Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to have bands/groups in game?

2...Next

Comments

• jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Yes!
    @Rouenpucelle
    @ListentoToppDogg

I agree, kids and teens should definitely be able to join or form them too!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Yes!
    I've been wanting this for a while. Imagine performing in venues in each neighborhood, or having after-show parties, or being in the tabloids.

Count me in on kids and teens being able to form/join bands. I have two teens who are waiting for this option right now, and I could make a school choir for kids.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yes!
    I have cc drums, but it's obvious in game that they're just cc. I would love real ones! And I can't find even a cc saxophone. I also need an official singer aspiration.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Yes!
    Gordy wrote: »
    I've been wanting this for a while. Imagine performing in venues in each neighborhood, or having after-show parties, or being in the tabloids.

Count me in on kids and teens being able to form/join bands. I have two teens who are waiting for this option right now, and I could make a school choir for kids.

@Gordy
    Yes, kids and teens definitely need more things to do. Can't imagine those anymore, it makes me want these so badly in game! :D
    I also have already many sims that I can't wait to have in bands and so on. I already made those plans when creating them and with some when they grew up.

I have waited for so long to have these in game, so I really hope these would come in some pack (probably not via patch) soon!
    Yes!
    @Goodywood
    @Rouenpucelle

Yes! Lead singers, singer aspiration, even singer career and more songs to sing!

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I don't know. / I don't care.
    I've never been into bands but then I'm not that into the music scene anyway. I'd rather have more variety of musical instruments, personally.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Yes!
    I was annoyed by this just the other day. I could technically put some Sims in a club together and have them play musical instruments, but it wouldn't be the same. And also there are no drums. What do I do with my drummer if I don't have drums?

I could go for an entire pack themed around something like that. Apparently Showtime wasn't that popular in Sims 3, but I loved it. #RockStarDreams

completely agree I love playing this kind of sim life and have many mods in 3 I use to expand this sort of gameplay :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes!
    I thought Get Famous would have done this but it didn't.

I wanted to explore Music, as well as Acting, create musical groups and such but sadly it didn't happen.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    No.
    no because for the main reason that i do not care to see in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Yes!
    Yes yes yes so much. Right now I place a group of sims in a club but it just isn't the same. I want more instruments too, like drums.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Other (Comment)
    Both band & group.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Yes!
    I loved it when my sims were able to be in a band, with all the multi-tasking capabilities it's odd they can't form a band
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    An interesting thing i read a few weeks ago on the sims wiki about pre-mades are the simguru sims that are in your gallery by default; Purdue, L'Amour, Da Silva.. and so on. A number of those were in a band called Woowho.

I wonder if there were discussions between the simgurus and Maxis about the addition of bands?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes!
    Sims 2 had bands in Uni - which were the actual best bands the game ever had - so I was hoping we would get that kind of band back in the game. Sims 3 bands was shoddy in comparison to Sims 2 ones. Sims 2 ones were reality like and made sense - where as Sims 3 idea of bands was just a filler.

But yeah - must have a drummer and must make sense - not be there for fame but like they were in Sims 2 Uni - they made sense.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Harujii_Harujii_ Posts: 28 Member
    Yes!
    I create my favorite musicians a lot in my game. Would love to see them actually performing music together
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes!
    I was annoyed by this just the other day. I could technically put some Sims in a club together and have them play musical instruments, but it wouldn't be the same. And also there are no drums. What do I do with my drummer if I don't have drums?

I could go for an entire pack themed around something like that. Apparently Showtime wasn't that popular in Sims 3, but I loved it. #RockStarDreams

I feel like this might be the reason why they won't put bands in the game. They would probably just say something like, "Just create a club and bam!"
    🤦‍♀️
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Yes!
    Maybe they're going to do a cars and bands pack, so we can have garage bands...
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes!
    A band system is a must with the option to pick singer who plays what instrument what genre of music they play and most importantly unlike restaurants let it be our Sims not forced in townies I don't care to see. Love to be able to use all instruments we have up till this point including the pipe organ from Vampires with drums and bass guitar added and have any combo of these instruments be able to play the same songs together with the singer.
    Movotti wrote: »
    Maybe they're going to do a cars and bands pack, so we can have garage bands...
    I approve of this message.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"