Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is There a Glitch With the Doctor Career?

So, even after running every single possible test I occasionally still have to pick from multiple illnesses for a diagnosis. So, I would assume, I'm supposed to go off of how the Sim is acting to pick the correct one. This works fine for things like Gas and Giggles or Starry Eyes (or whatever they're called), but twice now I've had a Sim showing one symptom- itchiness. So, forgive me for assuming it had to be Itchy Plumbob. Nope. Both times the surgery failed. Is this a glitch? Because I can't understand how it could be anything else (the other options were Sweaty Shivers and something, but neither hinted at any itchiness.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    I wish they would revamp that career so it worked like the vet where each time you perform a test, you get closer and closer to discovering the illness.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't think that's a glitch. It'll leave you with options that force you to look at the patient's visual symptoms as well as the remaining diagnosis options and use both to come up with an official diagnosis. A patient scratching themselves is not always associated with Itchy Plumbob (it's actually also a symptom of sweaty shivers.) I actually really like this about the doctor career because it makes it much more challenging than all the other careers.

A guide of the symptoms and their associated illnesses can be found here.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    You have to keep running tests until only one diagnosis is left.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member

That'd be swell, but many times I run every possible test (including treadmill and x-ray) and still have multiple diagnoses to choose from.

And alright, then, it seems it's just an issue with that one disease having a nonsensical symptom, then? Since I've never been itchy due to sweat and/or shivers. Thanks for the help and link, though, I think I've got it now.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited April 2019
    Serabee wrote: »

That'd be swell, but many times I run every possible test (including treadmill and x-ray) and still have multiple diagnoses to choose from.

And alright, then, it seems it's just an issue with that one disease having a nonsensical symptom, then? Since I've never been itchy due to sweat and/or shivers. Thanks for the help and link, though, I think I've got it now.

You have to repeatedly run the tests, meaning you'll have to do multiple treadmill and x-ray tests before you find the right diagnosis. It's not a one time thing, like it is with vets. Chances are, you won't be able to diagnose more than one patient per shift, if you even get to diagnose one at all.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I jump bed to bed (that don't sound right). I don't waste too much time on any sim. While I am testing them, I zoom into the front desk and when I see a kid that I know has starry eyes or bloaty head, I "X" out of taking my test sim back to their bed (when test is done, they go back to their bed on their own) and just grab the kid and diagnose them and send them on their way. I try another test on the "hard to figure out diagnosis", and leave them alone after that. They come back the next day and sometimes the diagnosis is less to choose from (could be a glitch from prior day). Usually swab throat and see if that does it. If not, they can stay in the bed, cause they have wasted enough of my time :D
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    I'm having trouble with surgery, every time my doctor goes to perform surgery the patient gets up and lays of the other operating table which the doctor can't interact with. There's also a baby basket next to the operatic table.