Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino pack geared toward photography

In the trailer and the announcements this was the biggest selling point, but there isnt even a photography studio lot option. Another half 🐸🐸🐸🐸 attempt. Why even advertise and put in a new career option if it's not going to be complete.

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    In the trailer and the announcements this was the biggest selling point, but there isnt even a photography studio lot option. Another half plum attempt. Why even advertise and put in a new career option if it's not going to be complete.

There are a couple of Maxis rooms with the pack full of the photographic pack stuff and windows etc. I built a house around them for myself.

The developers don't know what other packs you might have and I don't know of any houses they made for the Laundry one. Do any Stuff packs have Maxis houses straight off? I get a bit tired of the "Basic" plus pack premades myself.

Maxis lots tend to be put on the Gallery later as do the Sims they use as far as I know.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I think OP is looking for a specific lot type, like Residential, Vet Clinic, etc.

The career has been advanced as a Freelancer one, not an active career like actor, veterinarian, doctor, etc. Whether or not that's an incomplete career type is a matter of opinion.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think you are missing the entire point of this thread. They made a pack for fashion/photography. Advertising a new career as a freelance photographer and building your own studio to work in. If this was the case they needed a lot option for the photography.

I have made my own studios since they came out with all of the photography items in get to work. I don't want to download a generic, lounge, retail lots.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    To me, having a specific studio lot type would imply that you can build one in a world and when you come there, an NPC would spawn to be the photographer. This is possible in places that are active (restaurants, vet clinics) where the objects are set up to trigger this.

Since the photography ones are not set up this way (and this is where we disagree because I don't think they need to, not with how the career was presented), the generic lot (for when you just want the studio somewhere accessible) or retail lot (for when you want your Sim to own the building) or the residential lot (for when you want to build a home studio) work just fine.

Could they have added that option? Yeah. I just don't think they needed to, not for what the career is.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I believe they showcased it in the livestream as an in home photography studio. I'm using it as a retail photography studio. Selling cameras and picture frames and other photography related items.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Does anyone actually know of any stuffpack that came with a lot? They come with gamepacks and expansions. Bowling night had a lot made for it in the Gallery later and Glamour Stuff glamorised the Goth family villa which also got onto the Gallery much later, any others?

Therefore, as I said before, I believe Stuff packs don't get lots, only rooms actually in the pack.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    You can own your own business lot with restaurants, cafes, grocery stores, vet clinics etc. So why would it be an npc only thing? No one else comes into a generic lot when you travel there.
    Bowling alleys don't even have their own lots you have to use the lounge or bar lot option.
    Photography was introduced in the get to work expansion so the lot option still could be patched in.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The point of freelance and semi-active careers is for you to play however you want.
    Only active careers have their own lot, and even then you can only edit the GTW ones.

You want a photo studio for your sim to work at ? Build one. If it was a special lot type, people wanting to play from home couldn't.
    But nothing stops you from using another lot type. My conservationist station is a retail store, it works fine.

I bet it would work just as well for a photo studio. Sell your own pictures. Pretend the customers coming in to browse are actually waiting to have their picture taken and have them pose for you.

It's a sandbox game. Do whatever you want instead of waiting for "official" gameplay features.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing as Sims 4 destroyed retail and made it so Sims only like doing certain activities on community lots unlike past games where you could drop anything make multiple stores restaurants gyms all on one lot and they all worked perfectly... But now we can pretend on this "sandbox" game which tells us what we can and can't do.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I called it since the twitch reveal. Here’s my feedback review on it.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/964268/feedback-on-the-moschino-reveal/p1

wB2Zykl.jpg