Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Gameplay

Which do you prefer?
Dark magic (evil witches, wizards, crow pets, dark decor)
349HFuq.jpg
DWAfNkf.jpg
Ff6JIiK.jpg
e2Yx2Gg.png
KeduZtE.png
xPhNZph.png

Good magic(fairies, unicorns, colorful decor)
7GFNsDS.jpg
ICL0hlH.jpg
VcyfKJm.png
efCHUzr.jpg

Realm of Magic Gameplay 92 votes

Dark Magic
68%
IcewolflilacksbPeapond69AlrynnDJQ1308robyngravesIObelleJnyxdrake_mccartymoltaziamock68loubyloulouAngelluluKalaniCooldetermigalex_alex09MilutinMujovicdavina1221amcroceCeCeDot 63 votes
Good magic
31%
SimsprocfunaprilrosefriendlysimmersMoon_WillowwrenstalesAwkwardAquaashcrash19LissyK9Sakuske1annaliese39kw4222rjssimadduapina83bienchenabelhinha35comicsforlifeSimfamousmegank48906Vivi_WillowTreeAtreya33 29 votes

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    What if we want both, and neutral magic too?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Both. Both is good.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Same, I'd like dark gothic magic, neutral elf/fairy magic, and practical magic (for the everyday sim).
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Good magic
    I honestly want both, but I chose good for the fairies. The Fair Folk aren't necessarily 'good' though, in fact they are often depicted as malevolent tricksters or neutral at best. >:) I would love unicorns, but I want horses too in a different pack.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2019
    Aesthetically, good magic. (I love me some fairy decor. give me unicorns and rainbows and glowing things all over)

Gameplay, dark magic. (I want to curse people and steal their infants, dangit)

It's funny that a simcarnation of the Addams Family is an example of Dark, given that they're kind of the reverse. A dark aesthetic, but incredibly nice and hospitable people.
    Post edited by Ivyeyed on
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited August 2019
    Both - however they feel or whatever the situation is at the time. No forcing an alignment! If they set up a powers/weaknesses tree, like they did for Vampires, they should include some abilities that would make them more prevalent to a side but not locking them in.

Now, as far as CAS, we should be able to make them look dark or good (or normal). We should be able to create different types of Spellcasters.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Good magic
    I chose good but to me - one isn't enough - I would not be satisfied with having one without the others. What is the point of good or evil if the other doesn't exist to create tension and drama. And I like some of my "good"witches / fairies looking dark and gothic style and some beautiful pastel evil ones - - it would be nice to have a conflicted character who could access both sides -or choose to be neutral. I would feel robbed if the pack only had one sort of aesthetics / or good/evil magic users. @Anmirla I like the vampire tree and hope for something similar too. I agree that I don't want to be locked in to a side.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    All of the above and more.

Inspiration ideas: The Sims Makin' Magic, The Sims 2 Freeplay, and The Sims 3 Supernatural.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Good magic
    for me its none of the above since when the pack comes out i am buying it only for the buy mode content not the life state and will not be playing witches or wizards thats my choice as a player of the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Dark Magic
    I'd really like both but if I HAD to choose, Dark Magic.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    Dark Magic
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Aesthetically, good magic. (I love me some fairy decor. give me unicorns and rainbows and glowing things all over)

Gameplay, dark magic. (I want to curse people and steal their infants, dangit)

It's funny that a simcarnation of the Addams Family is an example of Dark, given that they're kind of the reverse. A dark aesthetic, but incredibly nice and hospitable people.

Except for when they bury people alive or feed them to aligators :D
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Dark Magic
    Both would be ideal, but I'd prefer darker magic as long as it remains in the teen rating category.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I'd prefer both.That way I can have my evil Light Fairies causing havoc, and having my good Shadow wizards makig potions to heal people. I can have unicorns,dragonschimeras and other mythical animals,and if I want,I can be a troll,an ogre,a werewolf or even a minotaur!
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Both.

I always like it when magic is a tool that can be good or bad, depending on how it's used, rather than being inherently one or the other. People are gray. Magic should be neutral.

In terms of aesthetics of the pack... I'm hoping for a bit of everything. Enchanting, wondrous, and a bit disturbing and creepy. Maybe with a nod to Brian Froud. (He was the conceptual designer on Labyrinth)
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Which do you prefer?
    Dark magic (evil witches, wizards, crow pets, dark decor)
    349HFuq.jpg
    DWAfNkf.jpg
    Ff6JIiK.jpg
    e2Yx2Gg.png
    KeduZtE.png
    xPhNZph.png

Good magic(fairies, unicorns, colorful decor)
    7GFNsDS.jpg
    ICL0hlH.jpg
    VcyfKJm.png
    efCHUzr.jpg

Both. Both is good.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Dark Magic
    I chose both since more interested in witches but I'd like both.
  • SimfamousSimfamous Posts: 59 Member
    Good magic
    I would honestly like to see both. I really like the cobblestone looking houses but I also like the idea of a quaint cabin where woodland creatures would reside. A perfect medium would be having the ability to choose whether we want to perform good or evil magic and get CAS items and build items that would give us options.
    giphy.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Dark Magic
    Most certainly both. But if I had to choose.... Always Dark. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    krabs_rag3do.jpg
    I... I can't choose just one...
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I want lots of choice when it comes to magic. Good/evil/neutral, elemental spells, mind control, levitation, teleportation - everything!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Both.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Dark Magic
    What I want is to have a war between good and evil. So having good and bad magic would be great. If I don't get good magic I will use non-magical sims, good mermaids, and plasma only vampires to defeat the powers of darkness. Where there is a will there is a way.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Dark Magic
    @alex_alex09 .
    Is the first house in your pic list, the Adams family house?
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i would like both with a skill tree like get famous had the bad rep/good rep routes
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Good magic
    I want to choose myself and be able to do both. But I am most interested in good magic