Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    LOL, Not maybe NOT the best way to make my first post in the forums, but after lurking for so long I just had to sign up to make this :D

To the OP, Cinebar.. You said yourself , you have not played this game sence 2017.. the thing I do not get is why in earth are you still wasting your energy complaining here (and at other topics) daily , about the game you do not even play, or plan to play ever again ?

(I am TS2 player, but occasionally enjoy playing TS4, I only have base + Get Together and Dining Out .. planning to get that spa thingy and that camping thingy when at good sale. )

I am just confused of all the hate TS4 is getting here.. if you all really hate it so much, why just play something else?

I know you didn't ask this from me but i wanted to give my tought about this.
    I started playing since sims 1 and fell in love in simulation games. All different kind of sandbox, simulator and mikro manage games. Zoo tycoon, rollecoaster tycoon, sim city and much more. But there wasn't game like the sims. Like i didn't like newest rollecoaster tycoon or sim city but i was lucky to change them for planet coaster and city skylines.
    Even tho i wasn't happy some of the things in sims 4 , they add things i liked and talk so much about what future has to offer for us.
    Every time they add new expansion i felt more and more unhappy. Sims 4 lack so much even tho dews try to sugar coat it. Many people has invested in this like myself. I have buying packs till now. All of them. And i see now that all things dews said about how amazing the sims 4 would be like is never going to happen. The packs are seriously over priced. And i'm not going to buy them anymore cuz i don't even want to support game like this anymore. That don't change the fact that i already invested in this game and i wan't to dews know that in not happy about it.
    I haven't even talked about bugs in sims 3 and 4 that haven't still fixed or the state they left the sims 3 after they release the sims 4.

If i buy new car and notice it is broken or it has some issues the company where i bought it don't just say " oh, it broken. Can't fix it. Drive it or not , we already got our money"
    But people who sell videogames can just do that.
    But well even one simguru said long time abo that " if sims 4 don't sell there will not be the sims 5"
    So i guess if there won't be coming next serie in some point, every one should just blame customers for not buying over expensive half maked games from them :')

I want to also point out that i really loved the sims 4 but i wasn't happy about get famous, the worlds or how much they recycle same things just whit the new colors or new texture to sell it again. The last thing for me was the island living tho. I wan't to give my feedpack and hope ea would notice these issues. Ofc if majority of players are happy it's fine then. But i wan't to give my feedback since only thing that make game better is negative feedback from players. Whitout them we might not even have terrain tools.

11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Okay, I have already apologized.. I did NOT meant it as negative way. English is not my native language indeed, and very often , after I re-read my own typing, I can see how I could of said what I meant right.

I once again am sorry, I did NOT meant to insult anyone , or anything.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    Okay, I have already apologized.. I did NOT meant it as negative way. English is not my native language indeed, and very often , after I re-read my own typing, I can see how I could of said what I meant right.

My last response wasn’t meant that way, sorry if it felt like that! I just wanted to explain where a lot of us are coming from. This franchise not having any competition just really is a problem here.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019

I wasn't offended, don't worry about it. Here is something this site likes to hide and won't tell you but people and at EA know to be a fact, people like the Peter Moore, Frank G. (no longer there) etc. They know people who complain the loudest about any of their games are their loyalist customer base. They know that, not sure why other players nor the site knows it. But it happens to be a long study and fact. Just ask Peter Moore, or read his articles.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member

for me, it's okay. i was just like you when i started participating in the forums. i tried to defend TS4 in every possible way and didn't need any reason to throw shade at it, and i was also quite annoyed by the amount of hate surrounding the game. all i thought this game was superior as hell and gushed praises and positives plums like that. but boy i was so wrong and plum like that like i feel ashamed of reading my initial posts in the forums...

i learned a lot of things from participating with people like @Cinebar alone. i took the chance to enter and read every possible thread and comment they create. for this reason, they unwittingly made me a 'woke' and daring simmer. i aint afraid no more to share my critical feedback and thoughts in other medias like facebook, twitter, and specially reddit.

