experiences in my real life with them. Just ignore them. Hopefully, it's only a matter of time they'll "get it" on their own.

Quite often, they don't even play the game - they're simply parrotting opinions they've seen elsewhere. They'll insist that a feature is bugged or missing, when it isn't, because that's what they saw on reddit or wherever. When I realise that I'm in that situation, I stop feeding the troll and let it go. Not worth my time or blood pressure. I've got a game to play, you know?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019

And now they are made this way. It was announced when they changed the price from 20 bucks to 10 bucks for Sims 4 and after a lot of people in earlier games asked why stuff packs were nothing but stuff when we wanted game play. I have been thrilled since they came out with Sims 4 stuff packs for only 10 bucks and includes a new game play item etc.

Sims 1 had no stuff packs - sims 2 and 3 had 20 dollar stuff packs ( at least one was 30 dollars in 3 even) and now we get the best of both worlds same amount of stuff, most better quality, game play an all for 10 bucks or less. I'm happy and enjoy every one of them. I do not want mods and CC in my developing game as I don't like bugs and I hardly ever have bugs I my game.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited August 2019
    There's a huge sale on for lots of Origin games so Simmers who haven't got some of the EPs and GPs can get them much cheaper and for those who rate other games like Cities-Skylines they've got those too- very cheap those!

Some good news for us Sims 4 Simmers .....
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    This is one of those packs that will be love or hate, with little middle ground. I personally don't like it, but have kept comments to the what and why, and realize my views were formed a half century before most of yours, and a lot (most?) of you weren't even on the planet yet.

That there would be an eventual brand link is not a surprise. What is one is that the link is with a 'who?' brand, not one that's well known and generally liked. If this was a car game, which would be a better link, Aston Martin or Yugo?

There is no justification for the verbal abuse. This isn't Washington D.C., so how about we try to be civil to one another. If memory serves, the moderators have the power to shut down anyone breaking the rules, so perhaps the incorrigibles should find themselves on the receiving end of some old-fashioned discipline. This is a game, we're all in the soup together, so let's bring back some old behaviors and attitudes like civility, decency, politeness, good manners and such like.
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    they don't even play the game
    This is what I'm concerned: why they ask for trouble if they don't even play?
    I stop feeding the troll and let it go.
    Funny thing is that those people will draw the same as them, they'll keep fighting because they all have problems. If they're actual sims, they should start a club which encourages members to fight, be mean with each other. Imagine how many club points they can make! People are getting weird and weird nowadays on Internet...I wish they can learn what you did: let it go.

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Humans will be humans, we get defensive over everything 🤷‍♀️
    It actually isn't a human trait. Humanity has quite a different definition: " compassionate, sympathetic, or generous behavior or disposition : the quality or state of being humane"
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humanity

I was actually talking about this with a friend that works in the gaming industry which I call the Sims complex ironically. Like how people are trying to control others like they do their Sims which is basically the god complex: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex. People can't be controlled, they have free will and many struggle with that concept that free will only applies to them and not to others, that their rights only matter and no one else matters. It is like humanity is going away from society and people are expected to be perfect little robots instead of being human.
    That actually explains a lot. I'm also sick and tired of this 'humans will be humans' excuse, since all it does is show that someone is refusing to take responsibility for their screw-ups and refusing to improve themselves.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited August 2019
    MMX wrote: »
    filipomel wrote: »
    Humans will be humans, we get defensive over everything 🤷‍♀️
    It actually isn't a human trait. Humanity has quite a different definition: " compassionate, sympathetic, or generous behavior or disposition : the quality or state of being humane"
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humanity

I was actually talking about this with a friend that works in the gaming industry which I call the Sims complex ironically. Like how people are trying to control others like they do their Sims which is basically the god complex: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex. People can't be controlled, they have free will and many struggle with that concept that free will only applies to them and not to others, that their rights only matter and no one else matters. It is like humanity is going away from society and people are expected to be perfect little robots instead of being human.
    That actually explains a lot. I'm also sick and tired of this 'humans will be humans' excuse, since all it does is show that someone is refusing to take responsibility for their screw-ups and refusing to improve themselves.
    That describes history in a nutshell.

Historically, humans aren't exactly notorious for being humane. The definition of the word is... painfully ironic.
    ...people are expected to be perfect little robots instead of being human
    Welcome to the working world!

...No, seriously. Most employers are offended their employees have a life outside of work.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif