Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Stuff Pack Should I Buy Today?

I finally have some money to spend on the Sims 4, but I'm really struggling to pick which stuff pack to get. Please help me decide on which to get!

1. Moschino (Yes, I know it's controversial at the moment, but I'm a YouTuber so this pack might be fun to review since it's brand new. I mostly don't care about the actual stuff, though)
2. Kid's Room Stuff (I'm playing the 100 Baby challenge, and the build/buy seems really nice for that challenge (not to mention CAS))
3. Toddler Stuff (It seems like less comes in this pack, but I'm playing the 100 baby challenge and this pack could add more clothes and activities for toddlers)
4. Cool Kitchen Stuff (you can never go wrong with more counters (also has pretty nice CAS))
5. Backyard stuff (this pack is just so cheery that I feel drawn to it. It seems like it would brighten up the game and help a lot with building yards)

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'll say this: don't buy cool kitchen stuff because you want more counters. It will be disappointing.

Honestly, none of these are my favorites so my feedback may not be super useful, but I'd probably go with toddler, kid's room or moschino (although I don't have the latter yet so I'm just going off a feeling here :))
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    @SimTrippy Good point! I wish there was just a bit more info on Moschino out there so I could be sure it would be worth getting.
    whimreaper wrote: »
    @SimTrippy Good point! I wish there was just a bit more info on Moschino out there so I could be sure it would be worth getting.

Ikr I'm refreshing the forums trying to find out what people think but I can't really seem to find many opinions :sweat_smile:
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Well, it depends on your own play style which SP is best for you. I would personally choose either Backyard or Toddler Stuff from your choices since I probably use them the most. Backyard Stuff has a lot of really lovely CAS and BB items and I almost always use the bird feeder, wind chimes and drink tray in my builds. It also works well with Seasons if you have it. I also really love Toddler Stuff since I play with toddlers a lot and it gives them some much needed CAS and BB items. I enjoy taking my toddlers out to toddler parks on play dates. Kids Room is just as good and a must have if you play a lot with child sims. I am also quite fond of Cool Kitchen and often use the CAS and BB items. The ice cream machine works well with Dine Out too. I can't really judge the Moschino SP yet, but from what I've seen it would probably be my last choice. I'm not a big fan of brands in my game and I can't see myself using the CAS much. The BB looks nice, but I don't often play modern style builds. The biggest draw for me is the photography update, particularly the poses and toddler/group photos, but I don't feel this is enough for me to get it straight away. Every player is different though so I recommend checking out the SimsVIP guides and other reviews if you haven't already to see which appeals to you the most. :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    My favourite out of those would be Kid's room stuff. I love the voidcritters and the CAS is good.
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    I vote either toddler or kids room stuff! I use both of those packs a ton in my family gameplay. I probably use the kids room stuff a little more just because the kids life stage is longer, but the toddler stuff clothes are super cute!
    musteni wrote: »
    My favourite out of those would be Kid's room stuff. I love the voidcritters and the CAS is good.

I'm always so jealous of people who actually use the voidcritters actively. For some reason, I just can't watch my sim kids play that any longer than 3 seconds :( Always loved the idea of it but couldn't get to actually enjoy it in-game.

@annaliese39 agreed about the windchimes, I love those too!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I really enjoy kids room stuff it’s one of my favorites. Comes with a good amount of clothing and BB stuff.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Kids room probably although I use the ice cream machine from cool kitchen a lot to keep my sims in shape haha. I do 100 baby challenge too and they never have Time to work out
    Thanks, everyone, for your feedback so far! It seems like Kid's Room is the most popular so far, so I'm checking out a review on the pack. Although I'm sort of also talking myself into Moschino...
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm def getting Moschino today :) super excited about the photography poses and backdrops
    edited August 2019
    Thanks, everyone, for your feedback so far! It seems like Kid's Room is the most popular so far, so I'm checking out a review on the pack. Although I'm sort of also talking myself into Moschino...