english isnt also my mother tongue but i can speak five other languages in our region. whenever i post something that'd snatch every one wigs (excluding this lmao), i always try my best to keep it comprehensive and straightforward.

uwu
    y'all got bread?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited August 2019
    As someone that has bought each and every pack, I expect quality from EA/Maxis. What they've been putting out has not been it. There are bugs within the game that need fixing, so before putting out anymore new content, fixing these bugs needs to be their number one priority. If they don't, the bugs are going to keep on piling on until the game is no longer playable.

Was a rebrand really needed? Did anyone ask for this? It looks tacky and cheap. No game should be putting other players' health at risk. Yes, I'm aware that they made the loading screen darker with the recent update. Making the icons one color makes filtering through the game difficult. There is a wide spectrum of colors, so the excuse of there not being enough colors for future eps is plum. There are different shades of red, blue, green, etc. Players shouldn't have something forced upon them. Players should have the option from the options menu which menu/loading screen they want. I'm a fan of the classic.

http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/8/9/9/1/6/3/4/MTS_TwistedMexi-1675098-MTSPromo1.jpg

It is simple. It tells me what I'm playing. Easy on the eyes and there is no unnecessary clutter. EPS/GPS/SPS being displayed is unnecessary clutter. What if I don't want to make a Sim? Why can't I have the option to jump into the game right away and play with a premade family?

When release schedule is sporadic you know the content is going to be lackluster. When the release of a pack is few days to a week away from release, it makes you wonder if they slapped the stuff together and called it a day. My issue with the Moschino SP is the clothing. Why are the color options so limited? Or why is there no solid color option on said article of clothing? Have a release schedule and stick with it. If release needs to be pushed due to bugs, then push it. We have 15 stuff packs, we don't need more especially since we only have 7 game packs and 7 expansion packs.

Also, with it being 5 years already, why aren't there more color options for hair? Why do we not have burglars, police officers, or firefighters? Why do we not have cars? 4 has loading screens, but so does 2, but they got cars with their first EP. Cars came with the base game of 3. Why are the worlds small? Why are we limited to the amount of lots/empty lots? Enough with the excuses. Realm of Magic might be the last pack I buy. If they somehow manage to mess up my favorite pack in the Sims Franchise (loved Makin' Magic, Apartment Life, and Supernatural) I'm done.

OK So you don't want Sims 4 to end until Realm of Magic but before getting Apartments? :)
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    As someone that has bought each and every pack, I expect quality from EA/Maxis. What they've been putting out has not been it. There are bugs within the game that need fixing, so before putting out anymore new content, fixing these bugs needs to be their number one priority. If they don't, the bugs are going to keep on piling on until the game is no longer playable.

Was a rebrand really needed? Did anyone ask for this? It looks tacky and cheap. No game should be putting other players' health at risk. Yes, I'm aware that they made the loading screen darker with the recent update. Making the icons one color makes filtering through the game difficult. There is a wide spectrum of colors, so the excuse of there not being enough colors for future eps is plum. There are different shades of red, blue, green, etc. Players shouldn't have something forced upon them. Players should have the option from the options menu which menu/loading screen they want. I'm a fan of the classic.

http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/8/9/9/1/6/3/4/MTS_TwistedMexi-1675098-MTSPromo1.jpg

It is simple. It tells me what I'm playing. Easy on the eyes and there is no unnecessary clutter. EPS/GPS/SPS being displayed is unnecessary clutter. What if I don't want to make a Sim? Why can't I have the option to jump into the game right away and play with a premade family?

When release schedule is sporadic you know the content is going to be lackluster. When the release of a pack is few days to a week away from release, it makes you wonder if they slapped the stuff together and called it a day. My issue with the Moschino SP is the clothing. Why are the color options so limited? Or why is there no solid color option on said article of clothing? Have a release schedule and stick with it. If release needs to be pushed due to bugs, then push it. We have 15 stuff packs, we don't need more especially since we only have 7 game packs and 7 expansion packs.

