Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are cheats still glitchy?

Hey everyone I started up a new save after not playing forever. I want to play with some of the fashion careers and have a small rotation save in the city. But since it’s been awhile not sure if cheats have been fixed. Previously when I’d set everyone’s career level, skills and money to what I wanted my save would be all glitchy and annoying after all the cheats. Does this still happen? Just want to find out if I should grind or go ahead and set some of the sims to the level I want.

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    would be all glitchy and annoying

a bit vague
    it'd be hard for anyone to tell you whether or not something is still happening if you don't get into the specific issues you were having
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    I don't have a problem with that, I use UI cheats.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    It was a lot of stuff, like sims not moving when I’d give actions. Or the load times would get really long. I’d have conversation bars never go away. Or skill bars for that matter. Just glitchy stuff and I recall a while back people saying that once you opened the cheat menu and did any cheats especially cas full edit cheats it would mess up your save.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    we can't conclude that these things are the result of cheating. Some of those issues can be caused by a lot of different things, and some of them just might be bugs of their own. I play with cas full edit mode turned on 100% of the time and have never seen these issues. Tons and tons of people use money cheats and career cheats and I've never heard anyone connect these sorts of issues to cheating. Most of the cheats that were capable of breaking the game were disabled by the devs a few months ago - and even those cheats did not break the game in the way which you are describing.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    None of the issues you described where caused by cheating, and most of them have also been fixed (to my knowledge).

Edit: I know that conversation bars glitch hasn't been fixed though. Just leave the save and then reload it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Maybe it wasn’t from the cheats I just remember reading that somewhere and it seemed to fit. I noticed I never had any issues when I started a fresh save. But once I start setting up my game (with cheats and stuff) it would get all glitchy. It also could’ve been due to maybe having too many played households or maybe even downloading too many venues from the gallery. I tend to go for the very elaborate ones that use many packs. I do avoid all CC and mods though. Good to know many of these have been fixed though. It’s been a while since I’ve played. Other then testing out a mermaid a few days ago I’ve only been creating my sims and stuff.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Back in previous Sims games, sometimes cheats could make things glitchy. In Sims 3, for example, I never cheated the needs of my pregnant Sims. I don't remember why, but I'd been warned about glitchiness.

Sims 4 is different. I've had those same issues in saves where I never used cheats, not even money cheats. I have no idea what does cause the lagging and freezing, but it seems to be worse right after large patches. New expansions have large patches.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports