Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking Forward To the End Of TS4

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Funny how everyone always say sims 4 looks pretty ( i said that too) but honestly its not even good looking game. I just bought planet coaster and planet zoo ( not released yet) and the style and attentions of details is soo different.
    Sims is just over priced game and dews just don't care or can't do they're job. I said it. The sims quality is not noway near the quality of 2019 simulation games. If people would look other new games they maybe would see how much ea trows sh## to us to buy.

Planet Zoo is breathtaking. November can't get here soon enough.

A-GREE!! I fell in love with Planet Coaster, I am ecstatic for Planet Zoo too.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited August 2019
    Funny how everyone always say sims 4 looks pretty ( i said that too) but honestly its not even good looking game. I just bought planet coaster and planet zoo ( not released yet) and the style and attentions of details is soo different.
    Sims is just over priced game and dews just don't care or can't do they're job. I said it. The sims quality is not noway near the quality of 2019 simulation games. If people would look other new games they maybe would see how much ea trows sh## to us to buy.

By today’s standards there is nothing impressive about Sims 4’s visuals. The only good thing about it is how easy it converts to mobile, and that’s not even good for the players.
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    These Sims play on a loop. I put one female into a house with nothing for fun and or entertainment. One chair. She sat there all day, all night and into the next day pulling out the phone and playing a game or browsing the web etc. I cancelled over and over, she kept doing it. She never got hungry, nor got tired, never got dirty. It took about three days of this for her to finally get dirty enough to need a bath, and she could just keep running on a loop with no more smarter AI than a hampster running on a wheel. That's all she knew, that's all she did. Over and over and over. 2nd day I made her go stand outside on the sidewalk, she didn't need any social and though fun was completely full she would run on that animation loop of pulling out her phone and trying to use her phone, rather than finding someone to talk to, and or go to a picnic area and or do anything. That is the limit of this game's AI. Without any input from a player they are not as smart as a hampster.

I'm curious when you tried this out. Because in my experience the Sim needs are not static like this at all. If nothing else, hygiene, bladder, and hunger fall to low levels within a day. Social takes longer to drop unless they're Outgoing. Perhaps they've tweaked the AI since your experiment?

I'm curious too because I don't think i've experienced this myself. My sim is rarely on her phone and she's either talking to plants or sims or whatever else. Her needs deplete way faster than in three sim days. Without my input, she'd even go outside for a jog or something and will end up talking to other sims so I'm wondering when exactly was this experiment conducted.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I have to admit that if EA don't up their game with Sims 5, I won't be moving forward with The Sims. It's changed, and not for the better! I will never, ever understand why in Sims 4 they removed Create a World, CasT, CAP, and all the gameplay that used to exist in previous games. I don't get it, and I don't think I ever will. They just turned their backs on all those players who enjoyed those previous features. Tch!

Paralives looks hopeful because the creator appears to understand what makes a Sims game good and what the players actually want, unlike EA who don't seem to have a clue what players really enjoy about the Sims games. I'm not convinced that players are enjoying Sims 4 despite the 'apparent' high sales. So many have complained about this game - who is buying it? I, myself, have bought some of it but each and every time I do, I'm disappointed. I've been hanging on and hanging on hopefully waiting for something good to come out of this game but it's just not happening. I can only wait so long before moving on completely. I've already moved on to other games and only rarely open Sims 4 but the way it's going, I'll be out of here completely soon.

They really need to take notice of what so many players are saying about this game. They really do! EA should not take the loyalty of so many unhappy players for granted. They should sit up and take notice because once those players finally quit, which they will, it will be too late to pick them up again. They will all have moved on. It's frustrating to watch them put out the same second rate stuff for so long. Sims 4 is all show and no substance.

Right from the word go they knew something was missing. EA knew the game lacked in certain areas. Marketing was quiet, shady; they were not forthcoming about what would be in the game. And nothing has changed.

Will EA rise to the challenge of competition? Who knows? But I know for sure I will certainly be checking out that competition when it becomes available.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

^^ yup it's so amazing looking and how realistic the animals move. Build move looks like it offer limitless possibilities. The sims could never do that.

