Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• PixellamaPixellama Posts: 31 Member
    I also think (im rlly not sure) that sims can die from not doing laundry after a long time, making the stinky clothes be everywhere around the house.... not sure...
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    SimsLlina wrote: »
    i recently read somewhere that when you click in the packs icons of the dlc used in a build you can see what exact objects are used!! cool, right?

Yes! I always use that tool. It's a shame that the uploads on the news section doesn't show these icons.

Now, on topic. Did you new that alien hybrids had a secret handshake? And that the outdoor retreat items allow you to camp everywere, even in workplaces! Is fun to live as a nomad.

6BU42y6.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Alexciel wrote: »
    SimsLlina wrote: »
    i recently read somewhere that when you click in the packs icons of the dlc used in a build you can see what exact objects are used!! cool, right?

Yes! I always use that tool. It's a shame that the uploads on the news section doesn't show these icons.

Now, on topic. Did you new that alien hybrids had a secret handshake? And that the outdoor retreat items allow you to camp everywere, even in workplaces! Is fun to live as a nomad.

6BU42y6.png

Outdoor retreat is fast becoming my favourite pack. Those tents, showers and tiny fridge boxes mean that you can now stay a weekend or more on Sulani without having to go home, as well as everywhere else, if you keep them in your inventory.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I found out that if you graft a money tree with a different type of tree (I did it with a pear tree) you can see the money fruit on the tree (looks like a bunch of simolean bills) and harvest it into your inventory to plant more instead of just selling it.
  • AlexcielAlexciel Posts: 126 Member
    I found out that if you graft a money tree with a different type of tree (I did it with a pear tree) you can see the money fruit on the tree (looks like a bunch of simolean bills) and harvest it into your inventory to plant more instead of just selling it.

There was a small window of time on may, where you could graft mushroom into trees. The effect was hilarious, sadly I had never seen a mushroom tree uploaded to the gallery yet.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I learned recently that if you turn the earbuds in your sim's inventory on it will increase their fun even if they're not directly interacting with it via actively listening to or dancing to it. It doesn't increase fun as fast as directly listening to it but it does increase it. As far as I'm aware of regular stereos do not do not have this feature if they're are just turned on in a room with a sim who is not listening to it.

At any rate this has been a lifesaver in one of my poorer sim households where they haven't been able to afford a TV or computer yet and mom is too busy to read books to increase fun.

I have not seen the earbuds, are they base of from a pack?
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Lquinn wrote: »
    I learned recently that if you turn the earbuds in your sim's inventory on it will increase their fun even if they're not directly interacting with it via actively listening to or dancing to it. It doesn't increase fun as fast as directly listening to it but it does increase it. As far as I'm aware of regular stereos do not do not have this feature if they're are just turned on in a room with a sim who is not listening to it.

At any rate this has been a lifesaver in one of my poorer sim households where they haven't been able to afford a TV or computer yet and mom is too busy to read books to increase fun.

I have not seen the earbuds, are they base of from a pack?

Yep! Those came from the Fitness stuff pack with the rock climbing wall. :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited August 2019
    The swing set that comes with Island Living raises your Fun motive so quickly, it's like a cheat.
    The swing set that comes with Island Living raises your Fun motive so quickly, it's like a cheat.

That's true in real life too, swings are 👍
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

This is a great thread, and it made my favorite list. I keep my list small (only 3), so that should show how much I like it.
    Lquinn wrote: »

Yep! Those came from the Fitness stuff pack with the rock climbing wall. :)

Thanks, I don't have that yet, but now it is on my list.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited August 2019
    I didn't know Sims could place things on top of a half wall.

...And I just realised that the tutorial house has a few things sitting on a half wall in the kitchen. ^^;
    Post edited by AyKooChao on
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    I did not know that either. I am looking forward to trying that.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I didn't know that other sims can autonomously break up with your sim. You'll get a notification saying, "[Sim] just broke up with [Sim]." This probably only happens when the relationship is poor.
  • affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    I didn't know about any of these, I always though you needed to have space in between the wall and that really annoyed me
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Did you know that if a sim dies in your household and after the reaper takes the sim, or finishes if they let them have a 2nd chance and you have celebrities in that household that Grim will actually come over and ask for an autograph! I had a sim die that was married to Vatore, her twin was married to Izzy Fabulous, the one sister that died was the one married to Caleb and after she was gone ( I let her stay dead she had the nerve to ask Izzy on a date just as he was about to start his wedding to her sister) Grim came over to Izzy and his wife and asked them both for an autograph!
    When my child sim was sound asleep her mum suddenly walked into the room and kissed her forehead autonomously. It was a super cute moment and never seen it happen before.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @smurfy77 Off topic, but I always thought Izzy was gay.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    @smurfy77 Off topic, but I always thought Izzy was gay.

I've seen him seek out many of my female sims and flirt with them on his own, he's married a few different ones, I've never sern him in any game I've played flirt with a guy
    I didn't know that the voidcritter cards came in two versions for each card... the normal version and the limited edition foil version. (On the right of this photo you can see one of each of the same card)

Nh5w6lo.png
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Apparently, it's possible to learn music by listening to masters of the craft...
    f7YPmBq.jpg
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Apparently, it's possible to learn music by listening to masters of the craft...
    f7YPmBq.jpg

"Carry Lovingly" - I guess that's mod, @TomasGrizzly?
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    @loubyloulou yep. It uses the 'leap into arms' animation from proposing, Carry Lovingly is just the same initiated from the 'target' (compared to 'Leap to Arms', which is also included in the mod).
    Should be easy to find on Modthesims if you want to give it a try.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • fox_corpsefox_corpse Posts: 15 Member
    Unflirty sims have some really funny chat options.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top