Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things that I have noticed in the latest update...

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
I've had noticed three things that have been changed in the latest update and I haven't seen anyone talk about it, so I'll make this discussion to make sure something isn't wrong with my game.
1. Photos taken through camera won't save in the screenshots folder anymore. I'm not complaining as I used to avoid photography in my game so my screenshots folder won't become full (it was annoying).
2. Sims can't wade in oceans, rivers, and lakes in the other worlds. I tried to in Brindleton Bay, but nothing came up (I clicked on the same spot where I had my sims in one of my videos).
3. When the UI is set to show up on screenshots you take, it doesn't. That thing is annoying for me. That thing I have noticed in the update before.

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I noticed that when you go under romantic or friendly interactions and give a gift to someone the wrapping paper changed. I saw a purple one and a red one for romance. All gifts used to be white with a blue ribbon
    On yours, my photos are still in screenshots. Also the wade in water thing apparently came just before island living was released.. Although its never worked for me
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    On yours, my photos are still in screenshots. Also the wade in water thing apparently came just before island living was released.. Although its never worked for me

@SimAlexandria from what I undersrand only a few spots allowed for wading, the ones where the water actually met the shore (similar to sulani).
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I've had noticed three things that have been changed in the latest update and I haven't seen anyone talk about it, so I'll make this discussion to make sure something isn't wrong with my game.
    1. Photos taken through camera won't save in the screenshots folder anymore. I'm not complaining as I used to avoid photography in my game so my screenshots folder won't become full (it was annoying).
    2. Sims can't wade in oceans, rivers, and lakes in the other worlds. I tried to in Brindleton Bay, but nothing came up (I clicked on the same spot where I had my sims in one of my videos).
    3. When the UI is set to show up on screenshots you take, it doesn't. That thing is annoying for me. That thing I have noticed in the update before.

1. Where do they save?
    2. I think I was able to wade in one of the fishing pools in Strangerville. Haven't tried since the latest update, though.
    3. Yeah, that's a problem from the update before this one.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hmmm my photos still save to screenshots (unfortunately). Haven’t tried the wading thing yet but I was able to do it before it’s a little sad it seems to be gone. The UI issue is a known problem but hopefully it’s fixed soon.
    Starfree wrote: »

@SimAlexandria from what I undersrand only a few spots allowed for wading, the ones where the water actually met the shore (similar to sulani).

That's where I was trying though.... I went to where I saw others screenshots. Prob just needed to repair the game haha but sounds like the feature is gone again now so won't bother haha 😂
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    The UI thing has been happening since the IL patch do it wasn’t the latest patch which broke it. I had actually hoped that the last patch might fix it.
    The UI thing has been happening since the IL patch do it wasn’t the latest patch which broke it. I had actually hoped that the last patch might fix it.

Same.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    From what I understood when the wading became possible outside of Sulani is that it wasn't supposed to happen & it was technically just fixed in the latest patch.

& as others, pics taken with a camera do save into my screenshots folder.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wish my photos didn't save in screenshots. It's so annoying having five of the same picture in my screenshots each time I take a photo. :D
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited August 2019
    I've noticed that my Sim won't stop singing serenades! Also, when he does sing, all sims around him are frozen and don't move. The sim that is singing is also frozen and only his lips move, lol!
    Post edited by rjssim on
    rjssim wrote: »
    I've noticed that my Sim won't stop singing serenades! Also, when he does sing, all sims around him are frozen and don't move. The sims that is singing is also frozen and only his lips move, lol!

My sims freeze up when serenading too. Everything except their mouth. It looks so weird.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I wish my photos didn't save in screenshots. It's so annoying having five of the same picture in my screenshots each time I take a photo. :D

Yes, that's annoying. I just go and delete all unwanted screenshots and leave only few, but I should do that more often, so it wouldn't be so annoying go through those all new ones! :D
    edited August 2019
    Deleted
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Whenever I take pictures in-game, I go to my Screenshots and delete them. It doesn't seem to change anything!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
    edited August 2019
    Whenever I take pictures in-game, I go to my Screenshots and delete them. It doesn't seem to change anything!

@phantasmkiss
    Well, it doesn't affect pictures (objects) in game, but it affects that place where you can manage screenshots in game + where you can create memories of them.

So yes, if you don't use that. It's ok to delete them! (I was planning deleting all of them too and save few screenshots elsewhere, but then I thought that I should try that memories thing first and then do that)
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    All of my pictures taken with camera today were in screenshot folder
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    I checked my screenshots folder and I've found the pictures my sims have taken with their camera.
    EgonVM wrote: »

1. Where do they save?
    2. I think I was able to wade in one of the fishing pools in Strangerville. Haven't tried since the latest update, though.
    3. Yeah, that's a problem from the update before this one.

I went to StrangerVille to try that out, but the only option that popped up was to go fishing.
    Guests that accompany my sim to restaurants are no longer eating their food. That's something I've noticed since the last update.
    A thing I noticed today when making a build: you can no longer place the base game cameras (I don't have GTW or the new pack, so I don't know about those) on any surfaces besides the floor. It was definitely possible before the patch.

(fwiw, there's a bug report on AnswersHQ, if anyone else has the same issue or wants to contribute)
    A thing I noticed today when making a build: you can no longer place the base game cameras (I don't have GTW or the new pack, so I don't know about those) on any surfaces besides the floor. It was definitely possible before the patch.

(fwiw, there's a bug report on AnswersHQ, if anyone else has the same issue or wants to contribute)

It's a bug? They didn't do that deliberately?
    Guests that accompany my sim to restaurants are no longer eating their food. That's something I've noticed since the last update.

Good news---your Sim can eat their food.
    Bad news---every other Sim is staring at them enviously.

It's a bug? They didn't do that deliberately?

I assume... no really, hope it's a bug, because cameras were items that were available to sell on a retail lot and this makes them impossible to place on displays. Plus, according to the bug report, they disappeared from builds where they were previously placed, which... doesn't seem like a feature. Aside from that, it doesn't make sense for them to not be placeable on desks etc.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member

I've had that happen too
  • TwilightDebTwilightDeb Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Sharonia said:
    > rjssim wrote: »
    >
    > I've noticed that my Sim won't stop singing serenades! Also, when he does sing, all sims around him are frozen and don't move. The sims that is singing is also frozen and only his lips move, lol!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > My sims freeze up when serenading too. Everything except their mouth. It looks so weird.

Me too it's driving me crazy!!