Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feature Updates for DLCs.

JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Why is it that the Base Game, can have it's own feature update but not for Expansion Packs, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs???
The DLCs are horrendously watered down, it's like if you guys had more ideas for the DLCs you can just put it as a feature update for the DLCs too. You guys don't have to go to a weird schedule that has to fit it on a theme or something.

Can you guys the Developers and EA, at least put some effort for the DLCs? please. They need to be refreshed and get a new look, Luxury Stuff Pack needs a total makeover and add some new content for it too. It's tiring to see the fact that they're in a stagnant position, they need to be streamlined, like what the Base Game has in terms of monthly updates.

Thanks for listening
39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

Post edited by JasonRMJ on

Comments

• JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I hope people start discussing this post, It needs to be blown up into the air.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Maybe if you request it be moved to the game feedback forum? This is feedback for the forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Moved the thread to the game feedback section 😁

~EA_Joz
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd love to see existing DLC's updated, but it seems the team would rather make us pay for feature updates in the form of entirely new packs if their little mosino pack is anything to go by.

I'd love for future patches to (in addition to fixing bugs) upgrade existing features.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I think the problem largely boils down to...

"This month, we're adding x y z to EP so and so much FOR FREE!!!!"

"What? No base game update? What about those who don't own this pack? Why aren't we getting anything?"
    "Em, they gave photography away for free to everyone, why not this?"
    "That's what you call free? Trying to trick us into buying an EP just so we can enjoy some free content too??"
    "I think they should be focusing on fixing their game first before adding more crap to it, especially if it's not even going to be for everyone!"

I apologise in advance.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited August 2019
    No money in updating what we already paid for. EA wants money, and they would rather make us pay for something, then release it for free a few years later, and then make us pay for an upgrade which will probably also be released for free in a bit. I’d like them to just do it right the first go around, so their time and energy can be spent making new things. However they’ve seen that players will pay for half an idea now and the rest later on.
    edited August 2019
    No money in updating what we already paid for. EA wants money, and they would rather make us pay for something, then release it for free a few years later, and then make us pay for an upgrade which will probably also be released for free in a bit. I’d like them to just do it right the first go around, so their time and energy can be spent making new things. However they’ve seen that players will pay for half an idea now and the rest later on.

I believed that if we voiced our concerns like what the EA YouTube game changers did, we can make them do it!

edited August 2019
    Dear God, Moschino Stuff Pack CAS asset are so little, It's sad. Can you guys add more please? in the near future? probably the fashion designer wants to add in more CAS items, which he should've been given to as the art director for that SP.
    Post edited by JasonRMJ on

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I agree. They forget to include matching island counters then take their time adding them in an update. There’s more lacking than that. Maybe if they enhanced DLC features, more people who skipped the pack before would decide to buy it now. I feel as though they react to our feedback by putting those ideas into another new pack to buy, they’ll never admit we should have gotten camera poses to begin with. And that’s if they even show up with what we’re asking for, instead of just more stuff nobody cares about.

But EA would still give out FREE updates for the Base Game, why not the DLCs? which we paid for.

• PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited August 2019
    JasonRMJ wrote: »

But EA would still give out FREE updates for the Base Game, why not the DLCs? which we paid for.
    No money in updating what we already paid for.

This.

Also, Grant has already said that he was interested in releasing more DLC for DLC on Twitter, like they did with MFPS. When talking about GTW he said they could add more active careers via paid DLC. Updates wouldn't be free.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2019

I believed that if we voiced our concerns like what the EA YouTube game changers did, we can make them do it!

I believe we can but as long as everybody is not on board or just accept paying more for less even if the little they do offer is not even worth the price, EA/Maxis will keep on doing what they doing. I am glad I am not dependent on the Sims as the only game I play and rather spend my money on games that are worthwhile and also I no longer pay the asking price.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    edited August 2019

No money in updating what we already paid for.

This.

Also, Grant has already said that he was interested in releasing more DLC for DLC on Twitter, like they did with MFPS. When talking about GTW he said they could add more active careers via paid DLC. Updates wouldn't be free.