Also, with it being 5 years already, why aren't there more color options for hair? Why do we not have burglars, police officers, or firefighters? Why do we not have cars? 4 has loading screens, but so does 2, but they got cars with their first EP. Cars came with the base game of 3. Why are the worlds small? Why are we limited to the amount of lots/empty lots? Enough with the excuses. Realm of Magic might be the last pack I buy. If they somehow manage to mess up my favorite pack in the Sims Franchise (loved Makin' Magic, Apartment Life, and Supernatural) I'm done.

I'm not a big fan of The Sims Studio shoving down my throat on what packs I've collected and what I haven't. I adore the past main menu screen. The giant PLAY button or just CAS. That was perfectly well done.

I found this fan made main menu on Google. All credit goes to him/her. :)

H0lKIl0.jpg
    ^ I deliberately crossed out the packs section. It looks cleaner and directs you more to play rather than be concerned about your "financial achievements" ;)

XkO6uWz.png
    ^ Fantastic stuff.

FkeSR1o.jpg
    ^ Throwback to the old main menu. <3

----

I personally found past iterations to have improved over time. Credit to Google Search.

E63zeb4.jpg

mEyEKIN.jpg

wao9qyb.jpg
    ^ The Sims 3 eventually implemented an interactive trivia loading screen.

FcgQjUK.jpg

s0R5Td4.jpg

LuY1NkO.png

o56EU30.png
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the reason why things are the way they are - why hasn't feature x been added, why hasn't feature y been fixed - is because the money is flowing in one direction.

People say that a lot of fans are complaining about the game, but the truth is, a large chunk of players will purchase the game and never leave a comment if they're happy. There must be enough money coming in to continue to make the game, but I assume that money is going towards other EA properties, rather than being re-invested in larger budgets for TS4 packs. That, and the necessity to continue producing DLC to keep the revenue stream going, means things will probably stay the way they are until the next iteration is published or the game simply dies out.

I believe someone at Maxis - one of the gurus, can't recall who - said that 2019 was going to be the best year yet. I don't agree. If I'm honest, I think their last good year was 2017, when toddlers arrived and packs like Vampires, Parenthood and Cats & Dogs were released (and even C&D has issues).

The bottom line seems to be: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or if it is broke, sweep it under the rug and smile and point at that shiny talking toilet over there.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hestia wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of The Sims Studio shoving down my throat on what packs I've collected and what I haven't. I adore the past main menu screen. The giant PLAY button or just CAS. That was perfectly well done.

I found this fan made main menu on Google. All credit goes to him/her. :)

H0lKIl0.jpg
    ^ I deliberately crossed out the packs section. It looks cleaner and directs you more to play rather than be concerned about your "financial achievements" ;)

XkO6uWz.png
    ^ Fantastic stuff.

Oh wow I love that! Why couldn't they have done something like that for the rebrand?
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    If they somehow manage to mess up my favorite pack in the Sims Franchise (loved Makin' Magic, Apartment Life, and Supernatural) I'm done.
    City Living counterpart to AL? Or that would be magic exclusive?

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited August 2019
    City Living would be counterpart to AL, but I'm referring to the packs in the sense they had the witch occult. Also, notice how TS2 and TS3 both have white font with blue wrapping around it and the # is green with that same blue wrapping? Why couldn't have they done same for TS4 rebrand instead of that obscene blue?

There was nothing wrong with the plumbob. If they are so deadset on having packs one color, at least use the colors in the Maxis Logo. Yellow for Expansion, Soft/Baby Blue for Game Packs, Green for Stuff packs, and purple for free/promo items.

