Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i love those early years of a new start's life

the struggling, being broke, starting a new job, any job, your sim just wants money. i really love those early struggle years. who else?
ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited August 2019
    @McTosh

I am not an evil player but I remember when i started playing 3 and had this family that lived in the park basically, no beds just park benches they could nap on lol and they had to shower in the public showers I made them eat via a fire pit and the only household occupant that had a real job was a female teenager who was also exhausted by going to school and then on to her part time job and keeping her grades up haha the husband used to go fishing and harvesting constantly so they could eat something over the fire pit and the wife was a kleptomaniac that used to steal things all the time just to be able to contribute to the household it was hilarious and I swear I could just press play and be entertained for hours then I moved on to allowing all family members to make money one way or another until they could afford a tiny house which was a massive step from where they had been and from there the kids grew up and got jobs but they were always forced to help out the parents lol :)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm just like you, it gives me challenge. There's plans for starting a family, having children, having a big house that I always build etc. I just love it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I like starting like this. It’s nice to look back in a few generations and see how far the family has came.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I do too. It's why I often find myself trashing my latr saves and beginning all over again with my favourite sims. It becomes somewhat boring for me when my families can afford the best house, the best cars, and have tons of money in the bank.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Not me! It's been so long since I started a family with nothing because I never found it fun. My main focus has always been on the genetics and I want my sims to be family ready.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    I do too. It's why I often find myself trashing my latr saves and beginning all over again with my favourite sims. It becomes somewhat boring for me when my families can afford the best house, the best cars, and have tons of money in the bank.

i use nraas to make it harder using the income tax & property tax etc function alongside more expensive bills mod. i found it mitigates the being super rich after the second generation thing i enjoy much longer games this way but yeah it gets super boring once you're rich. i have system where the richer you are the more tax you pay so it really balances it out
  • SqueemotasticSqueemotastic Posts: 25 Member
    I am also a big fan of the early struggles! My sims start on a huge lot with an outdoor shower (maybe) and a sleeping bag. As they collect rocks and so on and skill up enough to start earning money I always make at least one of a couple have the "good" trait so they can remain poor by donating to causes at the mailbox. Once the family is established and on the third generation the elders get rewarded by frequent spa trips for the most expensive packages. My goal is to keep them cash poor for as long as possible. The game makes it WAY too easy to be rich! I don't play with any mods so this is my solution for that :)
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Agreed. I enjoy the struggle.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I can't say I enjoy the struggle as much as I enjoy exploring and not worrying about a lot of Stuff and Sims back at home.
    In TS3 it's more enjoyable for me to play a single Sim out doing things and then sleeping at a friends or a hidden bed somewhere then it is to raise a family of 8.
    It used to be fun seeing how many generations I can get to but not so much any more. :)
    It doesn't seem like a struggle when the food is free and the beds are plentiful.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Being broke or struggling to make ends meet is not something I would like to experience in real life, and therefore I don't enjoy putting my little simmies through that kind of ordeal either.

Fortunately there are plenty of ways to make easy money in TS3, without resorting to cheats like Kaching or Motherlode. Buying, renovating and selling the Classically Cool Fixer-upper Car from Roaring Heights is one of the best.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Me too honestly. I just made my sim quit his job because I thought it was making things too easy for the family. Now they have to live off the land to survive.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    the struggling, being broke, starting a new job, any job, your sim just wants money. i really love those early struggle years. who else?

My sim paints as her profession and writes books every few days. Her husband is a musician. Well, he's a level 4 in the Music career, I think. Three or four. Since one of them had enough points for Inheritance, I gave it to them and now they have just over $25,000(they got $32,000-something, but I bought Liam a very expensive- and fast- car, and a bike for when Mason starts school.)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    With "Fast Lane", there's always the speed 10 Jamboree for a fraction of the price. The tooltip says speed 6, but that's wrong.
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    It's been a while and my sims still have a hard time getting enough simoleons! One daycare, one architect, one singer - plus selling wildflowers, paintings (if i get ones i don't like), inventions, gifts, salvaged stuff.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2019
    I like starting out that way and then building it up to where they can have and do anything, Where I play the A-Z Generation, Sometimes when I am tired of the luxury living, I start the next Generation poor, deleting their money and saying they lost their house and the new young family will start again poor. And sometimes move to a new town even. It just breaks it up a little. I change around like that but not the family generation, it keeps going, rich, poor, sometimes castaway, sometime in the future, living poor in a cabin in the woods, living on a nice or not so nice houseboat. Farm Life, living in a lighthouse, or living in space like Lunar Lakes, Even having a Alien baby. Many ways to change each generation and they continue. I guess its however I feel at the time the new generation comes along and the parents have past, the new generation begins a new life.
    Post edited by Evalen on
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I can't say I enjoy the struggle as much as I enjoy exploring and not worrying about a lot of Stuff and Sims back at home.
    In TS3 it's more enjoyable for me to play a single Sim out doing things and then sleeping at a friends or a hidden bed somewhere then it is to raise a family of 8.
    It used to be fun seeing how many generations I can get to but not so much any more. :)
    It doesn't seem like a struggle when the food is free and the beds are plentiful.

i forgot food was free in base game
    i use the no fridge shopping mod thing where you have to buy and stock food