Didn't they learn anything from MFPS, that we don't appreciate that sort of extortion? Yes, I used the e-word, and I've read some 3rd party reviewers that have used it as well.

As for GTW, how about they fix the ones we already have? Something wrong with not dealing with the weeds before planting new seeds. Seems that the company focus is about $, not delivering a quality product.
    Post edited by Oldeseadogge on
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright let's leave it out with insults towards devs please. It's seriously inappropriate and not acceptable. I've removed some from in here please do not post any more.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I would love updates for DLC as well :)
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited August 2019
    Updates for DLC would be nice. Heck, there's another thread about patching hot tubs into the base game...so how about a big hot tub update that ads one new hot tub each to the base game, "Spa Day," "Get Together," "Seasons," and "Island Living"? (Why these four packs? Because it's thematically appropriate.) Another thread is going on about upgrading Aliens, which would be a GREAT patch for GTW. And, though the "My First Pet Stuff" damage has been done, they could at least create a special $45 bundle where the two packs come together or have a sale where if you buy (or have bought) "Cats and Dogs" you get "My First Pet Stuff" half off.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Updates for DLC would be nice. Heck, there's another thread about patching hot tubs into the base game...so how about a big hot tub update that ads one new hot tub each to the base game, "Spa Day," "Get Together," "Seasons," and "Island Living"? (Why these four packs? Because it's thematically appropriate.) Another thread is going on about upgrading Aliens, which would be a GREAT patch for GTW. And, though the "My First Pet Stuff" damage has been done, they could at least create a special $45 bundle where the two packs come together or have a sale where if you buy (or have bought) "Cats and Dogs" you get "My First Pet Stuff" half off.

They offered that when MFP came out for a few days.

But keep in mind when Sims 4 first started they told us what ever was in a stuff pack was things we would not get other wise as devs who made the other packs had no plans to make any of the features that would be in stuff packs. It is the reason why I believe laundry won the Community Stuff pack was because that was their only way to get laundry in the game. So if something is being asked for from a sp after we were told we could only get this stuff from buying a sp - well I think expecting to get sp stuff now for free or through other packs is not fair to people who bought all these sps just to have the content they would otherwise not get.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

They offered that when MFP came out for a few days.

But keep in mind when Sims 4 first started they told us what ever was in a stuff pack was things we would not get other wise as devs who made the other packs had no plans to make any of the features that would be in stuff packs. It is the reason why I believe laundry won the Community Stuff pack was because that was their only way to get laundry in the game. So if something is being asked for from a sp after we were told we could only get this stuff from buying a sp - well I think expecting to get sp stuff now for free or through other packs is not fair to people who bought all these sps just to have the content they would otherwise not get.

Really, packs were mis-managed from the get-go with this game. Too many features and items that should have been in EP's were shoved into SP's, whether out of anxiousness to get the bigger packs out sooner or executive order to toss out as many packs as possible. As a result, we got EP's that don't feel worth the $40 price tag (I buy all of mine half off) and an ultimatum to buy stuff that should have been in these packs separately or not get them at all. They should never have omitted features from EP's and then banned them from ever appearing in them just to sell more DLC. Hot tubs are a good example of this. They are something that fits with and could easily have been part of several themed packs. Instead, they spun it off so that you have one SP with a measly two hot tubs and that's it for the entire run of the game because Corporate wants to sell more micro-products.

Tell me, if that wave of hot tub additions included adding the biggest and best hot tub in the game to "Perfect Patio" as well, would you like it any better, or would you still be grumpy about it?
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.

I wish they added in ground hot tubs by updating the packs. It's doesn't take much effort for the devs anyway, they can reuse the present animations they have for in-ground hot tubs.

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    In the same survey that gave us Snowy Escape there was a voting option for "Which expansion or game pack would you like to receive extra polish" I obviously voted Get to Work, Island Living and Dine Out since I want to be able to play as chef or waiter and hire who I want not random townies.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Necro'ing this post back, I'm super glad that The Sims Team finally listened and they refreshed Spa Day. I hope they do more refresh packs.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Provided they don't break them. Spa Day reportedly has lots of issues now.