Here is an example:
    https://altarofgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/strangerville-sims-4-game-pack-icon-all-sims-4-expansion-game-stuff-packs.png

Similar to that icon, but make it a solid baby/soft blue instead of various blue with a white icon of the pack in the center of the blue circle. OK, I'm not good at articulating my words, but you get what I mean.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to the end of this as well. The only thing I hope they do is fix everything before they abandon the game entirely, no more repeats of the disaster that the end of TS3 was.

As for comparison with all the games, I would also agree that TS4 isn't the next iteration that 1-3 was. To me it feels like it's own game revamped to get new players.

If they do make a sims 5 I hope the go back to their roots and stick to what everyone loved about the previous sims 1-3 games.

I wouldn't say Sims 3 was a disaster at the end. It works for me and now 6(?) years later here I am, still playing it. Still a lot I haven't done. I may even consider going back and playing Sims 2 again.

I'm really jealous that it does work for you because it crashes as soon as I load it up, which makes me really mad. Most people still complain about the bugs and glitches that make It crash.

I wish i could go back to sims two, I can't find the complete collection anywhere. it was my favorite sims game.

If it's immediately after load-up, I wonder if it has to do with the "Texture memory: 32MB" issue. Read about that and more here: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26753.0 (for Sims 3)

After I installed TS2 on my new computer and started testing I had that problem, with a max texture memory of 32mb being the apparent cause because a similar guide (for TS2 of course) fixed my issue. Maybe something similar can help you.

Also, AFAIK, 32bit games don't need bugs or glitches to eventually crash in a long play session.
    Simanite wrote: »
    Some people might be offended by this, but TS4 really seems to have become less of a life simulator, and more of an LGBT-panderer. And this is coming from a gay Simmer.

The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 were all life simulators. You can set up your families, tell stories, but often something unexpected would come up that would muddle up your plans - a burglar, a fire, risky chance card results - which to me was symbolic of real life. You can make plans and have ideas as to what you want to do, but often something comes up that prevents that.

The Sims 4 doesn't feel like a life simulator to me at all, it's too happy, bad things never happen without direct player involvement, it tries so hard to be inoffensive and everything always goes right. That's not representative of anyone's life.

I also absolutely agree with your comment in regards to pandering as someone from the LGBT community as well. Putting the couple on the cover and then not actually having them in game with the backstory they're supposed to have is a pretty good example of that. They don't even come in the same file, you have to download them separately.

Not only that but even on the cover it's an ambiguous couple. Sometimes female friends get that close. One has to literally read more into it to discover the bigger picture.

Also, since they download like that, they won't even be a couple unless players set them up, right? :frowning:
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Okay, some replies:

As I am a new member (most likely will be for a long time,as I just cannot post "just because i need posts" ,as that makes me feel I am a spammer) ,I cannot quote or edit, so let it be this way:

@Charlotta11 , ty for your post, you have a point :)

@AHolyToilet

"it doesn't take much energy to write in the forum in the first place"
    <-- this part I agree to disagree :) Or not maybe energy, but personally I really need a good reason to even post at the first place, and why? Just because I fear I end up messing things, like I did now with my very first post :)
    "So hey, we're complaining about something that will likely never change and you're complaining about something that will likely never change."
    <-- Touche! :D Yes you are correct :)

@JoAnne65
    "My last response wasn’t meant that way, sorry if it felt like that!"
    <-- No, it did not felt like that, I just saw so many who quoted my posts and went to "where-is-the-panic-button-mode" :)

@Cinebar
    "I wasn't offended, don't worry about it."
    <-- Thank you. My original message was badly written, what i meant with "waste energy" was, I once played one browsergame, what is still active at current days, but while I lplayed it (2005-2015) , it changed a lot, and needles to tell you, the rl money I spent to that game during the years.. I could get 2 or 3 full sims4 games without sales. It also had forums, but mainly the conversation was placed at IRC, nowadays in Discord, and in the end I simply stopped trying, all I got was wasted energy and myself feeling bad and sad.

