Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does buying my Sims clothes work? I never tried.

I am having a shopping trip to see if there is something to find for my Sims so they can choose for themselves. Does and mannequin outfit replaces an outfit that your wearing or it adds an outfit? Is there something that I can make sure the outfit gets in the right category. I see with my trip with my Sims that there's an formal outfit, but does it go on as an formal outfit?

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    It depends on what outfit category was used on the mannequin as to which outfit category it shows up for your sim. But if you purchase an outfit it will add it as an additional one to choose from. Good luck and have fun with your shopping trip.
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    Do you mean the outfits demonstrate in the store from Magnolia Promenade? I'd bought one work-out set for my male sim, then when he worked out, he would randomly choose the outfit that I had set in CAS, or the one I bought. When I clicked the change outfit option, he got two set in the sport category.

But the thing is that, you can add 5 sets to each category in CAS! I'd just discovered this recently and not so many players know this feature! Just click the small arrow on the top of a category, you can see an option "add a new set". ( Not sure about the actual words but you guys can get it.) I'm not quite sure about this, but as far as I could remember, those outfits in stores can also be found in the CAS. So why spend money on something that you can just get them for free in CAS? Although it did feel real when buying them in a store, I admitted.

Happy shopping and fashion up!
    Post edited by OphiuchuserRules on
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    Do you means the outfits demonstrate in the store from Magnolia Promenade? I'd bought one work-out set for my male sim, then when he worked out, he would randomly choose the outfit that I had set in CAS, or the one I bought. When I clicked the change outfit option, he got two set in the sport category.

But the thing is that, you can add 5 sets to each category in CAS! I'd just discovered this recently and not so many players know this feature! Just click the small arrow on the top of a category, you can see an option "add a new set". ( Not sure about the actual words but you guys can get it.) I'm not quite sure about this, but as far as I could remember, those outfits in stores can also be found in the CAS. So why spend money on something that you can just get them for free in CAS? Although it did feel real when buying them in a store, I admitted.

I think you may be very late to the party. lol. I believe a huge majority of Sims players know that there are 5 outfits per category. I do agree with why buy clothes when you can get them for free, but it is about the game play. I have done the homeless challenge before and gave my sims cheap looking clothes and when they can afford it, I send them to the "mall" to buy fancier clothes. I may do this again when Moschino comes out.
  • MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Do you means the outfits demonstrate in the store from Magnolia Promenade? I'd bought one work-out set for my male sim, then when he worked out, he would randomly choose the outfit that I had set in CAS, or the one I bought. When I clicked the change outfit option, he got two set in the sport category.

I think you may be very late to the party. lol. I believe a huge majority of Sims players know that there are 5 outfits per category. I do agree with why buy clothes when you can get them for free, but it is about the game play. I have done the homeless challenge before and gave my sims cheap looking clothes and when they can afford it, I send them to the "mall" to buy fancier clothes. I may do this again when Moschino comes out.

I actually disagree. I have been playing since the Sims 1 and I had no idea this was a feature. I will definitely be making some sets for my sims.
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I believe a huge majority of Sims players know that there are 5 outfits per category.

Actually, I've only played sims 4 for months, I discovered this feature when I saw someone in the "Did you know" thread mention it. It turned out some players who had played for a while didn't know this outfit thing. That's why I assumed people still didn't know about this if they didn't pay attention to that small arrow.

Some game's features will be added or changed each update, players might not know about something if they haven't played for a long time. And there are new people joining in the sims 4 community as well, they are more likely not to know about this feature. But you have to admit the arrow which allows you to add more set is a bit "sneaky", right? I've never noticed it until someone pointed it out.

This is a bit off-topic, you seem to be an experienced player who had known a lot about this game, which is totally awesome. But I sort of "warned" you that some people "just don't know" anything about this game, no matter how long they had played. I've recently faced some unpleasant experience here, a player complained children couldn't have some traits, I tried to explain how traits work with some examples. Unfortunately, that person totally got me wrong, accusing me of something that I didn't do, telling me to go somewhere else. This drama hit me that some people just don't know how to play a game, how a game works, or don't even try to think before acting...Anyway, just want to tell you there are weird people who can't take others' opinions.
  • DarketernalDarketernal Posts: 11 New Member
    I didn't even know you could buy clothes for your sims inside of the game, i thought they all already came for free.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    You can only buy clothes if you have GTW.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.