Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Simmers who are bored and not bored, do you play on rotation or one family per save?

Curious :)

For Simmers who are bored and not bored, do you play on rotation or one family per save? 169 votes

Bored, Rotational
15%
CK213Nh6650aprilroseColorist40keekee53babajayneyesme88freindlyloldrake_mccartydetermigSPARKY1922HestiaClassicalSimCheiriPixiebixtersfullspiraladduapinajooxisSkosalgLostLamb 27 votes
Bored, Single Family
10%
dreamergrl84Bluebeard45shanls96mock68vampirekimSimplyJenAquariusMomlilpicallofatbat21SimmerMarsDeKaypoliceofficerswifeBhawkins0402Vivi_WillowTreeNorthDakotaGamerPreCiiousnerdfashionamber_ilumire 18 votes
Not bored, Rotation
52%
JoBass24usbrackencat31IcewolfIceyJSimmervilleCabelle1863BlkBarbiegalSid1701D9RainbowSimQueenWritin_RegIsb917SimburianDOLLDRMS1Mizz_TriceyluthienrisingloubyloulouNinoosimMindofysekojranaashcrash19 88 votes
Not bored, Single Family
21%
Akl500PKita5399GalacticGalPlayerSinger2010invisiblgirlsimgirl1010friendlysimmersKalaniCoolCary1213BabykittyjadeLissyK9orangehippogriffSindocatAnnLee87annaliese393KNPenMaggieMarleyadele_katKarababy52sillyangel0906 36 votes

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Bored, Rotational
    I have been a bit bored lately so I have been swapping between Sims 2 and 4. I think the family I am on is pretty boring and that is the problem..LOL
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    Rotational play has really never been for me. I have multiple saves I switch between and that’s what keeps it all fresh and entertaining to me personally.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    I play one family per save but I rotate through multiple saves (currently I have two Sims 4 Saves and 2 Sims 3 saves that I'm rotating through) it keeps things fresh for me since each save is different and has a different family and goals I'm concentrating on.
    ~ ~ ~
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Bored, Single Family
    I'm bored because I haven't been able to play Sims for the past 3 days :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DentalchickJuliaDentalchickJulia Posts: 12 New Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I play rotationally and I believe the only reason I'm not bored at the moment is because I've tried something new where I add "filler" families. I have 8 families I rotate with Sun-Sun Sim days, but if I feel like the family I am currently on is a bit stale, or not too interesting on that particular rotation I just hop into a "filler" family and build them up some. I may even flip between my main family and the "filler" family during the week multiple times to keep things interesting.
    Bored, Rotational
    Interesting results so far...
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    My save has a bunch of families, but it started with two sims....as the family grew my rotation grew. I really just enjoy playing with genetics and trying to build family trees.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    It's a good poll. I need to check back and see more posts.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    One family. One save. My in game toddler has been a toddler for almost two years. :p I really need to age her up. <3
    Not bored, Rotation
    @JC1979 .

I wish I had that kind of patience. However and EA Support person had me clear my save games for something that did not fix my issue, and if I had put in that much effort, I would e been way more upset.
    Bored, Rotational
    One family. One save. My in game toddler has been a toddler for almost two years. :p I really need to age her up. <3

OMG is all I have to say to that. ANNNNND age that toddler up already LOL. That is how my husband used to play. I would be on generation 5 and he was still on the first one...LOL
    edited August 2019
    Bored, Rotational
    Lquinn wrote: »
    @JC1979 .

I wish I had that kind of patience. However and EA Support person had me clear my save games for something that did not fix my issue, and if I had put in that much effort, I would e been way more upset.

hmmm is this comment in the right place?? As I continue off topic I am dealing with an issue now :( I have an everlasting cloud stuck in Strangerville.

Edit oops saw the comment..LOL sorry :)

Back on topic I find it interesting the numbers are so close between rotational and single family.
    Post edited by keekee53 on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not bored, Single Family
    idk more like sometimes bored but mostly having fun since I only play when i have grand ideas that well, are fun.
    never played rotationally because my inner perfectionist would get triggered not controlling family all the time

latest save I decided to actually do something very not me and just load bunch of premades and townies and maxis households in my game and restrict myself from creating more than one sim in cas, so far its proving to be lot of fun finding out about all the townies I used to delete and keeps making me want to play (even when i got other things to do)

other problem is also that i keep wanting to build things because of my ambitious project to remake all the lots in every world in my game and also having lots of fun with that

but can't really do both of these at same time so its problematic :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    @Lquinn it takes time, but this style of gameplay for me makes the most sense. My daughter is the type that will have 3 different saves and tons of rotations; just creating one family after another when she is bored, now that seems like a lot of work, lol.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Bored, Single Family
    Back in the day the Sims was about raising a family but now the word family isn't welcome. The day they turned the baby into a object was clear the family unit was dead. Most of the younger players want to play dress up then raising a family. Given the recent stuff pack it's clear EA doesn't want the older players money anymore.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    I need to qualify mine, because while technically it is a single family - my founders, their children, their child-in-law, and their grandchild - that family is two households in the same save file. I don't exactly play "rotationally", but I do take turns. It is simply less of a strain to manage them in two different houses. I usually focus on one or the other for the entire play session. Not bored yet.
    Not bored, Rotation
    @JC1979 .

Your daughter and I play exactly the same way. LOL
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    Rotation always keeps things fresh for me. I like having everything in one place, so the only times I have different saves are for different things. I have a save where all I do is build, one for a specific challenge, a save where I test my poses, etc, aside from my main save which has all my gameplay and families.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    How about... all of it?
    I get bored whenever I play one save, or work on one build for too long. But I have several saves, some rotational, some with a single household, so I just load up another save.
    Unless I've really had enough of the sims, then I play a different game, or do something not game related.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Vidal98Vidal98 Posts: 101 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    Rotation is what I've found to be the most entertaining. I like to create super diverse sims with different careers, personalities, homes, etc. So once I get bored of one family I switch to another and its a whole different perspective.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I've been playing one family and rotate between the siblings/cousins
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Bored, Single Family
    I can't play on rotation in one world. I can't sit by and not control one of my households! I'm switching between a couple of saves at the moment. One is probably my favourite family I've created, but I've gotten to the point where I've grown so attached that I don't want to age any of them up! Tempted to duplicate the save and switch between playing one with aging and one without so I can keep them immortal.

Anyway, I think I get bored too easily. Switching between different saves with different families keeps things interesting for me.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Not bored, Rotation
    I couldn't choose one of these - I'm definitely not bored, but that might have something to do with having around 4 active saves (some of which I load more than others), some with a single family, others where I have a rotation.

That said, I do prefer playing a single family than a rotation most of the time.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Not bored, Single Family
    I typically play one family per save with ageing off. I have one main family/save that I play most of the time and currently two other households/saves that I sometimes play when I'm in the mood for something different. I do plan to play out different family generations in one save though and rotate between the households. Sometimes I get inspired to create a new sim/family and create a save with them. I always go back to my main household though.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Bored, Single Family
    Rotational play is too chaotic for me. I have multiple files, each with a different family unit. I can usually just switch saves, unless the same (game-breaking for me) bugs persist in each save. I also play other games.