Amen to that :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    The current management of Maxis RWS is too comfortable doing nothing and will drive the franchise into the ground. For real. They pat themselves on the back for discounting their game until they turned a profit and disregard their paying customers by trying to replace them literally at all times. They are an anti-player studio who hides that behind “inclusion” but that’s just a front for cashing in on trends and social issues thinking it will sell more copies. Maxis that created this wonderful franchise is long dead. They use the name, but they lack everything else.

Well said.

This is a studio that now celebrates reaching the status quo. Boring.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    LOL, Not maybe NOT the best way to make my first post in the forums, but after lurking for so long I just had to sign up to make this :D

To the OP, Cinebar.. You said yourself , you have not played this game sence 2017.. the thing I do not get is why in earth are you still wasting your energy complaining here (and at other topics) daily , about the game you do not even play, or plan to play ever again ?

(I am TS2 player, but occasionally enjoy playing TS4, I only have base + Get Together and Dining Out .. planning to get that spa thingy and that camping thingy when at good sale. )

I am just confused of all the hate TS4 is getting here.. if you all really hate it so much, why just play something else?
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    And as a newbie , I cannot edit, to correct my typos.. daang :)

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019

Would be cool to see Frontier Devs take on a Life Sim game as well. They already have the ideas, the concepts and the foundations.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    No. There's no point in continuing to buy or play a game less engaging.

If it hasn't interested me in 4-5 years (however long it's been) it's probably not going to interest me no matter what they offer. I will admit to looking forward to ROM, and I'm watching the forums closely for any information that comes on about it, but my hope is low (but not at zero).

I really don't like the emotions, and I'm afraid that the magic introduced is just mainly going to focus on changing emotions or something trivial like that, lol.

Sometimes I feel like a dinosaur and hesitant of change even though I was able to easily transition from Sims 1 to Sims 2 and from Sims 2 to Sims 3 and still love and play constantly each new iteration. So is it me or the game?

It's ironic that they gave us emotions without personality. :) I'm not a big fan of the emotions system as well. I much prefer the moodlets from TS3 or aspiration breakdowns from TS2. Previous games had none of these emotion features, yet the Sims had personality.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hestia wrote: »
    It's ironic that they gave us emotions without personality. :) I'm not a big fan of the emotions system as well. I much prefer the moodlets from TS3 or aspiration breakdowns from TS2. Previous games had none of these emotion features, yet the Sims had personality.

That's because emotion is the same from one person to the next. Sad is sad, angry is angry no matter who it is. The difference lies in what makes us feel the way we do and how we express it. As the game doesn't distinguish on cause or expression it makes everyone look exactly the same. It's personality that "colours" emotion, not the other way round.

When it was announced there would be an "emotion system" prior to the games release, my heart sank as I was certain it would produce emotional prunes and that the Sims would in no wise be smarter as advertised. It is impossible to be smart when emotion is the motivator of action.

I now rest my case. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited August 2019
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    These Sims play on a loop. I put one female into a house with nothing for fun and or entertainment. One chair. She sat there all day, all night and into the next day pulling out the phone and playing a game or browsing the web etc. I cancelled over and over, she kept doing it. She never got hungry, nor got tired, never got dirty. It took about three days of this for her to finally get dirty enough to need a bath, and she could just keep running on a loop with no more smarter AI than a hampster running on a wheel. That's all she knew, that's all she did. Over and over and over. 2nd day I made her go stand outside on the sidewalk, she didn't need any social and though fun was completely full she would run on that animation loop of pulling out her phone and trying to use her phone, rather than finding someone to talk to, and or go to a picnic area and or do anything. That is the limit of this game's AI. Without any input from a player they are not as smart as a hampster.

I'm curious when you tried this out. Because in my experience the Sim needs are not static like this at all. If nothing else, hygiene, bladder, and hunger fall to low levels within a day. Social takes longer to drop unless they're Outgoing. Perhaps they've tweaked the AI since your experiment?