@TheIntrovertSimmer
    "i was just like you when i started participating in the forums. i tried to defend TS4 in every possible way and didn't need any reason to throw shade at it, and i was also quite annoyed by the amount of hate surrounding the game. all i thought this game was superior as hell and gushed praises and positives plums like that. but boy i was so wrong and plum like that like i feel ashamed of reading my initial posts in the forums...
    <-- I do not think Sims4 is perfect, far from it. But also I am a new player at TS4. Why it seems like "cool and different".
    And as I skipped the whole TS3 , I never quite understood the complains about loading screens.. as in TS4 those are so fast (to me) , and as I said I have played first TS1 when it was new (I was already adult at that time) , then continued to TS2, what I will play as long as I can , (and oh boy the loading screens in my full game folder atm at TS2 :D.. those are long :P )
    But yes, I think I would of understood better if I had played TS3 and had the chance to experiment the open world.

And the what is the obsession of this forum and plums? I have 2 plumtrees in my garden, tho..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    The memories of playing Makin' Magic. Would love to see the carnival/circus theme reintroduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvMNK0B6ghw
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited August 2019
    And the what is the obsession of this forum and plums? I have 2 plumtrees in my garden, tho..

"Plum" is the censor word that comes up whenever you use words that aren't allowed here.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019
    One more reason I want to see the game wrapped up, patched fully and ended. This thread or any other I have made is never been a rant fest. I have my reasons. And here is one more example: New pack, new bugs, new freezes. Five years and each and every pack causes someone or many and or all problems with each patch and each new pack. :s Now, Maxis, why would I want to continue down this road when you just released a new pack and it's freezing up people's games, pcs? Quality seems to keep slipping through the fingers. Buy Now Fix Later....No.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/964490/moschino-stuff-pack-game-keeps-freezing-while-changing-poses#latest
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited August 2019
    @Cinebar I agree. It's not that I hate the game, to me it's just like watching a wounded animal suffering in front of you with no hope of recovering. Slowly dying. Just have sympathy and put it out of it's misery. It's like a feeling of pity for the franchise at this point.

I can only imagine the state of the game 2 to 3 years after this as the want to drag this on for years.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    @Cinebar I agree. It's not that I hate the game, to me it's just like watching a wounded animal suffering in front of you with no hope of recovering. Slowly dying. Just have sympathy and put it out of it's misery. It's like a feeling of pity for the franchise at this point.

I can only imagine the state of the game 2 to 3 years after this as the want to drag this on for years.

Well not to everybody - I see growth and new life where you see death. It's in the eye of the beholder - as i see a big future ahead that i want to go to in the game. Glad it has more life coming.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited August 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well not to everybody - I see growth and new life where you see death. It's in the eye of the beholder - as i see a big future ahead that i want to go to in the game. Glad it has more life coming.

And I respect that. That's why I said "to me", because I know the next person doesn't feel the same. At the end of the day, we all know it's not ending anytime soon unless something drastic happens. And I'm sure it won't lol so it's safe to say what we want will never come to play until EAxis decides they want it to end the game.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Right now I am hoping they show us some Realm of Magic at Gamescom - fingers crossed for that.

https://www.gamescom.global/

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

I'm sure it's coming soon. With fall around the corner there will be leaks to come haha. Or renders created.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Right now I am hoping they show us some Realm of Magic at Gamescom - fingers crossed for that.

https://www.gamescom.global/

EA are mentioned on the 'Opening Night Live' blog but I expect they will plug their new driving game 'Need for Speed' as they appear to fight shy of mentioning Sims games now. (Unless Sims 5 coming up)!
    https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/news/ea-to-reveal-new-need-for-speed-game/ar-AAFHovb

https://www.gamescom.global/news/blog/these-highlights-await-you-at-gamescom-2019.php

https://www.gamescom.global/exhibitor/ea_swiss
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top