You know, go with your gut. If you feel like the Moschino one, I honestly think it's a decent option. So let's see:
    -> you need a lot of clothes for kids & love decorating kid's rooms? - kid's room
    -> you need more clothes for toddlers? - toddler stuff
    -> your sims spend a lot of time outside and you love decorating gardens or the idea of water slides? - backyard stuff
    -> you like ice cream..? - kitchen stuff (this SP is really strange somehow, again, not recommended if you're looking for more counters)
    -> you love fashion and the idea of having a model or photographer? - moschino

I'd advise going with whatever you're likely to use the most or whatever fills a current "lack" you're feeling in-game :)
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    I am getting moschino today too. :) I'm excited.
    Talking to you talked me into just buying it, given the 6 euros that had been sitting uselessly in my account and the very small step of only having to add 3 (also, I have literally no self-control, and yes, I'm 100% aware of that).

So once I've finished dinner, I'll let you know what I think :D
    I really think that the Moschino stuff pack is most inspiring to me. I absolutely adore the Kid's Room Stuff, but it feels like I could tide myself over with some CAS cc for the time being, whereas the unique opportunity to review the Moschino Stuff pack on the release date and to play with a new career is more of a draw than puppet shows and void-critters. Thank you to everyone who's commented here! You all helped massively, and I know for sure which stuff pack I'll be getting next time ;)
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i like the toddler stuff pack a lot of stuff in there is cute
    Well I like it so far, but I didn't get into any real gameplay yet :D did you make a decision yet?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    OP, you better get the Moschino pack so you can get those views today! You know people are on YouTube as we speak trying to see what all is in the pack. And when you make your video, be thorough. Done properly, you could make $10 off the ad-revenue and use it to buy the pack you actually want lol
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    It depends on what kind of story you want to create. This is a simulation game we're talking about. So if you want to play family which involves children, then go for packs that have features such as new toys, activities...all the kid's stuffs. But if you prefer hanging out with other sims, some packs like movie or backyard can offer more fun activities for them to do. And if you enjoy the romance and like flowers, the romance garden is perfect. Wanna some pets? Then buy pet ones! To sum up, buy the packs including the items or features that you will use or need while playing. Otherwise, it would be a waste if you buy a pack but never use its unique features.

Not quite sure about this, but I remembered some packs are labels as something like "included in premier" or "digital deluxe", I think it means you can get some packs by upgrading to something. And I was curious about the digital deluxe so I searched it, players had replied that it would only be worth it if you used its stuffs in game. And I also saw a player claim he or she got it for free when EA allowed players to have the free upgrade. So it hit me that we might have chance to get free stuffs when EA is willing to. And players had also replied that there are some discount times! The price will be so sweet that you can almost buy two with one original price! Just wait for the discount! And ask experienced players that if the current discount is the cheapest one. I say this because I notice the price won't always be the same, some are cheaper, and unfortunately, some aren't.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    I finally have some money to spend on the Sims 4, but I'm really struggling to pick which stuff pack to get. Please help me decide on which to get!

1. Moschino (Yes, I know it's controversial at the moment, but I'm a YouTuber so this pack might be fun to review since it's brand new. I mostly don't care about the actual stuff, though)
    2. Kid's Room Stuff (I'm playing the 100 Baby challenge, and the build/buy seems really nice for that challenge (not to mention CAS))
    3. Toddler Stuff (It seems like less comes in this pack, but I'm playing the 100 baby challenge and this pack could add more clothes and activities for toddlers)
    4. Cool Kitchen Stuff (you can never go wrong with more counters (also has pretty nice CAS))
    5. Backyard stuff (this pack is just so cheery that I feel drawn to it. It seems like it would brighten up the game and help a lot with building yards)

Don't let the controversial stop you. You will find people pro and con for every single pack. Just look at the content and decide if you want to use it.

Out of your list my favourite is toddler stuff, closely followed by kids room stuff. I like to give pretty clothes and toys to my younger sims.
  • alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member

I don't own any of those but I'd get moschino, my second choice would be kitchen stuff, the rest are boring with no gameplay
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    I would say kids room stuff. I got the Moschino pack today and was really disapointed with it.
    Hello, everyone! I have already made my decision...and I went with Moschino! If you're interested in a very complete look at the pack, you can check out my latest video! Thanks for your help <3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfj_qowwAM4
    Thanks for sharing your video! Good work on your channel :) I hope you enjoy the pack.
    @SimTrippy Thank you! I am so far!