I'm curious too because I don't think i've experienced this myself. My sim is rarely on her phone and she's either talking to plants or sims or whatever else. Her needs deplete way faster than in three sim days. Without my input, she'd even go outside for a jog or something and will end up talking to other sims so I'm wondering when exactly was this experiment conducted.

I just tested this out and had completely different results. Single sim, one chair, no means of entertainment other than phone. Removed the bookshelf. She moved in on a Thursday at 5pm. She entertained herself with the phone for about an hour. Decided to go outside and make a snow angel. Then shoveled snow. Starting singing and acquired the singing skill. At 9:30 she went to the bathroom. At 1:52 am she got hungry. Started a fire while making eggs and toast. Put out fire, resumed cooking. Ate eggs and toast. At 5:35 am she had to go to the bathroom again. Washed hands which increased hygiene. Slept from 6am to 11am.

I placed her in that lot in Willow Creek next to a little park. I started off on that lot and my sims would autonomously walk over to the little park and hang out. Anyway, my sim did walk over to the park and talk to some of the other sims there. She also played chess.

Sims are not going to autonomously travel to another lot if it's not in walking distance. They're not going to pull out their phones and decide to go to the park. Or to the gym. Maybe they'll have that kind of autonomy in Sims 5 and won't need the player to direct them. We'll just sit back and watch them make their own decisions.

• Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    LOL, Not maybe NOT the best way to make my first post in the forums, but after lurking for so long I just had to sign up to make this :D

To the OP, Cinebar.. You said yourself , you have not played this game sence 2017.. the thing I do not get is why in earth are you still wasting your energy complaining here (and at other topics) daily , about the game you do not even play, or plan to play ever again ?

(I am TS2 player, but occasionally enjoy playing TS4, I only have base + Get Together and Dining Out .. planning to get that spa thingy and that camping thingy when at good sale. )

I am just confused of all the hate TS4 is getting here.. if you all really hate it so much, why just play something else?

Something else... Like?

Just how many Sims like life simulators are out there?
    raw
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »

Something else... Like?

It's "my way or the highway" in this thread. @Ellupelluellu Just let them get on with it. There's not a lot of hate, look at the Creative type categories and not just Feedback There's just some posting a lot amongst themselves here. :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    No. There's no point in continuing to buy or play a game less engaging.

If it hasn't interested me in 4-5 years (however long it's been) it's probably not going to interest me no matter what they offer. I will admit to looking forward to ROM, and I'm watching the forums closely for any information that comes on about it, but my hope is low (but not at zero).

I really don't like the emotions, and I'm afraid that the magic introduced is just mainly going to focus on changing emotions or something trivial like that, lol.

Sometimes I feel like a dinosaur and hesitant of change even though I was able to easily transition from Sims 1 to Sims 2 and from Sims 2 to Sims 3 and still love and play constantly each new iteration. So is it me or the game?

I agree. It’s such a shame they never attached the emotions to personalities and reactions of other sims (and interactions with them). I really think that’s the whole problem. They tied them to auras objects have and by that caused the ‘no personalities’ issues. The emotions could have been real fun and something to play around with, if they’d treated them the way reactions in the previous games do.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Something else... Like?

Also, I think it might be wise to go back to lurking if one’s only contribution is trying to derail a topic. Let’s not feed that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Something else... Like?

It's "my way or the highway" in this thread. @Ellupelluellu Just let them get on with it. There's not a lot of hate, look at the Creative type categories and not just Feedback There's just some posting a lot amongst themselves here. :D

It goes both ways and is not an one way street.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    JoAnne65 , you are correct, I apologize :) Wrong place, wrong time.

And to Evil_One , I meant like earlyer sims games, by that "something else" :)

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Twicelikey wrote: »

I just tested this out and had completely different results. Single sim, one chair, no means of entertainment other than phone. Removed the bookshelf. She moved in on a Thursday at 5pm. She entertained herself with the phone for about an hour. Decided to go outside and make a snow angel. Then shoveled snow. Starting singing and acquired the singing skill. At 9:30 she went to the bathroom. At 1:52 am she got hungry. Started a fire while making eggs and toast. Put out fire, resumed cooking. Ate eggs and toast. At 5:35 am she had to go to the bathroom again. Washed hands which increased hygiene. Slept from 6am to 11am.

