The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taking a group photo of three sims

LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
How do you take group photos of more than one sims?? I have this as a task for the freelancer career, but I literally have no idea how to make it work. You can't take a photo of more than one person, taking pictures of three sims standing together didn't work, can't take a photo of more than one in the photo studio.

I'm stumped.

edited because I said "adults" instead of "sims" which was a misquote.

edited AGAIN: *sigh* okay, you have to use the tripod, that's all. Right.

Comments

• LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    Okay, but this doesn't actually work, either.

Even when they are all gathered, it just stays on "take a picture" and then they eventually walk away.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    You have to use those marks to stand on. Went back in game to look them up.. called Fashion Studio Subject Mark... you can put them in your sims inventory also along with the tripod to take pictures out and about.
    egTcBMc.png
    Thanks

This is so picky. So here are the exact steps:

1) Take tripod out, put camera on it

2) place marks (for the record, using a teleportation statue from that teleport anywhere mod is so much easier BUT it won't count)

3) Tell each one where to pose

4) Take Picture of Sim on Mark

It seems really simple and obvious now, but ugh. Less fun and more limited than the way it works using teleports and pose packs.

I'm super into the photography aspect of the game, so that's why I bought this pack. I'm hoping it turns out well.

I don't understand why there is even the option to take pictures of multiple sims without the mark? It doesn't work at all. Is it supposed to?
    Actually .. sorry they don't have to use the marks. I thought they did. You can use them but I'm getting shots of all three without them also.
    It's a definite learning curve. The livestream was good at giving info about it. Below is the screenshot from my folder.. it comes in closer on the pictures like the ones on the wall behind the sims.
    03UqGSr.png
    egTcBMc.png
    How?? I haven't gotten it to do anything but stall on "taking a picture"!
    I'm just using the tripod.. first I had all the sims go pose on the marks, (they are invisible in the shot above) and then selected from the tripod (with a camera on it) to take picture of selected sims... then I selected them all and took the shots that I put on the wall.
    Then I let them leave the marks and again clicked on the tripod to take pictures of and selected all three of them again and got the shot you see there.
    I do really suggest you look at the livestream.
    What do you mean by "stall" does it freeze up?
    egTcBMc.png
    edited August 2019
    Have you done it without using the marks first though?

Incidentally, I have managed to take a pic of two of them this way, but the third always just wanders off.

It doesn't freeze, the action stalls. Like the sim taking the picture just stays on "taking a picture" until you cancel it, long after they've walked away. The game doesn't freeze though, and the sim is fine after you cancel it.

I really really have not gotten this to work without using the marks first. It's like having them pose there resets all the other actions and things they have distracting them or that they have queued up. One of the three always seems to be a problem, and as long as one of them is, then the photographer sim never triggers the camera view with the poses etc.
    The first shots were with the marks... the second without, but pretty much right after they got off the marks.
    I haven't tried without marks at all from the beginning. I did notice that the shots that I took while not on the marks were good at first then they start talking and facing each other and in the later pictures they might not be facing where I want them too. So the marks seem to be good at getting them separated again and as you said keeps them from getting distracted... I plan on using them to herd the sims.
    I had to cancel the action a few times also. Usually they had started chatting and I had to retry to get them to obey me.

egTcBMc.png
    Please try without the marks first, see if the same thing is happening.

They will all "wait for photographer" in front of the camera, the photographer sim will bend down quickly like he's taking a picture, then stand back up immediately and then just forever be "taking a picture". Then one of the Sims will queue up a task and leave, and the others will follow right after.

I've tried this multiple ways, in different locations, with different groups. It just won't happen for me without the marks first.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    Same. If I don’t put marks one of them leaves before the picture is taken or just never comes (“wait for photographer” isn’t in their queue) it drives me nuuuuuuuuuuuuts.
    Please try without the marks first, see if the same thing is happening.

They will all "wait for photographer" in front of the camera, the photographer sim will bend down quickly like he's taking a picture, then stand back up immediately and then just forever be "taking a picture". Then one of the Sims will queue up a task and leave, and the others will follow right after.

I've tried this multiple ways, in different locations, with different groups. It just won't happen for me without the marks first.

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've been able to do two Sims without the marks but haven't tried three yet. With the two, I had the camera on the tripod and used the option take picture with and they did it just fine. The only time I had trouble was when the camera was too close to the wall and I got a routing error. I will try doing it with three Sims later this morning.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
    edited August 2019
    Had to sleep :).

Okay tried again today and basically I have to use the marks first to get them where I want them (for taking a shot with 3 sims). Then I take shots that way. Then when they relax and start moving I can usually get a second set of shots with them off the marks.
    I went outside of my sims lot .. so the sims were even harder to control so I cheated them all happy. They seemed to do better then. It's still time consuming but I had fun with it.

When in the studio or room/lot you can control it helps to lock them in with you lol.. whatever it takes.

egTcBMc.png
  • bananapie4lifebananapie4life Posts: 2 New Member
    Anyone know how to take group pics (of like whole families,) without any of the ad ins and stuff, because i can’t keep all of my sims (some of them ain’t in the household anymore) together long enough to do it, wanted at least one family photo before the dad died since he’s old and I don’t know how much longer he has
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    Not sure if this helps... but I have the marks in the studio...

I click on them to hire the model(s), if I need them in certain outfits, I choose Freelancer from the option menu on the model, then design outfits for each model...

once all the models outfits are designed, I ask them to change into that outfit...

then I click on the camera & tripod set up in the studio and I choose "Take photo of..." where I then choose all models for the photo shoot...

then when the photo window pops up, I choose the size of photo I want... scenic or portrait... and poses