Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They Changed The New Fashion Photography Career!

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
I’m hearing conflicting reports. I distinctly remember them saying the new Fashion Photography career was going to be part-time. But now I’m hearing that it’s actually listed as a Freelancer option. What’s the truth? And does it come in the Moschino pack or was it a part of the free update?

I’m confused. Did they switch it up on us (and if so why) or am I remembering wrong?

ETA: Found the link from June stating the career was going to be part-time.

“During The Sims 4 livestream at EA Play, SimGurus Duke and Lyndsay announced that the next Stuff Pack for The Sims 4 is titled The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff. This stuff pack will be coming out later this summer with more information coming at a later date. In addition to Moschino fashions, there will be a new part time job as a Fashion Photographer.

https://simsvip.com/2019/06/08/ea-announces-the-sims-4-moschino-stuff/

Now I’m disappointed because I was hoping for a new part-time career. What a bummer.

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It's a freelancer option, and exclusive to the pack :) I don't think they ever said it was anything else, unless I'm mistaken?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2019
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    It's a freelancer option, and exclusive to the pack :) I don't think they ever said it was anything else, unless I'm mistaken?

Yea look at this from June. It was supposed to be part-time. I wonder when and why they decided to change it.

“During The Sims 4 livestream at EA Play, SimGurus Duke and Lyndsay announced that the next Stuff Pack for The Sims 4 is titled The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff. This stuff pack will be coming out later this summer with more information coming at a later date. In addition to Moschino fashions, there will be a new part time job as a Fashion Photographer.

https://simsvip.com/2019/06/08/ea-announces-the-sims-4-moschino-stuff/
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    People misspeak all the time. It is possible that at the time the original announcement was made, the career was still being created, or simply the information they had to relay was misunderstood.
    edited August 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »
    People misspeak all the time. It is possible that at the time the original announcement was made, the career was still being created, or simply the information they had to relay was misunderstood.

I don’t think so because this was 2 months ago and should have been corrected by now if it was an error. You can click the link and it still says the same thing.

I’m under the impression they changed it into a Freelancer career and not a part time job for whatever reason and I find it disappointing because I personally don’t really care for the Freelancer careers and would’ve preferred another part-time job. That’s what I’ve been hoping for since June when they announced this. That was one of the main reasons I wanted this pack. :(
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    According to Sims Community they said it would be a “part-time freelance fashion photographer.”

https://simscommunity.info/2019/06/08/the-sims-4-ea-play-livestream-recap/
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited August 2019
    I heard freelance during the EA play livestream. I was excited because I love the freelance career option so that’s the only reason I remember it so specifically.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I remember them saying freelance when they first mentioned it, which can technically be seen as part-time as it doesn't have set hours. Maybe that's where the confusion came from?
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    In the livestream it is def a freelance career.
    I have never used the part time careers but aren't they all rabbitholes? If so, it makes much more sense to make the photography career freelance, since there are so many new gameplay objects for photography it would have been a waste imho.

@Chazzzy why would you have preffered part time, if you don't mind me asking?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I don’t think so because this was 2 months ago and should have been corrected by now if it was an error. You can click the link and it still says the same thing.

I’m under the impression they changed it into a Freelancer career and not a part time job for whatever reason and I find it disappointing because I personally don’t really care for the Freelancer careers and would’ve preferred another part-time job. That’s what I’ve been hoping for since June when they announced this. That was one of the main reasons I wanted this pack. :(

Maybe they figured out that there was more there than expected so was beyond the scope of part-time careers. And the part-time careers are I believe all rabbit holes and people were complaining about jobs like lifeguard in IL being rabbit hole. Maybe they could have split the difference and made it a WFH career, but they didn't choose to go that route.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    In the livestream it is def a freelance career.
    I have never used the part time careers but aren't they all rabbitholes? If so, it makes much more sense to make the photography career freelance, since there are so many new gameplay objects for photography it would have been a waste imho.

@Chazzzy why would you have preffered part time, if you don't mind me asking?

I kinda like my Sims having multiple jobs outside of the home. They can go off and do stuff and then I can control the Sims who remain. I don’t like too much work from home. It’s a little stressful to me.

I have one Sim who has 4 part-time jobs and it’s awesome lol he’s home for an hour and then back out working again
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Maybe they figured out that there was more there than expected so was beyond the scope of part-time careers. And the part-time careers are I believe all rabbit holes and people were complaining about jobs like lifeguard in IL being rabbit hole. Maybe they could have split the difference and made it a WFH career, but they didn't choose to go that route.

I’m one of the rare ones who loves rabbit holes. It makes having multiple Sims in the household much easier in my opinion.
    I remember them saying freelance when they first mentioned it, which can technically be seen as part-time as it doesn't have set hours. Maybe that's where the confusion came from?

Could be. So far we have regular careers, part time, active, work from home, and now freelance. So categorizing a new job as both freelance AND part time is a bit confusing. Even the Sims Community website and SimsVIP are both established and yet described the new pack 2 different ways. Going forward, they should stick to just one in my opinion.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    And odd jobs. Which makes me wonder if you mean your Sim does odd jobs, too, because I'm pretty sure one Sim can only have two part time jobs, max (unmodded) and you said your Sim has 4.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i remember them announcing it as a part-time, but its a freelance which i find more suitable
    edited August 2019
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    And odd jobs. Which makes me wonder if you mean your Sim does odd jobs, too, because I'm pretty sure one Sim can only have two part time jobs, max (unmodded) and you said your Sim has 4.

Yes I use a mod so my Sim can have more than 2 jobs. He can have as many combinations of part time, regular, active etc jobs as I want him to have as long as the hours are different.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited August 2019
    I thought it would be pretty obvious the career would be like a work from home thing. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I get the "Oh, dear, god, I'm stuck with 5 Sims all weekend/day off...." thing, haha. I try to get their Needs up early and then just focus on one at a time. If they knew anything, that would help, wouldn't it? 🙄

For this particular pack, tho, if the Photographer was a rabbithole, would that really take advantage of the upgraded photography objects? I mean, I guess we'd no doubt use them, but to me they really go hand in hand.

Rabbithole careers are a pretty easy do, so maybe we're bound to get more of them, eh?
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    To me, we should have never had any rabbitholes to begin with in the sims 4, it breaks the immersion for me and many other players. Rabbitholes should've started going out the widow during the sims 3 era. When the sims 4 got released, for every rabbithole career, there should've been and option to make that career active or work from home.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    NiaraTiara wrote: »
    To me, we should have never had any rabbitholes to begin with in the sims 4, it breaks the immersion for me and many other players. Rabbitholes should've started going out the widow during the sims 3 era. When the sims 4 got released, for every rabbithole career, there should've been and option to make that career active or work from home.

I do enjoy active to semi-active careers in this game along with the odd jobs that came with IL. I just cant see them doing away with the rabbit hole aspect. Though some jobs and things sound down right boring when I think how they could be active. Plus with not being able to go back and forth between sims in active jobs and the limitations with the game that probably wasn't gonna be a thing undoetunately.

I am glad more careers since City Living are being more semi-active to work from home and hope they keep that up with anymore careers they introduce. :smile:

The Freelancer (self-employed) career has been a great addition imo as sims can work at their own pace and is a bit different than the usual indepently making money off at and programming.

Compared to the previous games I feel like there's been a lot more choices now for careers being more active.
    5vJrxmT.png