Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a style - a bless and a curse

chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
I am perfectionist and when I building something I have to restyle at least 80% of things on lot. It's kinda frustrating, cause most of furniture that came in EP and SP have ugly textures I can't even look at. Only in University, Seasons and Outdoor Living are furniture with decent looking texture with which I don't have urge to restyle. So it takes a lot of time to be satisfied with effects on lots.

It leaves me kinda irritated cause making whole town is a sick amount of work and I wonder if only I have this problem or am I being oversensitive in that matter? How long does it take you to create fully furnished lot when you creating world? How many percent of things do you restyle per lot? (circa)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    I am so with you on this, I CASt everything in sight when building, it's one of the reasons I'm so slow (perfectionism is a curse in itself :D ) I'd say I take about 1-2 hours per lot at least, and that's just the smaller lots. I dread making the larger ones!
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    It doesn't irritate me at all. I love recoloring everything in sight. I even wish plants/flowers could be recolored ; )
    You can click the "random" color button once an object is on your cursor. (looks like dice, if I recall).
    Sometimes you get a pretty good color, sometimes not. It's faster, tho.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I'm not a perfectionist. I like things a certain way but perfection I can't do. I learned that long ago so I let it go and work the best I can with what I have.

I don't mind everything not matching; my furniture doesn't match, my bedspread and curtains don't quite match. These things I don't mind because I can't afford to care.

In Sims, it only has to be what I like and not what I wish was exactly what I want.

I used to have that problem and I'm so thankful I don't any more. My heart goes out to you because I get it. :hugz: :cookie:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top