I placed her in that lot in Willow Creek next to a little park. I started off on that lot and my sims would autonomously walk over to the little park and hang out. Anyway, my sim did walk over to the park and talk to some of the other sims there. She also played chess.

Sims are not going to autonomously travel to another lot if it's not in walking distance. They're not going to pull out their phones and decide to go to the park. Or to the gym. Maybe they'll have that kind of autonomy in Sims 5 and won't need the player to direct them. We'll just sit back and watch them make their own decisions.

I stopped playing at Parenthood, so of course there was more for her to do than sit on her phone like go outside and make a snow angel with more packs installed. The point was I didn't direct her to do anything, and the base and what packs I had installed up through Parenthood, has little in it and wouldn't offer shoveling snow, and or singing, and or things like that so the phone was her choice. And her motives were green or maybe half down and she never decided to bathe and or eat without my input. Most players will make them take care of that about half full, I was testing how long it would take her to decide to bathe and the phone was more important since it took about three days of just sitting and not getting dirty to ever have to bathe. The motive decays extremely slowly. Especially, if they aren't moving around. Social and fun stayed full.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

^^ yup it's so amazing looking and how realistic the animals move. Build move looks like it offer limitless possibilities. The sims could never do that.

The Sims Studio doesn’t look to innovate anymore. They could really be doing a ton of amazing things, actually leading within life simulation.

Right now, all they’re looking to do is milk this product to the ground with poor DLC.

Yup, they don't realize the chance they have to own a franchise like The Sims.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    I have to admit that if EA don't up their game with Sims 5, I won't be moving forward with The Sims. It's changed, and not for the better! I will never, ever understand why in Sims 4 they removed Create a World, CasT, CAP, and all the gameplay that used to exist in previous games. I don't get it, and I don't think I ever will. They just turned their backs on all those players who enjoyed those previous features. Tch!

Paralives looks hopeful because the creator appears to understand what makes a Sims game good and what the players actually want, unlike EA who don't seem to have a clue what players really enjoy about the Sims games. I'm not convinced that players are enjoying Sims 4 despite the 'apparent' high sales. So many have complained about this game - who is buying it? I, myself, have bought some of it but each and every time I do, I'm disappointed. I've been hanging on and hanging on hopefully waiting for something good to come out of this game but it's just not happening. I can only wait so long before moving on completely. I've already moved on to other games and only rarely open Sims 4 but the way it's going, I'll be out of here completely soon.

They really need to take notice of what so many players are saying about this game. They really do! EA should not take the loyalty of so many unhappy players for granted. They should sit up and take notice because once those players finally quit, which they will, it will be too late to pick them up again. They will all have moved on. It's frustrating to watch them put out the same second rate stuff for so long. Sims 4 is all show and no substance.

Right from the word go they knew something was missing. EA knew the game lacked in certain areas. Marketing was quiet, shady; they were not forthcoming about what would be in the game. And nothing has changed.

Will EA rise to the challenge of competition? Who knows? But I know for sure I will certainly be checking out that competition when it becomes available.

This is the problem of this game. The reason why it's still selling.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

The Sims Studio doesn’t look to innovate anymore. They could really be doing a ton of amazing things, actually leading within life simulation.

Right now, all they’re looking to do is milk this product to the ground with poor DLC.

Yup, they don't realize the chance they have to own a franchise like The Sims.

There's no incentive for them to do better. There's no competition to compare to, so they get to set the standard - and it's heavily lacking. People will buy the game in its lacking state and so they will continue with that standard, which is a shame because we know they bow to pressure from fans (as they did with features such as pools and toddlers). EA re-structured an entire game, Battlefront II, after massive backlash, so they will go to great lengths if enough complaints are received. Chief creative officer Rich Hilleman said that "EA listens most to those who complain the loudest".

People are free to enjoy the game however they like of course, but there's no denying the fact that what I imagine is a huge portion of the community is upset. A look over on Twitter or YouTube confirms that for me; top comments are always critical or outright negative in most cases.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top